TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

After riding both of the Intimidators I can say that it sticks I didn't get out here to ride it for opening. It's still better than it's B&M counterpart. The drop is completely neutered, but at least the turns are pretty intense. The Beemer just slams into every single one of its trim brakes and just crawls over each of its hills.

I don't agree! Much more airtime on the B&M at Carowinds than In-Trim-adator in Virginia. The first drop is pathetic. I'm not big on the 2 quick direction changes near the end of the ride too . I guess I could call this Maverick II . Needless to say, I'm not a Maverick fan.

Why don't they have an instructional video in the queue that tell riders about anti g-loc exercises that fighter pilots use to prevent any form of cerebral hypoxia?

You couldn't hear the instructions over all the southern rock, anyway.

I don't agree! Much more airtime on the B&M at Carowinds than In-Trim-adator in Virginia.

Yes! The B&M takeover is coming into fruition!

Anyways, what's your guys' opinions on Intimidator 305 vs. Millennium Force? I'm thinking of making a trip to KD, but I want to know if it'll be worth it.

Anyways, what's your guys' opinions on Intimidator 305 vs. Millennium Force? I'm thinking of making a trip to KD, but I want to know if it'll be worth it.

I didn't get a chance to ride Intimdator pre-1st drop trims, but my opinion is that MF is a lot better than Intimidatator. For me, Intimidator's first turn is very uncomfortable, I did not like the quick transitions from one side to the other nor did i like the karate chops to the neck that came with the transitions, but I did like the two or three small bunny hills towards the end of the ride, which MF lacks. I'm also not a fan of the over-the-shoulder restraints either. I think the MF is operated better with the unload and load station and three trains seem to make operations seem faster. The view of Lake Erie is hard to beat too. I wonder how different my opinion might be if Intimidator just had lap bars? I think it would improve the experience LOTS.

Intimidator, for me, is not a ride i would like to ride over and over and MF i def do want to ride over and over.

I don't agree! Much more airtime on the B&M at Carowinds than In-Trim-adator in Virginia.

Yes! The B&M takeover is coming into fruition!

I never rode In-TRIM-idator pre-trims. The quick directional changes aren't comfortable now , I cannot imagine at faster speeds. Keep in mind I don't like Maverick at Cedar Point which has many quick direction changes. 305 hills = little airtime on hill #2, hill #3 is good, hill #4 would be good but the abrupt direction change terminates it.

If you've got a choice between Millie and Trim-iadator, I'd opt for Millie right now.

^possibly because MF has no excitement except the first drop and it's not as intense as Intimidator?

See, it's comments like that which I can't stand. I love how it's stated as if it were a fact that MF has no excitement after the first drop. Yeah, maybe not, to YOU (those last 2 words being the key ones).

I for one love MF, but I'm also very intrigued about I305 as well. I'm sure the restraints are ok if one rides defensively, which I know I have to do when on Maverick to avoid a couple neck chops. I just love the fact that another Giga was finally built.....10 years was a long wait!

^possibly because MF has no excitement except the first drop and it's not as intense as Intimidator?

I don't think MF lacks excitement. It's a speed machine and there is nothing there to interupt the speed. I think Intimidator's elements should be more subtle. I think its way too fast and its trying to accomplish a lot of elements at speeds that are too high. If the elements were drawn out a little more then that would be an improvement to me (among some of the other things i mentioned).

It's (MF) a speed machine and there is nothing there to interupt the speed.

Except for the 2-3 airtime-less hills the trains crawl over.

I think its (i305) way too fast

That's why I ride it. To go fast. Isn't that what the ride was built for?

I just think MF is incredibly boring and I305 looks loads better.

MF is incredibly boring and I305 is loads better. Fanboys who use the "its too intense" argument are just proving the fact that MF doesn't have any "intensity" at all.

It's (MF) a speed machine and there is nothing there to interupt the speed.

Except for the 2-3 airtime-less hills the trains crawl over.

I think its (i305) way too fast

That's why I ride it. To go fast. Isn't that what the ride was built for?

I just think MF is incredibly boring and I305 looks loads better.

MF is incredibly boring and I305 is loads better. Fanboys who use the "its too intense" argument are just proving the fact that MF doesn't have any "intensity" at all.

WOW

Can we all just agree that it is a matter of opinion and move on?

Exactly.

This thread gets too combative far too often. Please agree to disagree and move on.

Thank you.

I now return you to this thread, which is already in progress. Personally, I still like I-305, even with the trims.

Edited by cfc

Since there is no measurement stick for excitement, I figured it was known that anyone's statement on excitement would be personal opinion.

and for the record: For me, MF brings no excitement after the first drop!

Edited by larrygator

From Screamscape:

Screamscape sources tell us that new changes are expected to be coming to Intimidator 305 before the end of July… changes for the positive for once it seems. What could it be? I’m guessing that we’ve already had a major hint already in the form of the new restraint system put on display briefly on I-305’s test seat last month, only to vanish into thin air. More as we find out!

Any ideas on what we may see in 2011?

Was reading on kdfansite that some of the folks from GCI were seen in the park recently so could we be looking at a new woodie within the next couple of seasons? If not I'd like some new trains for hurler to see if that'll help make the ride more tolerable granted I think the ride's days are numbered seeing as nobody rides it.