TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventureland (Iowa) Discussion Thread

The logo may look cheap, but the ride is vastly more interesting than the other new steel looper over by lake Erie

Look forward to Adventureland in 2015! I've been meaning to get back for a loooong time now. Especially excited to get back on Tornado. Only a few Cobb coasters left; he knew how to shake things up, vary pacing, create character, and all that good stuff we don't see too much anymore.

What's the one thing you miss at Adventureland? I miss the Super Screamer (the very roller coaster I'd ever ridden!) And The Mixer, which was an awesome thill ride addition to their midway.

I've never been to Adventureland. I will be making my first visit next Summer. But, I am really hopeful that the addition of Monster will be the beginning of more major capital investments for the park and help it to grow and become a park more people are striving to get to.

Actually this is just a continuation of large caps. Every 2 years the park has added something large.

2016 - Monster

2014 - Storm Chaser

2013 - Waterpark phase III

2011 - Waterpark phase II

2009 - Waterpark phase I

Makes me curious as to what they have planned for 2017

^Given the larger investment that is Monster, I think it is totally possible that 2017 will be an off year with park improvements not necessarily including any new ride, show or attraction additions.

Edited by jedimaster1227

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking at their facebook page it looks like they'll go vertical in early March which seems a bit late to me. The Storm Chaser didn't open until mid June though so it doesn't seem like having the new ride open on opening day is a priority. Don't quote me on this, but I believe that the big zero-g hang loop thingy is going to go around the sky ride, which will be kinda the best. Adventureland has one of the best old sky rides around and I'm glad they chose to integrate it into the layout.

I hate how so many parks purposefully shoot for mid summer openings for their big new rides. If you're going to start advertising a new ride for 2016 in August, I naturally expect it to be open when I come through in late May/early June when I usually take my trips. Some people blame the weather, but there's no reason they couldn't have gotten started a little earlier. This is another reason why I sometimes wait until the following year to hit up new coasters.

^ I'll be happy as long as it's open before I'm there the end of July. Oddly enough, I was already planning to visit before Monster was announced, since we're going to Minnesota and Des Moines is right on the way. The announcement sealed it, and made it a must stop. I'm really looking forward to the US' first Infinity coaster!

I hate how so many parks purposefully shoot for mid summer openings for their big new rides. If you're going to start advertising a new ride for 2016 in August, I naturally expect it to be open when I come through in late May/early June when I usually take my trips. Some people blame the weather, but there's no reason they couldn't have gotten started a little earlier. This is another reason why I sometimes wait until the following year to hit up new coasters.

And the park is more concerned about their regular customers (the locals) than someone just passing through.

Here's a small update from the FB page. Just gotta keep telling myself to be patient

"We know everyone wants to see pictures of progress on The Monster, our new steel roller coaster coming in June. Looking at the site right now is sort of like looking at an iceberg - it is mostly below the surface! But soon enough we will start to go VERTICAL and we are very excited about that! Progress pictures should be more regular now. We have a lot of exciting changes at the Adventureland Inn as well, with Spectators (the new sports bar & grill coming soon) and their brand new arcade and redemption center on the upper level that will open in later March. Summer 2016 will be here before you know it!"

https://www.facebook.com/Adventureland-Park-102775329805861/?fref=ts

12647523_942773975805988_4653435426245456591_n.jpg.3a7ae64a33d8dd9e8be24db8a506437f.jpg