TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mega Dead Celebrity Thread

I was never a fan of Bowie and am surprised so many of my friends in the non-TPR world were fans of Bowie. He's one artist I never recall any of my friends talking about. When you hang out with people for decades you think you know their musical tastes but apparently there were many closet Bowie fans in my circle.

I was never a fan of Bowie and am surprised so many of my friends in the non-TPR world were fans of Bowie. He's one artist I never recall any of my friends talking about. When you hang out with people for decades you think you know their musical tastes but apparently there were many closet Bowie fans in my circle.

I haven't given Bowie much thought since my college days. He was a very talented man, and I used to listen to two of his albums quite a bit: "Diamond Dogs" and "Young Americans." The former is a dystopian, apocalyptic sci-fi concept, while the latter is a "soul" album.

That thing about Bowie is which Bowie are you talking about.

^ So true...you never really knew what you were going to get from one album to the next.

I wasn't what I would consider a huge Bowie fan by any means, but I do have a few of his CD's and certainly appreciated him for the artist that he was. If most of today's Billboard/radio music "stars" had half the talent that he did....I might just go back to buying more music and listening to more radio.

^ Oh noooooooooo.

I loved Rickman in a lot of stuff besides Potter and the Diehard films.

The Star Trek spoof Galaxy Quest was wonderful with him in it...

"By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged."

Rickman was also a coaster fanatic.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/14/alan-rickman-best-quotes

In 1991, Rickman told EW:

“I’m like a child with a new toy. I’d like to take what I can from Hollywood, and whatever it is one wants to do in England, and put them together. I do feel more myself in America. I can regress there, and they have roller-coaster parks. My idea of a real treat is Magic Mountain without standing in line.

Two days gone sine Rene's passing, and now Celine Dion's brother, Daniel, has succumbed to cancer.

It's not fair. For anyone to go through, twice in as short a time as it was.

Unfortunately most of these singers are getting up there in age, and have mainly lived unhealthy lifestyles while younger. I have a bad feeling that we'll be seeing a lot more this year. It's a shame because I can relate to these musicians unlike what we have today. These are people who actually sang and used instruments instead of computerized effects.