TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 45: New Zootopia details!

Everything looks amazing! Especially the different beginning to Peter Pan's Flight. I'm so glad they kept the original feel of the ride but added their own spin.

Any news on crowds/wait times etc.. Also interested to see what the food's like, seen a few pictures on twitter but not a lot yet.

^ Do people even read these threads anymore?

I went back three days and didn't see one already posted.

Normally, if it's on the front page, it's already posted.

No Tron videos on front page.

Let's see, TPR main page... Yep. May, 9th

I thought you meant of this thread. I don't go to the TPR main main page very often.

^ Do people even read these threads anymore?

I went back three days and didn't see one already posted.

Normally, if it's on the front page, it's already posted.

No Tron videos on front page.

Let's see, TPR main page... Yep. May, 9th

I thought you meant of this thread. I don't go to the TPR main main page very often.

Stop apologizing; just say your version has "advanced squinching" the first one didn't have.

If you're confused about what's going on in the Pirates of the Caribbean POV, or if you want to know what are the effects used, I made this ride analysis.

Y'ALL BE WARNED: It does contain the word squinching.

Pretty impressive work there! Thanks!

Pirates really is incredibly impressive! I hope Avatar: The Boat really does borrow heavily from this application of the tech. And the non-boat Star Wars land does as well. It does look like the ride system is less on the thrill aspect of things, not a lot of movement with the boats. More of a look at the scenes in pure awe. Amazing stuff for the all ages crowd.

I think I like the rapids area the best, partial to the adventure lands in the stateside parks . But wow at what they did here. Just stunning. The castle area itself is brilliant in execution. The Alice In Wonderland "maze" is a little odd. That is one massive statue of the Queen! I do wonder what is going on with the area near Tron on the ground. Is that meant to be flooded with water someday? Kind of looks like a drainage area or something currently from some of the photos.

I re-uploaded all the POV individually

Thanks very much for that! Much easier to watch. Your analysis of POTC was excellent and explained things very well. I actually went to lunch with someone today and was talking all about SDL, how cool the POVs and pictures looked, but how they did half the stuff in POTC I didn't have a clue. Came home and logged onto TPR and saw your video. A+ job!!!

Edited by TBpony414

Pretty impressive work there! Thanks!

Pirates really is incredibly impressive! I hope Avatar: The Boat really does borrow heavily from this application of the tech. And the non-boat Star Wars land does as well. It does look like the ride system is less on the thrill aspect of things, not a lot of movement with the boats. More of a look at the scenes in pure awe. Amazing stuff for the all ages crowd.

I think I like the rapids area the best, partial to the adventure lands in the stateside parks . But wow at what they did here. Just stunning. The castle area itself is brilliant in execution. The Alice In Wonderland "maze" is a little odd. That is one massive statue of the Queen! I do wonder what is going on with the area near Tron on the ground. Is that meant to be flooded with water someday? Kind of looks like a drainage area or something currently from some of the photos.

Here is a video that provides more of the Alice in Wonderland maze - and I like it better than I did initially. It especially looks good at night. I think, if well maintained, it will be a nice diversion from the fast pace of the rest of the park... and I love its placement right below the castle - makes for stunning shots!

Here is a video that provides more of the Alice in Wonderland maze - and I like it better than I did initially. It especially looks good at night. I think, if well maintained, it will be a nice diversion from the fast pace of the rest of the park... and I love its placement right below the castle - makes for stunning shots!

The Roaring Rapids mountain actually looks pretty intimidating from the walkway they're approaching it from. Like how Everest looks at a distance.

Speaking of which are Roaring Rapids and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train not part of the preview days cause I haven't seen any POV of either yet.

The Roaring Rapids mountain actually looks pretty intimidating from the walkway they're approaching it from. Like how Everest looks at a distance.

Speaking of which are Roaring Rapids and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train not part of the preview days cause I haven't seen any POV of either yet.

Here is a (quite poor) POV of Seven Dwarves Mine Train - which now appears to be open. You'll see a difference in the final show scene (cottage in the distance... no animatronics/dancing/queen... pop up animals instead):

I have not seen anything on Roaring Rapids yet. I see it testing in overhead videos/pictures... but no reported rides in previews yet. Hopefully the giant animatronic is working ok!

^Aside from the pop-up animals and the Dwarfs singing in Chinese, it's very much like the Florida version.

Agreed... I think it's a great little ride, and an awesome addition to the opening arsenal of rides for the park (esp. since they needed an all-ages coaster since TRON has a higher height limit). I think WDW was able to re-use the characters from SW's Scary Adventure for that final show scene - so perhaps the slight change for SDL was because they wanted to keep WDW's unique that way...?

^ Or, they didn't want to make a whole bunch of new AAs that looked like the old AAs.

(EDIT: Actually, I don't think they were AAs at all. Static figures that were 'moved' around, etc.)

Would have been cool if they did still have the finale scene there. But the seeing of the cottage

in the distance, is a nice touch.

Edited by Nrthwnd

One of my friends went to the soft opening and she said the toy story hotel is excellent but the SHDL hotel isn't as impressive.

Also, people run to TRON like there's a surprise Justin Bieber concert. Definitely looks like the morning run at Tokyo Disney.

Edited by gerstlaueringvar