TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Comprehensive Coaster Credit Conversation

^I'm Barry's adopted son

I will admit it, I'm a credit whore. Why? I don't know, I've honestly been one my whole entire life. Ever since I was little, I'd ride every coaster I could. Except for stupid Fuji-Q. What park closes at 5 on a Friday!?!?

-Dainan "Though I still haven't been on Woodstock Express at Dorney" Rafferty

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to keep track of my credits, but I am in no way a credit whore. I only ride the coasters that truly interest me. Small kiddie coasters don't cut it. I think that having a list of credits that are actually good is much better than having a few good ones and a lot of sucky ones. It's a hobby. It's whatever you make of it.

I don't care to count "credit" in my book it doesn't give you any more credibility. It's like me saying i've had 10 girlfriend and you have had 2....Doesn't make me any better than you. Plus if i sat down and remembered i'd forget how to find the slope of an angle ! haha! I can't even remember how many times i've been on B Bullet.

I don't care to count "credit" in my book it doesn't give you any more credibility. It's like me saying i've had 10 girlfriend and you have had 2....Doesn't make me any better than you. Plus if i sat down and remembered i'd forget how to find the slope of an angle ! haha! I can't even remember how many times i've been on B Bullet.

I don't think the gf analogy fits. Would you trust a movie critic who has only seen 20 movies? A book critic who has only read 10 books?

It's pretty much the same thing with coasters. If someone says that Millennium Force is their favorite coaster when they've only been to CP and KI, then that opinion isn't based on broad experience. That individual is extremely likely to change their opinion after having visited a few more parks. Someone who has been on 500 coasters, on the other hand, has experienced many of the top coasters, and thus has more credibility when saying that a certain ride is their favorite ride.

No, more credits doesn't make you better than anyone else. But, that's not quite what we're saying here.

I don't care to count "credit" in my book it doesn't give you any more credibility. It's like me saying i've had 10 girlfriend and you have had 2....Doesn't make me any better than you.

Depends on the hotness of the girls.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to start another topic on Credits but I wanted to ask a question and all the other credit topics are from 2005 so I didnt know if I'd get an answer if I posted on there!!!

I've only just got into the whole credit thing and I know it is a personal choice as to what you post but I'd feel bad if I was counting things most of you don't count and so effectively lying to you all about my coaster credits.

I decided to use RCDC.com as my benchmark for what is and isn't a coaster but I've suddenly realised a flaw in my plan, RCDB also includes powered coasters!!!

So my question is this: is using RCDB as a benchmark a good way of counting my credits or will I be shunned for including powered coasters?!

If you could give me an answer then great, I am very sorry to have posted another credit topic (and also kinda embaressed!)

Thanks

Matt

It is you who decides what is and what isn't a rollercoaster.

I have mulptiple coaster categories, powered coasters, water coasters, bobsled coasters and roller coasters. They are all coasters, but not all are rollercoasters.

That is a good point, so really I could have two counts - RollerCoaster Credits and just general CoasterCredits! For now I will probably include Water Coasters, Powered Coaster etc etc and then I can always work out how many proper RollerCoasters I have been on from that!

Thanks for your reply!

Matt

As said above, it's really up to what you consider a roller coaster. Personally I count anything that's on rcdb, including water and powered coasters. Some people have a problem with counting water because it's not entirely a roller coaster. The problem with powered is that they aren't really running on gravity the entire time. They do partially maybe for about 10 seconds on the downhill parts, but that's about all. People might give you a hard time if your a credit ho and count everything, but it's all in good fun.

I've only just got into the whole credit thing and I know it is a personal choice as to what you post but I'd feel bad if I was counting things most of you don't count and so effectively lying to you all about my coaster credits.

You can't "lie" about your credits. Count as you see fit, who cares what others think.

Only count every other coaster you ride if you wish, or count every tenth coaster twice.

It's just some random stat that doesn't really mean anything in the long run.

Thanks for the Advice! At the moment I think I will stick to using rcdb as the benchmark as using that I have 25 coasters and if I didn't include powered etc then that would be less and even more embaressing! Maybe once I have ridden a few more coasters I will start being stricter on powered coasters etc but for now I think I'll keep counting the way I am!

I like the idea of counting every 10th coaster twice, that would boast numbers a bit, but seriously - Thank you for all your input, sorry for starting another credit topic! It's been helpful, now all I need to do is get out and ride some more coasters!

Matt

• 8 months later...

First off, I was reading an update, and I've been wondering what a Jeff Johnson credit is. Does anybody know that might be able to tell me?

Second, what ride/attraction might you consider to be the "Ultimate Jeff Johnson credit?" I was just wondering.........

Patrick

P.S. for those who were reading my Silverwood update, I have the computer up & running. I'll get the EasyShare going ASAP.

From what I understand, a Jeff Johnson credit is basically anything that is debatable whether it's a credit or not, like a train. I'm pretty sure Jeff Johnson counts almost anything as a credit, and many jokes have been made about how he counts different seats as credits. Kind of reminds me of Chuck Norris jokes.

Anyways, don't take my word for it, I'm not super educated in the ways of TPR jokes.