TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^^^ Kings Dominion is known for very heavy usage of fog during it's Haunt event, sometimes you can hardly see in front of you it is so thick. When you at the top of the Eiffel Tower and Drop Tower all you see is a heavy blanket of fog settled in the park. So Windseeker should be no different.

As for Elvira's Superstition, I imagine once it leaves, the park will use the Action Theater for a Haunt maze like KI and Carowinds does... They are going to have to find somewhere for the Asylum this year since the Dinostore took over the Grizzly Arcade.

^Because you totally need Fastlane on Grizzly, Hurler, Anaconda, Rebel Yell, or Ricochet I would imagine the big three (Volcano, I305 and Dominator) plus FoF, Crypt, Drop Zone, Windseeker? Backlot? Shockwave? WWC? This is all speculation, I'm just thinking about the most popular rides.

Glad to see they finally released that information. The price is $55 online. Let the fools of the general public pay for this as it would be silly to pay for Fast Lane at KD besides on a day where the park almost hits capacity. As long as you can knock out Volcano in the morning a few times, you can ride all those other rides easily thoughout the day. I was shocked seeing Flying Eagles and Triple Spin on the list as I thought Ricochet and Shockwave would as they suprisingly always has quite a line. The only ride you'll get your bang for your buck everyday is Volcano.

That being said, I would be tempted to buy this though to marathon Intimidator 305 and Volcano all day/night long...

Just so that everyone knows exactly which rides are offered on Fast Lane:

• Dominator
    Drop Tower
    Flight of Fear
    Flying Eagles
    Intimidator 305
    Log Flume
    Backlot Stunt Coaster
    Triple Spin
    Volcano
    Windseeker

http://www.kingsdominion.com/what-s-new/new-fast-lane

I can see the front seat lines on Dominator & I305 becoming the fastlane line for these two rides but why put the system on flat rides like windseeker,DT & triple spin,which generally have a high capacity per cycle just by nature of the design?Looks like I won't be riding BLSC,FOF or V:TBC much if at all this year,I usually skip volcano & FOF but do tend to ride backlot on occasion.

Besides Verbolten, Windseeker and DInosaurs Alive are coming to Virginia this spring! The Coaster Crew got to go out to Kings Dominion yesterday to check up on the progress being made in the park. For more photos visit: http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=1391101425#!/media/set/?set=a.2372205029812.2108608.1391101425&type=3

Kings Dominion's opening day is Good Friday, April 6th!

Seat.jpg.bd40dbef3ee9d09ef99da81792695935.jpg

The seat installation has begun!

Overview.jpg.e2ede146471a2ee05823265c6229ffc3.jpg

The carousel of the ride is just about complete!

Lights.thumb.jpg.e5dc27a4644fda0db759b292c9987a5c.jpg

301' tall!

Dinostore.jpg.12e2d8e342e79705cc68b9bd76ae9182.jpg

The former "Grizzly Arcade" is now the freshly painted "Dinostore"!

Grizzly.thumb.jpg.0b4ffa1c95f775cb52e33b1c9de6137f.jpg

Dinosaurs Alive is located in between Grizzly and Thunder Raceway. During the spring and fall, you'll be able to get some behind-the-scenes shots of Grizzly from within Dinosaurs Alive!

Gate.jpg.24314f27f02c4cc154d3046db82ecc7b.jpg

A dinosaur adverising Dinosaurs Alive will be located outside the park in the entrance plaza this season welcoming guests.

Fountains.jpg.6d9861eb4ede2cca7e06f2537311db64.jpg

The fountains are recieving a fresh coat of paint this offseason. (Notice Windseeker on the right side of the Eiffel Tower, 3 300'+ feet towers!).

I think Cedar Fair is the best thing that has happened to Kings Dominion in a LONG time.. Just look at all of the improvements they have made over the years.. (Dominator, Americana, I-305, new pavement, new paintjobs), and now they are cleaning out and painting the algae filled pool! Nice job Cedar Fair. Hopefully they will paint Anaconda with a fresh coat of paint since that ride looks like an eyesore next to I-305.

Even with limited coaster offerings on Kings Island's Fast Lane, I came away with a very positive impression of it. Sure, I had to suffer through waits for Woodstock Express and Invertigo due to poor planning on my part, but Fast Lane helped make up plenty of time. Hopefully it works equally well at KD!

^Are you referring to the decision not to buy Fast Lane?

I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. I tend to avoid days when KD is going to be super-crowded, and the only line that's a problem is Volcano (always ride that first thing).

Edited by cfc

KD could eliminate the need for a Fast Pass on 305 if they would actually run both trains on weekdays. However, I understand that from a business standpoint, running one train = less staff, less wear and tear, lower maintenance costs, and people will buy Fast Passes. Still, it's annoying as hell when everything in the park except Volcano is a walk on and you still have to wait 20 minutes for 305 when there's a three train wait in the station.

^ I have to definitely agree with you on that one Steve. Running one train on Intimidator 305 is my biggest pet peeve about the park... Seriously, you wait less time for Intimidator 305 on the weekends than you do on the weekdays if they are running one train. They have rarely ran both trains on weekdays as the majority of the time they only run one Monday-Friday...