TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Please let this thing be running by the 19th! I have one chance to ride it for this year and it has a major malfunction. F***!

First no El Toro! Now this. Is there any other reason to visit this park?

Being that the rest of the park (barring perhaps Chiller) features nothing but rides that actually work, and it'd be your first visit (I'm assuming), I think you'll find plenty to keep you busy. Just keep your eyes off the big, limp blue and green weiner.

If Ka is down on your visit, turn right at the fountain and feast on Nitro for the first hour or so.

-Mark

^Agreed. I liked "back in the day" when the new ride would open with the park for the season. Its not like they got a late start or anything with any of these rides. At least Goliath didn't open too much later than the park.

^ Yeah, I have to second that, it seems to me that people are saying that being restrained will make the ride suck. Like they want to hover over wheel bearings careening down a track at 70mph.

We've had great rides in the past with similar restraints, I don't see why this should be much different.

I think the wings look cool. Hmmph.

Bad news for the thousands of people who like to shuffle horizontally during a ride! /end sarcasm

Please let this thing be running by the 19th! I have one chance to ride it for this year and it has a major malfunction. F***!

First no El Toro! Now this. Is there any other reason to visit this park?

Being that the rest of the park (barring perhaps Chiller) features nothing but rides that actually work, and it'd be your first visit (I'm assuming), I think you'll find plenty to keep you busy. Just keep your eyes off the big, limp blue and green weiner.

If Ka is down on your visit, turn right at the fountain and feast on Nitro for the first hour or so.

-Mark

Thank you Mark.

Do you have any plans for the 18th? That is the day that I am going to be there? It's always more fun to ride when you are not the sad and pathetic one. It is always great to meet other TPR'ers as well.

Let me know.

^ & ^^ Who's making a big deal about the U-bars and wings?

If you read through the thread, past the part where people are saying that it won't be good judging by an incomplete structure, you'll see that some people are saying that the restraints are bad before we even knew what they were, and in the post above, that the wings make it a "death trap".

I think we should wait until it opens before we make any long term judgements, but that's just me.

looks like a more safe design of restraint to me. probably to make sure peoples legs dont make their way out of the train. people will try to if they could! The way the train banks and all - it needs a wing up there to make people not attempt to lean or stick anything out. its a probably a psychological restraint, lol. safety first! Besides, i doubt the wing will be even noticable. most out attention will be facing fowards and feeling the supposed airtime.

Because of my schedule change I am able to get a lot more in to my trip. Here is my new schedule.

14-Arrive NY JFK - Do Cyclone

15-Work - Spamalot at night.

16- Work - Strip Clubs at night.

17- Set/Show/Strike - No fun to be had anywhere.

18- Rent a car real early - 6FGAdv - Drive up to 6FNE

19- 6FNE all day - Drive to Lake Compounce

20- Lake Compounce - Drive to Rye Playland - Rye Playland - JFK by 7pm - Fly back to LA.

Craig, I will call you when I am in NY.

If anyone else would like to meet up at any of these places. (Including the strip club) PM me.

As for the harness or restraints etc...this coaster has like a 79 degree angle drop. It is definitely for safety. They dont want people falling out!!!

But - I was just there last Sunday. They said it should be open by the end of the end of Spring (Summer begins June 21) They were currently intertwining El Toro and Rolling Thunder.

Lookie at the pictures I took on Sunday: --->

before.JPG.63ed9544fa126a4ba3ee445b2a8cb016.JPG

this is just the before shot...last year in october

tracks.JPG.d37babfeca17fd1d2e51342dbbdf0611.JPG

just a wacky close up of it

886215681_fromground.JPG.17989bb10802618ef1589bd4df0094b5.JPG

from the ground

100_4818.JPG.7aefd34f96fe28354ecaec0191c96e47.JPG

from the skyway

skyway.JPG.4699b90fe7d1e4db56669d96456fbd9d.JPG

almost a top view

GAInsider has a good picture of the trains...

The Park also has a new official update...

Rolling Thunder Infield 1

Rolling Thunder Infield 2

May 14, 2006 Progress continues with the setting of Plaza del Carnaval entrance portal icon. We are completing the finishing touches of fence work and queue line walkways for Tango. When passing Tango, straight ahead is the completed El Mercado gift shop. We are providing the equipment for the restaurant and finishes for the Bill-of-Fare for La Cocina .

Finishing touches and graphics are in progress in El Toro's station. All structural framing and track is in place and gauging of the track is 95 percent complete. Trains are scheduled to be placed May 15.

Al Rubano, Director of Construction