TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^ But as far as most reports from inside the park, there are lines for everything but this ride. That is very interesting to me.

Must be the trims and the false advertising that is turning everyone off.

Most people don't know about the trims and the false advertising.

It bugs me that Millennium Force still has an hour-two hour waits, but I have to remember the duration is double of i305's duration.

People still want to ride this, without a doubt. It's just that it speeds through so many riders per hour. there's not enough time to get a good line going. When I went a while ago, there was no line at all and was a walk on. Then, they closed it for about an hour due to thunderstorms. By the time it opened again, a line for it had stretched all the way passed Flight of Fear...

I don't know really, I seem to just be rambling...

^ But as far as most reports from inside the park, there are lines for everything but this ride. That is very interesting to me.

He was being sarcastic.

^ I have also heard reports that the crew does an excellent job and really hauls A$$, and a full queue is only 45 minutes. Could that be the case instead?

My thought as well. Unlike every other coaster at KD, this one actually has a decent capacity, so the line is likely shorter since it actually moves.

Also, I refuse to believe that Hurler has any sort of line...

dt

He was being sarcastic.

Well that makes much more sense then!

Still, I think my post proves a point that it's not because people are scared of blacking out or whatever.

Yesterday-June 1st
a 305 foot, 94mph giga coaster was cut down to a 79.1mph ride

Today-June 2nd

the new 79.5 speed is making these better.... "

Well, according to Jason, the ride is speeding up everyday! Praise the lawd! In two days we can be above 80!

At this rate it will be well over 100MPH for IntimidaTOUR!

And if that keeps up, by the end of the season it will be going so fast that it will actually open a portal to a new dimension, and alien beings will pour through and feast upon all the enthusiasts apparently gathered around the coaster constantly monitoring it's current speed and engineering flaws.

Well, we can dream this, anyway...

dt

And if that keeps up, by the end of the season it will be going so fast that it will actually open a portal to a new dimension, and alien beings will pour through and feast upon all the enthusiasts apparently gathered around the coaster constantly monitoring it's current speed and engineering flaws.

Can we choose the people whom the aliens feast upon first?

^^^ I am just really impressed that he has it down to the tenth of a mile per hour. Amazing. He deserves a medal or something.

^ I have also heard reports that the crew does an excellent job and really hauls A$$, and a full queue is only 45 minutes. Could that be the case instead?

That is certainly true. When I was there it was a very light day for crowds. I believe I got on the ride about 12 times in 2 hours or so. The longest I had to wait was about 10 trains. However, those 10 trains really seemed to go by very quickly, and that was because the crew was really working hard.

I was just going off of some reports of some regulars to the park that have said they have seen many people at other attractions, and haven't seen much of a line forming for Intimidator. Is it because it is off the beaten path and harder to find? Is it because the capacity of the ride is a line killer? Are they mad at Intamin because of the fraction differential of speed on a daily basis, and are boycotting the ride? I don't really know.

What if the coaster opens a time travel wormhole like in Terminator, and we find out Sandor Kernacs is actually a robot from the future whose goal it is to create design flaws to cause multiple Intamin breakdowns, because at some point in the future all the Intamin coasters turn against us and wipe out the human race.

Dude, the reason everyone is laughing AT you is because you sound like a child over a roller coaster getting slowed down. Seriously, take a step back, think about what exactly you're complaining about, re-evaluate how pathetic it makes you sound and how pathetic it makes your life sound, and then just take a chill pill. You know what I do with coasters I don't like? Yep, you guessed it, I don't ride them. It's a good philosophy, you should try it out. Thousands of people will appreciate the line being that much shorter.

Nobody is calling you right or wrong over your opinion (that's why it's YOUR opinion), we're all just sitting back and enjoying the freak show as you and kdfansite go Chernobyl over the trims.

I have to say that this post does bring up a funny point. What exactly IS OK to complain about? I mean here we have a new for 2010 roller coaster that many were putting close to the top of their lists of favorites if not at the very top. So alterations some find detrimental is not something allowed to post complaint's about...

A good portion of the posts and trip reports on this site are complaining about one thing or another. Whether it be a ride, a park, a manufacturer, or something else. And a lot of it is complaining about the same stuff pretty repetitively. Why make such a big deal about ANY of it? I mean if I really dislike a park I simply stop visiting there. If I really dislike a ride I don't ride it.

I guess I just think its interesting that there seems to be an unwritten rule about what is or isn't OK to complain about. Or maybe if it is written it would be beneficial to have it more widely circulated so more people can stop being "pathetic" and complain about the right things online.

^ My post a couple of pages back answers your question...

And I just want to go on record so that everyone here knows...

When TPR pokes fun at someone, it's not because they have an opinion, it's because of HOW THEY PRESENTED their opinion.

There is a right and a wrong way to do it.

The right way will generate pages of great discussion between members.

The wrong way will generate lots of smililes -

Please try to present your opinions the "right" way.

--Robb "Be a Doright! Not a Dofus!" Alvey

^^ Oh heck - we are an opinionated bunch indeed. It's okay to have a negative opinion of anything you want and to post it in a thread. It's when you approach "meltdown" mode with your opinions that you get poked fun at.

Sweeping statements like "biggest engineering failure" and such. Nothing wrong with having an opinion either way - but when it gets uber-dramatic, people will comment.

David "all in fun" McCollum

and I agree with you about not visiting/riding if you don't like something.

EDIT - Robb got there before me

While I have always been one to encourage more criticism of Theme Parks/Coasters, constructive, well thought out criticism is what is needed. The internet is already plagued with hellholes full of self-entitled enthusiasts who do nothing but display a complete lack of engineering knowledge, marketing expertise, the concept of budgeting, and tact. Of course, blind worship is just as damaging. There needs to be a balance. And a lot of people could really learn some things if they'd sit back and read what people that actually know what they're talking about from years of related experience. There's actually a good number of people here that are more than willing to share their expertise, though some are likely hesitant to do so, given that the ramblings of someone that drew a coaster in a notebook one time are taken as gospel.

Well thought out posts have always been encouraged here, and thoughtful criticism is always welcome. Rabid, frothing at the mouth complaining and spewing of insane conspiracy theories is likely going to get you laughed at. As well it should.

My dumb opinion only. Ice Bat had nothing to do with this...

dt

Fair enough, I understand how such statements with a flare for the dramatic are definitely comment worthy. I was mostly caught by Skycoastin' Steve's post: "Seriously, take a step back, think about what exactly you're complaining about, re-evaluate how pathetic it makes you sound and how pathetic it makes your life sound, and then just take a chill pill." and found that interesting.

As far as the actual ride goes, I personally would like to see a portion of the trims moved to the upward and/or downward side of the second hill, and the majority to the small hill before the "twisties" if any type of changes are to ever be done perhaps during the off-season as unlikely as that may be. That's assuming the first turn isn't the aspect of the ride doing the most damage to the wheels though. I was glad to read Volcano is now filling in the last car once again, as well.

What if the coaster opens a time travel wormhole like in Terminator, and we find out Sandor Kernacs is actually a robot from the future whose goal it is to create design flaws to cause multiple Intamin breakdowns, because at some point in the future all the Intamin coasters turn against us and wipe out the human race.

Maybe we could get Stephen King to write a script and AC/DC to record a soundtrack and have a blockbuster movie made of this.......Oh Sh*t, that story has already been played!

I for one am willing to bet that either 79 -85 - or 90 + mph, this thing is still a sweet ride. To the GP, they see 300 feet and think OMFG!! We as enthusiasts think, "You Bastards!!!! You Killed Trimmy!!! LMAO. And no, I have not rode it yet, hope to get it in here soon though..

"You Bastards!!!! You Killed Trimmy!!!"

I rode 305... allot... today.

Still an amazing ride that nobody should be worrying about.

BTW, I saw a coaster enthusiast today (white male, brown hair, slightly heavy set, green plaid shirts, glasses)

Just wondering if it is any of ya'll...

BTW, I saw a coaster enthusiast today (white male, brown hair, slightly heavy set, green plaid shirts, glasses)

If you yell "IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!" It's ok to shoot at him.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey