TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Bah, I hate waiting lol.

Go for the second row, pretty much the same ride as the first with a similar wait to other rows. Even though the people that wait longer for the front row will try to tell you how much better their ride was.

Bah, I hate waiting lol.

Go for the second row, pretty much the same ride as the first with a similar wait to other rows. Even though the people that wait longer for the front row will try to tell you how much better their ride was.

In that case, my first ride (last year) was in the 2nd row. We went for the front but the 2nd row had no wait so we did that instead. So, there you have it. This year Ive sat in the middle once and the very back once last time I was @ the park and that was INSANE (not really in a good way).

Any way you cut it, its not worth waiting an hour for 20 seconds of ride time IMO. You guys enjoy, I'll be over in the line for Toro/Nitro.

Bottom Line is that there are better things to do here than KK, however Zumanjaro looks like fun.

Personally, Id sooner do Bizarro, Batman, Superman etc than KK. I would like to try Dragster to compare.

When I went yesterday I went straight to Ka. When I got there it was already a 30 minute wait. When Zumanjaro opened later that day, I saw that the line fit Ka was outside the entrance! Hopefully the state grants the permit soon for them to run simultaneously

I did Zumanjaro on the 16th, last time I was there. I don't like drop rides much but since I had FP I did it, since I knew I wouldn't wait for it any other time. The line had to be 2-3+ hours (around 4pm on a Wednesday), but it was nice to walk right on.

I usually skip it if the line is more than 20 minutes. Most of the time in past years it isn't a problem since I try to go to the park on slow days. It sounds like those days might be over though since if it is taking 20 - 30 minutes just with a station wait, then most days it is going to have a minimum of a 30+ minute line. I hope there will be a season pass night in the fall (last year there wasn't one since Fright Fest started so early), that will be a good chance to get a lot of Kingda Ka rides in.

This might be better aimed at the dudes over at GAH, but can anyone remember a year when SFGAdv did absolutely nothing in terms of new attractions?

Is it weird that a ton of parks have begun hinting at 2015, some have announced already, or people have at least noticed work going on to warrant some speculation, but that with GAdv we have absolutely nothing at this point? They usually announce late August if I am correct, right?

I guess I could just be jumping the gun, and part of me doesn't even care if we get anything new.

This might be better aimed at the dudes over at GAH, but can anyone remember a year when SFGAdv did absolutely nothing in terms of new attractions?

Is it weird that a ton of parks have begun hinting at 2015, some have announced already, or people have at least noticed work going on to warrant some speculation, but that with GAdv we have absolutely nothing at this point? They usually announce late August if I am correct, right?

I guess I could just be jumping the gun, and part of me doesn't even care if we get anything new.

SFI has a policy of adding something to every park every year. So SFGAdv will get something. However, that likely will not be something major. Also, I don't remember the park hinting new attractions well.

2002 is the last year for the park to have no new rides / attractions put in, but that year they did their "Summer of Festivals" where each week was a new theme with different exhibits in the center of the park (we had just come off of the War on Lines, SFHH being built, and Nitro in consecutive years, so I think a mild year was due).

EDIT: Here the info from 2002, outlining the Festival and some new shows:

New for this season will be Dolphin Discovery, a fascinating, upbeat look into the world of bottlenose dolphins and sea lions, as well as Ski Xtreme, an exciting display of talented water-skiers performing amazing stunts and breathtaking acrobatics. As always, Six Flags continues to offer all of it’s other world-class shows and attractions sure to please guests of all ages!

Also new this season, is a “Summer of Festivals,” running from mid-June through the end of August. Festivals will include Latin, Italian, Greek, Irish/Scottish, Asian and Caribbean. These all-new festivals include top-tier concert performances, authentic festival foods and an exciting atmosphere with games, strolling entertainment and some of the region’s best entertainers. Please visit sixflags.com for updates about performers and festival information.

So here is what a Friday in August was like today:

- arrived/parked at 9:40am (to account for security line)

- made it into the park around 10:15am

- headed to the left of the fountain/left of the crowd (for early season pass entry)....asking, "why don't they rope off a section/line for season pass holders vs. everyone pushing?" Also- it is rude for the non-season pass holders who don't know/understand why guys like me are pushing them out of the way....to get through!

- assuming you are like me (and hate the head-banging from Green Lantern, find no interest in Superman).....then there is no doubt that that 1st stop has to be Kinda Ka (thanks to the state of NJ who has cut back on the capacity per hour)

- Zumajaro was going to be my next stop, but shocker- wasn't running in the am!

- headed over to El Toro....no wait (1st seat then last seat)

- Bizarro (can someone please go on this ride, so we don't have to be stacked, watching the staff click open/click close all the seat belts????)

- Mine Train? sure....hope I don't get stuck on it, when it breaks down!

- that took me to lunch around 12:30pm (more than 2 people ringing up the food at Best of the West would be great, thank you for the major delay)

- Houdini? ok

- Nitro? at that point.....I reached my limit (flew through the rides mentioned with no lines, and knew that come 3pm.....it was time to head out)....so- "ride was temporarily down"- shocker!....."let's go to Batman"- stupid idea, 90 minute wait....oh look- Nitro is testing! so back that direction, 60 minute wait.....and of course, only 2 trains running, B and C....calculate my row to avoid C- then......fast pass killed that planning......then a major delay, time to roll out train A....fast pass in my row, fast pass in my row, fast pass in my row.......90 minutes later- my turn! At that point- I lost all interest......

Bottom line- fun morning, and should have left at lunch....regarding Nitro:

- it frustrates me to no end that there is no single rider lane (each train left with a minimum of 5 open seats, including the front....which based on 36 seats, is a major drain on capacity)

- I totally respect fast pass, and those who spend the $$$$ deserve to get ahead of any/all lines.....however- the way that they SFGA handles this on Nitro is a cluster-f

Lastly- I will be passing around a hat, so that we can all donate for some $$$ for some gallons of "weed b gon" to be used around their queue areas........

"why don't they rope off a section/line for season pass holders vs. everyone pushing?" Also- it is rude for the non-season pass holders who don't know/understand why guys like me are pushing them out of the way....to get through!

regarding Nitro:

- it frustrates me to no end that there is no single rider lane (each train left with a minimum of 5 open seats, including the front....which based on 36 seats, is a major drain on capacity)

Agreed on both counts.

I'm pretty certain that a few years ago they handled season pass holder early entry at the rope drop in a more organized manner.

- headed to the left of the fountain/left of the crowd (for early season pass entry)....asking, "why don't they rope off a section/line for season pass holders vs. everyone pushing?" Also- it is rude for the non-season pass holders who don't know/understand why guys like me are pushing them out of the way....to get through!

- assuming you are like me (and hate the head-banging from Green Lantern, find no interest in Superman).....then there is no doubt that that 1st stop has to be Kinda Ka (thanks to the state of NJ who has cut back on the capacity per hour)

- Bizarro (can someone please go on this ride, so we don't have to be stacked, watching the staff click open/click close all the seat belts????)

- that took me to lunch around 12:30pm (more than 2 people ringing up the food at Best of the West would be great, thank you for the major delay)

- Houdini? ok

- Nitro? at that point.....I reached my limit (flew through the rides mentioned with no lines, and knew that come 3pm.....it was time to head out)....so- "ride was temporarily down"- shocker!....."let's go to Batman"- stupid idea, 90 minute wait....oh look- Nitro is testing! so back that direction, 60 minute wait.....and of course, only 2 trains running, B and C....calculate my row to avoid C- then......fast pass killed that planning......then a major delay, time to roll out train A....fast pass in my row, fast pass in my row, fast pass in my row.......90 minutes later- my turn! At that point- I lost all interest......

- I totally respect fast pass, and those who spend the $$$$ deserve to get ahead of any/all lines.....however- the way that they SFGA handles this on Nitro is a cluster-f

Lastly- I will be passing around a hat, so that we can all donate for some $$$ for some gallons of "weed b gon" to be used around their queue areas........

I think it'd be nice if Six Flags had a flash pass procedure chain wide, especially since you have a lot of the same types of rides [ B&M Hypers, Batmans, Flyers] because honestly once you get in the station the layouts are pretty much the same.

- Houdini? ok

nice trip report, I have been saying the same thing regarding the season pass holder early entry. why do they not have a separate line for season pass holder to line up. I have even mentioned it to the am security, and they say they have been asking for that, but the park doesnt want to do that. every time I visit, you have to pass all the general admission guests, and they think you are cutting them. Its suck a cluster F*CK.

What time did Zumanjaro finally open at? Sucks to hear about what went on with Nitro. I have noticed this season that the ride ops/attendants are sending out tons of empty seats/rows on all coasters throughtout the park.

I wonder if it was people with exit passes or something similar at Nitro. Nitro's Flash Pass line merges at the station so there shouldn't be people taking rows using Flash Pass from those waiting in the station.

Last year for early entry, they had the separate gates and didn't use rope drop and just opened the gates for the passholders at 10 minutes early and then let everyone else in at opening. I guess that didn't work out because the lines to get into the park were going well past the ticket booths even on slower days like a Friday night in September with a 5:30 opening.

Last year for early entry, they had the separate gates and didn't use rope drop and just opened the gates for the passholders at 10 minutes early and then let everyone else in at opening. I guess that didn't work out because the lines to get into the park were going well past the ticket booths even on slower days like a Friday night in September with a 5:30 opening.

Yup, I think they realized that was completely counter productive.

nice trip report, I have been saying the same thing regarding the season pass holder early entry. why do they not have a separate line for season pass holder to line up. I have even mentioned it to the am security, and they say they have been asking for that, but the park doesnt want to do that. every time I visit, you have to pass all the general admission guests, and they think you are cutting them. Its suck a cluster F*CK.

What time did Zumanjaro finally open at? Sucks to hear about what went on with Nitro. I have noticed this season that the ride ops/attendants are sending out tons of empty seats/rows on all coasters throughtout the park.

So good to know that I'm not the only one with that observation (about not have some sort of specific area/lane for season pass holders to enter the park 15 minutes before general admission.......and as you pointed out, others think you are an "ash soul" for cutting them!) From the best of my knowledge, Zumanjaro opened 12pm or so....I was on Bizarro at the time, and saw it being tested....headed over, approx. 30-40 minute wait....line was growing big time when I got off the ride.

Ok so im just getting back from my GA trip yesterday! Just a few things id like to point out.

1. I was amazed at how many people dont get the flash pass and just decide to sit in the line and then complain how bad the ride or attraction was.But hey thats up to them. We hit the safari first and we loved it. Again people waited two hours in line then another for the ride:( thats crazy!

2. El toro had a breakdown at the end of the day about 9pm. Its was going to be our last one before zumanjaro. So we were about to be the next train out of the station when out of no where the operator gets a look on her face and alls I heard was "the issue is not In the station" to the workers and they throw on the orange vests and she picks up the white phone. We waited for about 10 minutes and the park engineers came out and we knew this couldnt be good! Then we peaked at saw the train sitting on the hill. Everyone looked to be calm but then this BIG woman comes running up the stairs saying......get my kids off the roller coaster! Anyway we were already locked in for zumanjaro so we just got out of line to go over there! Sadly no el toro this time around. But by the end of the night they were testing witha few people in the station waiting holding on for hope to ride it but just ended up closed rest of the night!

3. Zumanjaro....... all I can say is wow wow wow! Iloved every second of it! We got on at 930 pm and it was nice and quick to seee the whole park lit up and philadelphia in the distance! Well thats what the operator told us you can see. NOW ...great ride but the walk to it was horrible! I thought I was walking back to my car at the end of the lot. For flash pass atleast have a shorter entrance.

4. Push down, pull up, push down,, pull up, push down, pull up. YO its not working I told the nitro operator. I think we spent and extra 5 minute s trying to get this sorted out. Get it fixed my god! I didnt wait for the C train even though I thought about we were pressed for time.

We got on everything else with no issues. Only other thing is why do they hire so many unhappy employes at the food stand and games? My cousin wanted to keep playing bjt he told me the girl running the game had such a gloomy attitude he just said forget it!

Ok so im just getting back from my GA trip yesterday! Just a few things id like to point out.

1. I was amazed at how many people dont get the flash pass and just decide to sit in the line and then complain how bad the ride or attraction was.But hey thats up to them. We hit the safari first and we loved it. Again people waited two hours in line then another for the ride:( thats crazy!

- it is a money thing (of course)

2. El toro had a breakdown at the end of the day about 9pm. Its was going to be our last one before zumanjaro. So we were about to be the next train out of the station when out of no where the operator gets a look on her face and alls I heard was "the issue is not In the station" to the workers and they throw on the orange vests and she picks up the white phone. We waited for about 10 minutes and the park engineers came out and we knew this couldnt be good! Then we peaked at saw the train sitting on the hill. Everyone looked to be calm but then this BIG woman comes running up the stairs saying......get my kids off the roller coaster! Anyway we were already locked in for zumanjaro so we just got out of line to go over there! Sadly no el toro this time around. But by the end of the night they were testing witha few people in the station waiting holding on for hope to ride it but just ended up closed rest of the night!

- I've experienced that twice this season (once on the bottom of the lift, then at the top).....your guess is as good as mine as to what is causing this to happen

3. Zumanjaro....... all I can say is wow wow wow! Iloved every second of it! We got on at 930 pm and it was nice and quick to seee the whole park lit up and philadelphia in the distance! Well thats what the operator told us you can see. NOW ...great ride but the walk to it was horrible! I thought I was walking back to my car at the end of the lot. For flash pass atleast have a shorter entrance.

- cool! Gotta' try it at night!

4. Push down, pull up, push down,, pull up, push down, pull up. YO its not working I told the nitro operator. I think we spent and extra 5 minute s trying to get this sorted out. Get it fixed my god! I didnt wait for the C train even though I thought about we were pressed for time.

- funny, that has happened to me too! (and I consider myself and "experienced" rider)....makes you look like an idiot to those waiting to board!

We got on everything else with no issues. Only other thing is why do they hire so many unhappy employes at the food stand and games? My cousin wanted to keep playing bjt he told me the girl running the game had such a gloomy attitude he just said forget it!

I went to SFGA yesterday and got there before opening as I usually do. I also always head over to Nitro for my first ride after getting my Flash Pass. Yesterday, for some reason, they were allowing people in the Flash Pass entrance before they opened the regular queue. So, I was the first guest to ride Nitro yesterday, and I had the entire train to myself. I thought that was pretty neat.