TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

• 2 weeks later...

Went to bgw Friday for the first time. Tempesto was down almost all day, didn't get to ride it. Got in line twice, but it kept closing. Bummer, Tempesto was the reason I chose to do bgw over Dollywood.

Had a good time otherwise, lochness monster really took us by surprise. The other coasters were just what I expected, nothing too interesting. Curse of darkastle was great too.

The food was pretty good and the show at festhause was good.

Nice park, too much walking, not enough to do. Left the park feeling the same as I did when I visited bgt. May return some day, but I'm in no rush to return.

Went to bgw Friday for the first time. Tempesto was down almost all day, didn't get to ride it. Got in line twice, but it kept closing. Bummer, Tempesto was the reason I chose to do bgw over Dollywood.

Had a good time otherwise, lochness monster really took us by surprise. The other coasters were just what I expected, nothing too interesting. Curse of darkastle was great too.

The food was pretty good and the show at festhause was good.

Nice park, too much walking, not enough to do. Left the park feeling the same as I did when I visited bgt. May return some day, but I'm in no rush to return.

That's amazing to hear another view, as we were there two full days, and even went back a 3rd day to pick up some re-rides and see the last show we wanted to see.

there's plenty to do at BGW for us, so it's surprising to see someone disappointed.

Gryffon didn't blow you away?

Yeah I regret not going in the morning when I knew it was running. We decided to do the park counter clockwise. By the time we got there it was down. Did Apollo and it got back up, got in line, went down. Ate, got back up, got in line, went down again. Checked again twice that night and I'm not sure it even got back up after that. Oh well. I was there from 10-9.

I had already ridden Sheikra, I knew what to expect out of Griffon. Fun ride, not a favorite of mine.

I'm planning on going one week from today, any tips on which order to go through the coasters and what to eat?

Get there early and ride Tempesto first; then the rest of the day should be pretty easy. I usually ride Apollo's Chariot after Tempesto, then head for Verbolten and work my way around.

As for food, it depends on what you like. I think the best items at the park's main restaurants are the cannelloni at the Italian restaurant, the sausage sampler or roast chicken in the Festhaus, and the brisket at the Smokehouse.

Edited by cfc

I'm planning on going one week from today, any tips on which order to go through the coasters and what to eat?

Get there early and ride Tempesto first; then the rest of the day should be pretty easy. I usually ride Apollo's Chariot after Tempesto, then head for Verbolten and work my way around.

As for food, it depends on what you like. I think the best items at the park's main restaurants are the cannelloni at the Italian restaurant, the sausage sampler or roast chicken in the Festhaus, and the brisket at the Smokehouse.

Thank You! I'll make sure to get to tempesto right away then

The Sausage Sampler at Festhaus is the best bang for your buck IMO.

The Sausage Sampler at Festhaus is the best bang for a buck IMO.

I'm sorry, couldn't help myself!

I went to the park last week and all I can say is it is amazing. Every ride was great and operations were really smooth. Verbolten completely blew me out of the water, it was probably my favorite ride there. The first drop of Griffon is also insane as well. Hoping to go back again sometime soon!

Can we all agree that Darkastle is an amazing ride?

I road it for the first time 2 weeks ago, I'm unsure if I found it amazing but it is very smooth. The transitions in Curse of Darkastle are far superior than Spider-Man or Transformers at Universal. Darkastle could of used some more practical sets and effects but I liked it. Refreshing in today's theme park world for a dark ride attraction to be an original story.