TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: The Bamboozle Roadshow to hit Six Flags parks

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That video settles it for me. A bunch of stupid people stormed the stage in the name of "being rebellious" and got what was coming to them. SF security did nothing wrong in my eyes.

Hopefully that mace killed some of those kids' sense of entitlement.

The video definitely changes my idea of what exactly went on a little. It was my impression that the band had called the crowd onto stage. The video clearly shows this wasn't the case and that it had been a recurring theme throughout the show.

In similar situations I have seen announcements made that if that kind of behavior didn't stop the plug would be pulled and the show would be over. I've even seen a bands power cut mid song because the crowd wasn't complying.

I just have a hard time thinking mace was the right response.

They were definitely where they weren't supposed to be, and they clearly knew it, but if you watch the video you can see that they weren't rioting, stampeding, or putting anybody into any sense of immediate physical danger. It was definitely a liability, and I never argued that it wasn't. I understand completely why a park or venue wouldn't want this kind of behavior. I just think things could of been done to avoid the situation completely.

I still think something as simple as having a barrier would of been better solution to the situation. That or just not booking this type of show inside an amusement park. On top of that if controlling crowds are an issue than I don't like having those little peninsulas coming off of the stage (does anybody know what they are called, I don't). It creates a bigger line to hold if a situation like this arises.

As for the kids climbing on the stage they are showing the same spoiled rotten behavior that young teenagers are so known for. It's tiring, and it's old. I don't understand why kids this age can sometimes be more immature then kids half their age. I would like to think that any of my boys once they reach that age would be able to go "gee I don't think they want us on stage, we better stay down here."

Now in my initial response I forgot to address the issue of the bands response. I had planned to, but never got around to it. I don't blame the band for their reaction even though it is the wrong one. It was just an emotional response for an emotional event. The blame was definitely misplaced, but as an artist you never ever want to see fans at one of your shows get hurt. I just think he was emotional and didn't think what he was saying through before he opened his mouth. I also don't blame Six Flags for their response of dropping the band from the next show. If I was Six Flags I would immediately drop anyone from future shows that stood on a stage within my park and bad mouthed me and my parks. I doubt anyone at Six Flags ever sat in a meeting and made the decision to mace anybody. It's just a silly thought. I also don't think anyone is security ever did anything that didn't feel is necessary at the time.

Once cooler heads prevail I would love to see a formal apology posted by the band for their public statement. I don't expect to ever see such a thing, but I feel it is the proper response.

On one side oversights to pre-planning were made, and on the other side things were said that shouldn't of been said. In the end the most important thing is that lesson's are learned by all sides and mistakes are never repeated. Like I said the first time I think that this isn't as big of a deal as some people are making it, it just sparked my interest because it involves the world I am involved with now and the world I was involved with for so much of my life.

http://www.cbs11tv.com/video?id=54883@ktvt.dayport.com here is a news story on the incident

EDIT: I do want to point out that the second band member to speak about the incident on stage was from the band Boys Like Girls but that band was allowed to play at SFFT. Also watching other videos people were going on stage not only for All Time Lows set but several other bands thought the event.

Edited by coasterkyle

The macing was an overreaction, yes All Time Low might have wanted to think about this before they did it, but they know one thing: to put on a great show and give their fans a good time. For a pop punk show it includes, to some, what happened and that was bringing their fans on stage. Six Flags should have done their homework, it's not the responsibility of the band, the tour manager, or anyone to tell Six Flags what to expect, if you're going to bring a tour of this caliber to your park, be ready for it. Macing shouldnt have occurred, why did they do it? Were kids attacking each other? Were they trying to hurt the security that was present? No, the thing I see in the video is kids rushing up there and jumping around, no rioting or anything, so it wasn't needed. I'm not saying I'm right, but for someone looking to own a venue one day it's kind of sad to see this happen at a show that was supposed to be fun.

Are you joking? Its not the bands responsibility to inform the park or security that they may incite a crowd of hundreds or more to suddenly rush the stage? Really? What if a kid gets trampled? You could be looking at multiple lawsuits because kids get trampled under the rush and get broken bones or worse. Its great to say its all in fun, but you are dealing liabilities and at shows people get hurt all the time. I've seen it happen at every big punk, alternative, heavy metal, etc. show I've been to. Someone (typically many people) get taken out on a stretcher. Who do you think the parents of a kid who gets seriously hurt are going to blame if the band gets to have their way and tells a thousand rowdy people to all cram a space only designed to hold a few hundred? That's right, the venue, aka Six Flags.

I've been to countless HFStivals, Warped Tours, Ozzfests, Family Values, and dozens more shows large and small; anytime you tell a large crowd to rush a small space you are asking for someone to get hurt, asking for security to have problems and you are creating a massive liability for the venue. The band was completely irresponsible.

http://www.cbs11tv.com/video?id=54883@ktvt.dayport.com here is a news story on the incident

Screw the stupid band and Six Flags I want to know what the hell this is!!!!

Anything that looks like a giant lizard being carried by a helicopter over the city gets my attention REAL quick!

iggy.jpg.b104c0f783805aed51bd251368603b7e.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

^^

It's called LIABILITY, dude!

If security would have just let that happen and any one of those teens or even a band member would have been hurt the park could be held liable. It's called trying to avoid a MAJOR lawsuit if something may have happened.

So in order to protect the park, it is acceptable to spray an unlucky few of the easily influenced sheeple in the face with mace? I fail to see you're logic. I would say that would be the same as executing a person for stealing a tv. It might be wrong, but the action does not merit the reaction.

^^

It's called LIABILITY, dude!

If security would have just let that happen and any one of those teens or even a band member would have been hurt the park could be held liable. It's called trying to avoid a MAJOR lawsuit if something may have happened.

So in order to protect the park, it is acceptable to spray an unlucky few of the easily influenced sheeple in the face with mace? I fail to see you're logic. I would say that would be the same as executing a person for stealing a tv. It might be wrong, but the action does not merit the reaction.

No it's the same thing as macing someone for stealing a TV

I thought the giant lizard was in Robb's pants.

Yeah, still not understanding where there's confusion here. When you buy a Six Flags ticket, are you entitled to enter "restricted areas"? No. When you buy a concert ticket, are you entitled to run on stage? No. Do either, and you run the risk of being maced, tased, or worse. Period.

If it were my kid who came home complaining of being maced, I'd laugh at him/her, then put my foot in their arse for being stupid.

In other news, can we get 'em to drop that lizard on the crowd and the band next time?

It's pretty clear that they had plenty of time to shut the show down before it got outta hand. Sure the kids shouldn't of been jumping on stage, but they should have cut the power and cleared everyone out way before it got to pepper spraying teen girls, acting like teenagers. It's after it's shut down and people refuse to leave or get rowdy that you start pepper spraying or if your LAPD break out the rubber bullets. I've been at concerts where people were actually throwing stuff at the cops and nobody got pepper sprayed or even arrested. In closing, Six Flags in the future should check out who its booking and the crowd they draw, this is nothing compared to some of the concerts i've been to, but the venues know how to handle it and it almost never gets outta hand.

Ok, im done with this, i think everybody has formed their opinion, nothing left to comment on 'til it plays out or goes away.

Six Flags:

Six Flags security does not carry mace or pepper spray. The Arlington PD was called to intervene in a situation where a teenage girl was being severely trampled and in danger of injury.

The quote is from Facebook.

Why are we still talking about the band incident when THIS was posted to the previous page?

Stupid crap happens at concerts all the time...how often do you see a GIANT LIZARD flying through your town???

Hey Robb, you mentioned that you once worked for Oingo Boingo..

Just wondering if you've ever seen Forbidden Zone. I just saw it last summer for the first time and became an instant fan of Danny Elfman and Oingo Boingo. Man, that's one trippy movie.