TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I wonder what we can expect from Verbolten intensity wise. Right now it looks as if it could be very intense (but not Intimidator 305 intense ).

I'm prepared for enthusiasts to bitch about it not being intense enough just like they did with Cheetah Hunt, because that's what enthusiasts do.

I wonder what we can expect from Verbolten intensity wise. Right now it looks as if it could be very intense (but not Intimidator 305 intense ).

Those turns actually look very tight within the show building. Considering how fast another version of this same coaster model travels around corners, this could be a surprise. Then again, they may just want to slow it down to the point where you are focusing more on the FX than the coaster itself. I hope that they give you more than just a split second to enjoy the interior. Besides, launches tend to be one of the more intense coaster experiences and this one already has two. Not bad for a family coaster.

As for the interior, I imagine that the walls showing in the concept art will probably be either backdrops within the building, barriers between scenes, or both. Either way, this one is looking good.

I'll definitely check this out for myself this weekend. Verbolten is coming along nicely. I'm glad that BGW is taking a different tack than BGT did with Cheetah Hunt (which is a great ride, by the way). The dark-ride section is intriguing (the track layout looks great).

I agree, I like the idea of the two parks having two totally different coaster experiences. Not that I don't love having SheiKra and Griffon, I just prefer the parks coming up with something a little more than an extra immelmann.

Personally I think Busch shouldve built the first giga diver.

I'm still waiting for a Twist/Dive - a dive coaster where the coaster twists on the drop - that way when you crest the top and are held you are looking at bare ground and not the track ahead of you...

Just wanted to let you all know that we just pushed out 12 pictures of the bridge before Verbolten's drop. LINK REMOVED!. Not all of them are new, but they're all full quality. Enjoy!

PS: Like last time, you don't need to sign up to see them, but if you like them, please consider doing so.

MODERATOR EDIT: We are removing your links because you need 50 posts to post links where the sole purpose is to promote your personal site or blog. The only exception to this is if you get permission from a site administrator which you have not done.

Edited by ernierocker

Could someone explain to me what a drop track is?

A drop track is when the coaster train stops into a MCBR/ block type segment, comes to a complete stop, and the whole track piece drops along with the train. At the bottom of the drop, the track piece reconnects with another track piece and completes the ride.

There is only one other coaster in the world that has a drop track, and that is Th13teen at Alton Towers. There are a couple videos on YouTube that have clear shots (with nightvision, of course) of what goes on in the drop track section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJcGxM7Wb8g

Skip to around 1:40 and you'll see it.

The big difference between Verbolten's drop and Thirteen's drop is that Thirteen's sends the train backwards afterward, while Verbolten will continue forward.

For those of you wondering what an experience on verbolten would be like, here's a video of an existing model:

But the experience on Verbolten will be nothing like that. This is a completely different ride, in every last sense of the word. From the launches to the special effects to the huge drop down to the Rhine. Just because this is another Zierer with similar seats doesn't mean that these rides are going to be similar. At all.

Why cant it me apriil, why cant it be april, why cant it be april!

Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization?

But the experience on Verbolten will be nothing like that. This is a completely different ride, in every last sense of the word. From the launches to the special effects to the huge drop down to the Rhine. Just because this is another Zierer with similar seats doesn't mean that these rides are going to be similar. At all.

On the contrary - that three-rail track is there for a reason. It seems like those turns and spirals in the event building are going to be pretty intense.

Ok, I'm going to stop spamming up this thread now.

^^Oh no, spam away! This is amazing! Can't wait to finally ride this thing next year. And if that uphill launch over an airtime hill is anything like Mummy's...

Actually no don't spam away. As he is making no attempt to be apart of our community here and is only posting to push more traffic to his site. Swiftman, while we appreciate the updates, your manner of doing so frankly sucks. We have enough members here who can gladly provide us with Verbolten construction updates without trying to get hits to other websites.

We have no problem with other sites being linked to Theme Park Review or with BGWfans.com in general. That is not the problem here. The problem is it seems you are trying to take advantage of a "hot topic" so you can promote another website.

-Eric (Site Moderator)

Edited by ernierocker

Why cant it me apriil, why cant it be april, why cant it be april!

Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization? Why can't you use proofread, use spell check, proper punctuation and proper capitalization?

Geesh, sorry.

Geesh, sorry.

He says it because you've been here long enough to know how to properly post, and you've been warned about your posting before. Don't be offended when someone takes notice... Posts like the one Larry quoted are kind of hard to miss.

Geesh, sorry.

He says it because you've been here long enough to know how to properly post, and you've been warned about your posting before. Don't be offended when someone takes notice... Posts like the one Larry quoted are kind of hard to miss.

Agreed. And to T-BONDIcoasterkid, we're all sick of your lack of respect for our posting rules, and we've given you plenty of rope. It's time to lay down the law. Next post you make that sucks - you'll be banned from TPR forever. Got it? Thank you.

--Robb "Just don't make shitty posts - that's not too much to ask!" Alvey

^For sure. This is definitely taking the Zierer family coaster and upping it quite a few notches!

I agree. But I do want to remind everyone that Verboten is still a "family coaster" isn't going to be an "extreme ride" like Griffon or even Alpengeist. It's going to be more like "Expedition Everest." Many people were disappointed in Thirteen and Cheetah Hunt because they were tamer than they were hoping, even though the tamer ride is exactly what the park ordered.

I at least give Busch Gardens Tampa kudos for properly advertizing their coaster as an "extreme family coaster" as I think it perfectly lived up to that description, whereas Alton Towers marketing flat out sucked for Thirteen, making people think it was going to be the most extreme coaster ever created, and it was going to kill anyone over 65 years old if they even stepped foot near it...and we all know the ride was just a roller skater with a drop section.

Seriously, though I think Verbolten is going to be a VERY "fun" ride, and will fit the lack of 48" rides at BGW very well.... but don't expected it to be the next Griffon, Alpengeist, or Apollo.

--Robb