TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Not enough trash cans? Man, they really have changed from a Six Flags park

I agree, Darien Lake really needs more trash cans, and recycling bins for water and soda pop bottles.

Didn't Darien Lake had more trash cans when Six Flags owned it?

I would also appreciate some recycling bin style things in this park (Cedar Point has them, just saying). I hate throwing away perfectly recyclable bottles and cans! Besides, cant the park make some money off of the bottle returns anyways?

So I went to a concert (ZZ Top) last night and I spotted the Ranger all alone waiting to be scrapped . Damn it still looks super cool. When I drove in my truck I swear I saw the UFO behind it but it was hard to tell.

UFO is in the lay-down yard as well. The trains for Batman I believe are still back there along with parts for Crazy Quilt and a few other rides.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So I went to a concert (ZZ Top) last night and I spotted the Ranger all alone waiting to be scrapped . Damn it still looks super cool. When I drove in my truck I swear I saw the UFO behind it but it was hard to tell.

UFO is in the lay-down yard as well. The trains for Batman I believe are still back there along with parts for Crazy Quilt and a few other rides.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If any ride made a comeback I wish it were the Crazy Quilt.

Any insight into why they hang onto these things Doug? We also found a certain former slide complex in a graveyard on Google Maps.

Edited by Tackleberry

I don't know why Darien Lake is holding on to parts of their old rides like Ranger, UFO, Crazy Quilt, and 'Cuda Falls?

They can't really use them for Halloween props since they no longer do a Halloween event or even reset them up.

I don't know why Darien Lake is holding on to parts of their old rides like Ranger, UFO, Crazy Quilt, and 'Cuda Falls?

They can't really use them for Halloween props since they no longer do a Halloween event or even reset them up.

I didnt ask you...

IMG_4859.GIF.08673ab2b5b68445da47683b4600bc86.GIF

In that fenced in area with ranger there is also the body pieces of ROS's blue train, old blue train I guess since it's running a blue train now. All the body pieces that cover the frame are sitting on shelves back there, but I wasn't able to get any photos, next time I'm out there I'll try.

^ CUDA! CUDA! CUDA!!!!

By the way, based on the ridiculous amount of complaining I really expected it to be an eyesore when we visited the park but you'd never even realize that plot of land unless you were on the ferris wheel. If this park ever comes into some money or gets an owner who wants to dump some money into the place it would be a great spot for a coaster but until then there's no harm in leaving it vacant.

^ CUDA! CUDA! CUDA!!!!

By the way, based on the ridiculous amount of complaining I really expected it to be an eyesore when we visited the park but you'd never even realize that plot of land unless you were on the ferris wheel. If this park ever comes into some money or gets an owner who wants to dump some money into the place it would be a great spot for a coaster but until then there's no harm in leaving it vacant.

I agree...I had to look for it on the ferris wheel, but never really noticed it from the ground level.

I went to the park Wednesday night and Silver Bulet was still down. And by the way, the park was pretty busy Wednesday. My son is 6 and is not tall enough yet for the coasters, but most flats were about 3-4 cycle waits. That is the longest I have seen in two years.

Yes the old cuda site is really only noticed from the ferris wheel. I do hope they use that area for a good coaster in the future. However, next year I really would like to see a good new flat ride to go with a new train for one of the coasters.

Also, has anyone noticed that ME looks to be going up the lift a bit slower than usual? I am wondering if it is having a similar problem as Boomerang with the hydraulics that run the lift.

^ & ^^ that's not entirely true. You can see the plot from Shipwreak Falls' queue, parts of Thunder Rapids, the slingshot, and actually also from the base of the hill itself where that fence is. However, for the GP (and apparently also enthusiasts), if you aren't looking for it, I agree it can be easy to miss, but not impossible

An in park update: at around 4:10 PM, All major attractions within Darien Lake have been shut down. American Rock, lasso, and the 3 point shootout, are the only things besides restraints I've seen running. I have no clue why, I'll be investigating after the show ends. I hope all is well...

EDIT: as of 5:00 the rides were mostly back up and running, several are still testing. Viper already has a full station. I've been here 11 times this season and have yet to see something like this happen aside from the occasional closure due to weather.