TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mega Dead Celebrity Thread

^ That definitely stinks...huge fan of The Doors here.

Just saw this one too - no, not Archie's beloved 'Dingbat'!!!!!

Jean Stapleton, who was the long-suffering Edith Bunker on the landmark television series of the 1970s, "All in the Family," died at 90 of natural causes.

• 2 weeks later...

Jason Leffler, the NASCAR driver has died at the age of 37 way too young. Thoughts & prayers are with the Leffler family.

Jason Leffler, a versatile driver who won championships in open-wheel divisions and attempted at least one full season in each of NASCAR's three national series, died Wednesday night after a crash in a 410 sprint car race at Bridgeport Speedway in New Jersey.

NASCAR confirmed the death in a statement: "NASCAR extends its thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathies to the family of Jason Leffler who passed away earlier this evening. For more than a decade, Jason was a fierce competitor in our sport and he will be missed."

Leffler, 37, was running in second place in the first heat race of the program at the 0.625-mile, high-banked dirt oval when his car flipped several times on the front straightaway, according to eyewitness Chris Taitt, 40, of West Deptford, N.J.

He was transported to Crozer-Chester Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead shortly after 9 p.m., the New Jersey State Police said. Sgt. Adam Grossman said Leffler had to be extricated from the car after striking a wall around 8:30 p.m.

After state police arrived on the scene, the track announced the rest of the races had been canceled.

Leffler made 73 starts in the Sprint Cup Series, finishing last in his final event after completing eight laps Sunday at Pocono Raceway. He won twice in the Nationwide Series and once in the Camping World Truck Series.

The Long Beach, Calif., native, who was affectionately known as "lefTurn" and had the nickname stenciled above his driver's side window, leaves behind a 5-year-old son, Charlie.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/06/bruce-springsteen-honors-james-gandolfini-with-performance-of-born-to-run/

Yesterday, actor James Gandolfini died at the age of 51. He was best known for his role as New Jersey mob boss Tony Soprano, one of the most iconic characters in television history. Tonight, another Jersey institution, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, paid tribute to Gandolfini with a full performance of Born to Run during their concert in Coventry, U.K.

Too bad James wasn't "Born to Run", he may still be here. Too soon?

• 4 weeks later...

Geez.

It was just reported that the actor Cory Monteith who played on the tv show GLEE,

was found dead in his Vancouver hotel room, after it was discovered he hadn't

checked out, that day. Possible cause of death is an overdose of ______________.

And only 31.

Yeah, this was a sad one waking up to. I don't really care or feel bad for him because he was spoiled and killed himself with drugs, I'm more upset for Glee!!! Now they'll have to write him off somehow and it will probably kill the show even more.

A 20 year old german shepherd, named Schoep, passed away a couple of days ago.

His owner took him into a lake every day to ease his arthritis.

Photos and videos of them became viral popular.

And now sweet Schoep is gone - but not forgotten.

RIP Schoep.

(And they were online celebrities, as people sent in over $25,000 for Schoep's medical bills. The owner knew this was way too much money for just one dog, so he set up a fund for dogs and their owners, going through similar medical crap.)

SchoepAndJohn2013.jpg.19609aaacab17c52e9e62f07b7abafa1.jpg

The photo that went viral - Schoep and John in Lake Superior to help ease Schoep's pain.

Dennis Farina dead at 69.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/22/dennis-farina-dead-law-and-order-star-dies-at-69/

Dennis Farina -- who starred as Det. Joe Fontana on "Law & Order" -- died today in Scottsdale, Arizona after suffering a blood clot in his lung. He was 69.

Farina is a Hollywood legend -- who appeared in tons of classic films and TV shows including "Get Shorty," "Snatch" and "Midnight Run." He also appeared in HBO's series "Luck."

^ Farina was one of my all-time favourite character actors.

He could be so dirty and mean in one film - and then be the sweetest guy

(and sometimes funniest) you'd ever want to know, in another.

Good acting with good scripts.

He will be missed.

Kidd Kraddick (of the syndicated morning radio show out of Dallas) has died today.

at a way, way too young 53, after attending his own sponsored charity golf event in New Orleans.

most of the news reports aren't mentioning cause of death, but local reports are saying it was an aneurysm.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/28/showbiz/kidd-kraddick-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

^ Yeah, its a pretty tough loss for DFW. The man was the "Peoples D.J." around here. I bawled my eyes out. We went to the studio and took flowers and paid our resepcts. I have been listening to him for a good part of 20 years. My drives to work will never be the same as I would listen to the morning show on my way into work. Quite an amazing man, not for just the celebrity dj he was for us but what he did for the terminally ill kids. He was kind of like his own Make a Wish for them. Taking 50 familes a year to Disney World. (Kidds Kids) He passed away doing what he loved, playing golf and raising money for his charity. He is gonna be sorely missed. It takes a special man to impact the lives of so many people. People he never met face to face. Many of us feel like we lost a family member. He always ended his morning show with.." Keep looking up, cause thats where it all is."

Sean Sasser (a "celebrity" once removed -- he was the partner of "Real World: San Francisco" star/activist Pedro Zamora, and was on the show with him), has passed.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/08/showbiz/sean-sasser-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

while it is extremely sad that he has passed so quickly (diagnosed with the mesothelioma that killed him just over a month ago), the thing that's even more sad are the hateful, horrible comments in the feedback section of the CNN story.

it's a shame this Country includes people like these commentators.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those outside of SoCal may not know who this is ... but Cal Worthington has pretty much been a Southern California institution for multiple generations.

http://news.yahoo.com/cal-worthington-car-dealer-famed-191341002.html;_ylt=A2KJjanVIC5S5TEAWT7QtDMD

When I was a kid I thought the commercial went "Pussy Cow, Pussy Cow, Pussy Cow".