TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

^I'm not entirely sure either, but I think he's referring to the maximum height a coaster can be before it "intrudes" on a neighborhood, such as Kingsmill. James City County does have height limits for structures (60 feet, I think), and BGW often has to obtain waivers before any project can begin. They had to do this for Verbolten.

The tallest structure in the park is Mach Tower (240 feet).

We (the moderating team) are currently in the process of consolidating all relevant threads into each individual park discussion thread. This should make it easy to find any past info about the park as it will all be in one place now.

Edited by ernierocker

Sorry, I have been away. Actually when I first saw the footers at the final drop all I could think of was, "They built giant blocks of concrete on top of small blocks of concrete. They really want this thing to last forever."

For those who are interested in the Christmas Town Employment Process, and for those I have neglected to respond to:

As for Christmas Town employing goes. All the regular employees are there by volunteering. During August/September time they have forms in place so that any employee who wishes to continue work for Christmas Town, can continue. The neat thing about this is, when they go to volunteer to continue to work, they can choose almost any job in the park they want to do. During November, if you choose a different department, they will do a quick training for you. They never hire new people just for Christmas Town to my knowledge. Other than maybe performers might be new hires, but that is it. However, when I say volunteer I mean, they volunteer to continue to work for that job's pay rate. So they still get paid what they usually do during Christmas Town, but they get the option to stay on or quit if they want to.

Anyways, I think they will do more with the building, as far as outside scenery goes. After all, they did build on to the little plywood stand-up buildings they had for BBW when the back became visible to the public. Although I must say, I am very upset with the lack of theme put into the sides of Curse of DarKastle. Although construction seems to be going swimmingly for now *knocks on wood*.

^The park implied that this was the plan from the beginning by stating that Verbolten would "follow" BBW's old route. It'll be nice to see a coaster dropping toward the Rhine River again.

Edited by cfc

Having thought little of both IJ:ST and C'Hunt, the German-themed lovechild of the two isn't one that would bring me back to Williamsburg by itself. Luckily, the variety and quality already at BGW are (enough to bring me back), which is a good thing, because I haven't been since shortly after Griffon.

I like that it'll have the drop into the Rhine though... :shrugs:

Well I was reading up on some rumors and had a few edited screen shots lying around. Here is what might come within the next few years. If anyone would like to correct some of the drawing so that a more accurate drawing can be done, let me know. I can try to draw it more realistic in a way.

555326101_ExpansionResortTrainStationandAmpitheater1.thumb.png.6c76860bfbc86c634c6ba8674880add2.png

This is basically all the rumors I heard wrapped up into a neat photo.

751004099_BGWCurrentRumoredandPossibleExpansionareaswithpaths.jpg.d81f5a58c8af33cedb0be87a6f260da9.jpg

This is a more general picture (sorta) of what the last one was.

1226100656_PropertyLinesand2011toFutureExpansionAreas.jpg.2620f906d22f52775489b7a67f865d0e.jpg

Here is just basically property lines and general areas of what we can see going on.

Atleast that bright orange VW bug will go with all the bright colors that they recently splattered all over OctoberFest...

I actually love the old luggage, televisions, and antique theme that they are going for in the queue and station, but I'm still a bit puzzled about how a random broken bridge is going to look.

I can't quite get a handle on the themeing here--looks like a lost-and-found office for luggage.

The station is supposed to be a tourist center, so I would assume it has to do with travel.

And all this time I was hoping that we'd see the first coaster themed to a luggage shop.

All kidding aside, it looks like Busch is pulling out the stops to theme this ride, which is good to see.

Not sure if we can expect Disney quality, as Disney has a huge network of artists, animators, designers, ect. at their Disposal. Disney is a huge mega corporation that owns everything, they are on a whole different level IMO.

I do think that this will be a very extensively themed ride. I don't think it will be as seamless as Disney's themes however.

^If the official Busch Gardens Williamsburg Youtube account pulled their own video, I suspect they weren't quite ready for it to be out there--or at least they had a reason to pull it. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt that they had their reasons, and respect the decision to pull the video. I'd guess they'll put it back up when they are ready!