TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CARS! The Car Super Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

Last year when we rented a car in Italy, I had the choice between a Smart ForFour and and a Smart ForTwo.

We have chosen a ForFour and I like to drive the Smart.

In 6 weeks , we have again rented at car and this time I will take the ForTwo. It must be an experience to drive such a small car and it will be very handy to park the car.

Smart ForTwo

lol, I just read on CNN Money that the FourTwo only gets 36mpg... my old Saturn can get that, and it doesn't require premium fuel! Great buy

I just filled up and got 40 mpg. It varies anywhere from 36-40+.IMO, the smart is a lot nicer than most Saturns anyways.

Smart ForTwo

lol, I just read on CNN Money that the FourTwo only gets 36mpg... my old Saturn can get that, and it doesn't require premium fuel! Great buy

I just filled up and got 40 mpg. It varies anywhere from 36-40+.IMO, the smart is a lot nicer than most Saturns anyways.

Plus you only have an 8 gallon tank. Im sure the Saturn's have atleast 14 gallon tanks, less time between fillups.

Even my 20 year old car gets 25 on the highway at 3.5k rpm and its no TWO banger like the Smart. That and it actually goes 70mph!

So i went on a trip with a bunch of friends up to sacramento, and i came back home to this...

My parents may be jerks most of the time, but they know how to spoil me.

It really is the most perfectest car for me, though. Good gas mileage, can haul four people, and its pretty damn quick and fun to drive (I have the S version)

I drive a p.o.s!! It's a 1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport. It needs work, such as a new front end and suspension system, the tie rods are bad and it makes a loud popping noise everytime the steering wheel is turned.

I just need money so i can fix it up. . . But i've been driving it for a year and a half now. My brother and i are going to put a six inch lift kit on it, since the suspension needs to be overhauled anyways.

I'm debating whether i should put the money into it, or buy a newer car. I love to travel and take road trips a lot, so maybe a newer car would be a much better choice.

Heres more pictures of my baby, still haven't decided if/what I'm going to name him yet. Any suggestions?

CIMG0721.jpg.8e2efd5ec7ed891c09f5848332c0660a.jpg

Full shot, this thing looks so tiny in the garage where I'm temporarily keeping it. My moms car is usually in there and takes up most of the space, now there's a good 4 ft between the back of the car and the garage door.

CIMG0719.jpg.59e0b6a4ba0a1d74cba689a212fe5d39.jpg

Too bad the front logo was missing when I got it, hopefully I'll get that fixed soon.

CIMG0718.jpg.819aef1e61a9db4d63163de96282f05e.jpg

He got a bath yesterday, and stayed fairly clean!

SS or LT?

I have also came to the conclusion that Chevy couldn't a good engine that wouldn't have issues for a while, don't know how true that it is now. I had to replace my lower intake manifold gaskett again and now the engine makes a sound like a piston slap or something. I have payments till Dec. of 09, but I think if I take my tax refund next year, I can pay it off. After that, I am done with Chevy's, unless I can afford a used c5 or c6 Corvette someday.

I have decided on two choices for a replacement next year. Any newer Subaru, but prefer a Forrester. Or a Pontiac Vibe, American Name. Toyota 1.8 4 cyc. engine. It is a Matrix Clone. 25 mpg in the city and 35 on the highway. Plus, I found a turbo kit for it on ebay, lol.

LT. I can barely afford the insurance on that, I can't imagine how bad it'd be with the SS.

As for engine problems...we've had Chevy all my life, never had any problems too big that I can recall.

On my car.

Lower intake manifold gasket in 2006 and 2008. 1100 dollars total repair. I take care of my car, changed the oil every 3k with regular oil and 5k with full synthetic. Then I replaced my wheel hubs because the bearings went and so did the abs sensor. 100 dollars each. Brakes are way underpowered, if I got bigger wheels, I could get Corvette calipers.

On friends cars, engines blown, lim gasketts go bad, wheel hubs go bad, and head gasketts go. I plan on staying away Chevy's 3.1 and 3.4's from now on if I ever get another chevy. I do want a Malibu Maxx SS though, if I ever do get another malibu.

And my insurance was bad till last year and now I think I can afford quite a bit more, turning 25 will do that.