TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

From that video you can tell that Intimidator 305's turn inclines to about 75 feet before entering the 2nd hill and rising another 75 feet. So basically the 2nd hill will be like the 3rd hill going up (which is 75 feet), but coming down you will drop 150 feet. AWESOME!

Oh and Shockwave, Triple Spin, and the Grove look beautiful! Its going to be a great year for Kings Dominion... Can't wait!

From that video you can tell that Intimidator 305's turn inclines to about 75 feet before entering the 2nd hill and rising another 75 feet. So basically the 2nd hill will be like the 3rd hill going up (which is 75 feet), but coming down you will drop 150 feet. AWESOME!

Oh and Shockwave, Triple Spin, and the Grove look beautiful! Its going to be a great year for Kings Dominion... Can't wait!

Can't wait to see shockwave in person sunday after seeing Clint's update those colors look great.Since they did a full rehab on wave swinger I'd love to see a sign at the entrance,it's the only ride in the grove that I'm aware of that's never had a sign at it's entrance.

^IMHO. Of all the Togos I've ridden. I find it the most memorable.

I can say it's also memorable. My nuts are still in a sling!

I mean really.....I'm all for airtime but why on everything that's holy did TOGO put an airtime hill on a damn stand-up?!?

Were you guys on full body Novocaine when you rode Shockwave?

Why yes! Haven't you learned how to prepare for some rides yet? When you ride a Vekoma you bring your neck brace & Vicodin. When you ride a Togo, Novocaine or Morphine. C'mon! this is coaster riding 101!

Guy "You call yourself an enthusiast?! Ha!" Koepp

It's still going to be a TOGO......one with a nice paint job, but still a TOGO.

Add me to the list of people who prefer this TOGO to any B&M stand up I have ever been on. If you ride it right it is actually quite a bit of fun! Backseat and keep your head back against the headrest like the sign says and you have nothing to worry about. And remember to prepare for that sudden stop at the end LMAO!

Add me to the list of people who prefer this TOGO to any B&M stand up I have ever been on. If you ride it right it is actually quite a bit of fun! Backseat and keep your head back against the headrest like the sign says and you have nothing to worry about. And remember to prepare for that sudden stop at the end LMAO!

Best seat in the house is car four,row one,left side.I've ridden countless times without any pain below the belt afterwards...you've just gotta brace yourself during the transition into the helix & that tight turn leading to the brakerun.

Yes they are painful, but the airtime hill and hops are ridiculous and worth it in my opinion as long as you are prepared. In the B&M/Togo standup discussion, I stand in the middle (pun intended).

1. Riddler's Revenge

2. Sky Rider

3. Mantis

4. Iron Wolf

Have you ridden Riddler? Or Chang? Or Mantis? Or Georgia Scorcher? The early B&M standups should be banned under anti-torture laws, but starting with Mantis, they blow Togo's standups out of the water. And Mantis isn't even that great.

As of right now, I have been on both Vortexes, Mantis, Riddler's Revenge, and Shockwave (in terms of stand-ups). I have to say that Shockwave is dead last. I rode it once, and I said I would ride it again if and only if there was a two train or shorter wait. It wasn't exceptionally bad, but I didn't notice anything specifically good about it. It was, however, my least favorite coaster at Kings Dominion. The one thing I will give it credit for is that it is a completely different experience from the B&M stand-up coasters, which is the only reason I would ride it again.