TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2010 Trips Questionnaire - PLEASE FILL THIS OUT!!!

It's a total toss-up between North-East and Intimidator for me. All would be "new to me parks".

Wife get's to go to HI in January with Mom, I get to do TPR trip with boy in August.

Which one we choose will depend on dates and when school starts (seems to be getting earlier every year so that may leave us out for Intimidator).

For the NorthEast, where is the start point? (I hadn't seen that one yet).

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North East USA!!!! What a line up of parks!!

This trip looks amazing! I'd want to send in a deposit right now

TPR trips are like nothing else. CRAZYYY stuff happens that might even be too crazy for TPR! You're a fool not to go on a trip. Texas was an amazing experience, I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Hey isn't the drinking age 19 in Canada?

-Jizz Man

That is unless I somehow manage to get a job straight out of college and won't let me take off a few days for the trip.

Usually, the best way to handle that is to negotiate that up front. If you get a job offer, you can say "I have this vacation that I've already booked for July. Is that OK?" This method works pretty well. Though you might have to take it as unpaid time since you haven't accrued vacation time yet.

What you want to avoid is mentioning the trip before you get an offer (i.e. interview process) or after you've already started working. Both of those methods are not good.

What you want to avoid is mentioning the trip before you get an offer (i.e. interview process) or after you've already started working. Both of those methods are not good.

Well if they specifically ask you "are you commited to anything in the next three months?" or whatever, don't lie either

If the Intimidator trip is picked. There could be something like Intimidation Day, Intimidation 305 Day, kind of like Termination Day...

Just a thought...

Wow! Thank you for that insight! We probably would have never come up with that idea on our own!

/end sarcasm

--Robb

If anyone has any specific questions that have not been answered in this thread please email me directly as that's your best bet for getting a quick answer back!

I have been emailing back everyone who submitted their questionnaires if they had a question...so make sure to check your email too!

I can tell you right now that UK, Europe, and Middle America are all definites right now based on poll numbers. Also, make sure you are saving money and ready to put a deposit in because these trips all already have more people interested than spots available.

Looks like it will come down to North East OR Intimidator so if one of those was your top choice, be ready with a backup plan.

One final thing, we are considering doing an Orlando/Tampa Florida trip next October. This would be a very small trip and may even be limited to people who have done a previous TPR Trip. It would be very similar to our past private October Orlando trips which you can find TR's about on the website.

As always, any trip related questions, comments, concerns, just contact me!

--Elissa

Well, that would be cool to have a Kings Dominion bash out here.

Guys,

Please.

No more "wouldn't it be cool if you had a bash at X park..." posts.

If we could have a bash at every park we visited, we would. Logistically we can only pull off a couple of them per year.

Trust me, we *know* the parks that would make for good bashes, we don't need to be told.

So please....PLEASE keep this thread on topic about the TRIPS that we are planning for next year. Leave the single-day events up to us.

Thank you for your understanding!

--Robb

One final thing, we are considering doing an Orlando/Tampa Florida trip next October.

Yay, I hope that pans out. I'm missing a lot of Florida credits, and the parks I have visited I'd like to go to again.

I'd absolutely love to do the UK Tour, but it's looking like it won't work out with my schedule. Maybe I can make it when you go again in 5 years or so. Most of the remaining trips look cool, but again they either don't mesh with my schedule, or they include a lot of parks that I've already visited (though I'd still be seeing quite a lot of new stuff on any of them). As such, I voted for the North East Tour, since I've only been to a couple of the smaller parks there (and it's been a long time), and I could almost certainly fit it in my schedule. Plus, I've been dying to ride their former S:ROS, and I'd like to see if Boulderdash is still my #1 wooden coaster.

It is either North Eastern or Intimidator tour for me. I really want to go on a TPR a trip bad and the prices for these two trips aren't that bad. I want to ride Bizzaro and Boulderdash so bad. I really want to go on the Intimidator trip though, those rides are going to be amazing!

^LOL, I actually looked into this a bit.

There are only two days of Quarter Final matches going on during the Europe Trip and they are Friday and Saturday 4pm and 8:30pm. (Same Time Zone as Europe) And those days we should definitely be back to the hotel bar by 8:30 for the one match and the 4pm one will have to be watched on iPhones or at parks!

For the group matches during the UK Trip we'll just have to wait and see who ends up in which groups and who plays when, but we can definitely try to keep everyone football happy!

During the 2006 UK Trip the World Cup was also starting up and it was great fun! Added some atmosphere and excitement to everything!

For us Americans it's definitely an interesting thing to take part in since Soccer is still so unpopular here!