TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New 2010 rollercoaster for Six Flags La Ronde?

Hi !

The rumors were true, we are getting the used Vekoma SLC from Astroworld for 2010 ! This is really strange since La Ronde already has a B&M inverted, Le Vampire.

I hope they bought new trains with the new lapbar style restraints.

More pictures from Thrillzone La Ronde forum :

thrillzone.invisionplus.net/?mforum=thrillzone&showtopic=931&st=150entry17401

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we sure this ride is being built? Theres been a few times where rides have been sent to other parks for storage (such as Batman being sent to Darien Lake). I just cant see this happening, why build a crappy invert when theres an awesome invert in the same park.

If it is built though I might actually have to consider believing the Chang rumor

EDIT nevermind I see that its been painted. Sucks for you guys!

If y'all will notice you can see that the track and supports have been painted. SF is also copying CF's trademarked red track and yellow supports... someone call Mr. Kinzel I think we have a lawsuit on our hands.

(From RCDB) when it was at Great Escape. Notice how it looks crummy and the supports are blue.

Maybe the B&M is going for a ride to another Six Flags park. There've been several relocated, so why not one more?

With some Six Flags parks "trading" coasters, it's made me wonder which ride at SFMM will be traded for another? Is it possible that Scream! was put in the parking lot with no theming to make it convenient for dismantling and relocating...?

Eric

Maybe the B&M is going for a ride to another Six Flags park. There've been several relocated, so why not one more?

With some Six Flags parks "trading" coasters, it's made me wonder which ride at SFMM will be traded for another? Is it possible that Scream! was put in the parking lot with no theming to make it convenient for dismantling and relocating...?

Eric

Perhaps they're facing noise concerns as a reason to remove the ride? There's no marketing value in installing an SLC at a park that has a B&M invert as they're both the same basic type of ride experience.

That ranks right up there in stupidity with the whole removing chang to send of to SFGRAM rumor when they already have a standup coaster there.

Perhaps they're facing noise concerns as a reason to remove the ride? There's no marketing value in installing an SLC at a park that has a B&M invert as they're both the same basic type of ride experience.

That ranks right up there in stupidity with the whole removing chang to send of to SFGRAM rumor when they already have a standup coaster there.

I would sooner get Chang than a SLC any day. Just about all B&M's (other than Iron Wolf) are better than a SLC.

I have questioned sf decisions since the new head man got there. I didn't see any sense in a few things like putting the same ride in 2 parks that are 200 miles apart. I hated that ride when it first came to Astroworld. Not really hated just thought it was a waste of money. Then I started seeing it in half of the parks. six flags has become boring when it comes to ride selections. most of their rides seem generic.