TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Ummm, do you read the signs outside the entrance to a coaster? You know the one that says not to ride if you have back problems. A ride on Raging Bull might make a back problem worse, it might not. Use your judgment to decide whether or not you can ride. If you do ride though, don't be an @$$ and sue the park for making the injury worse.

Honestly, listen to that^

You know if you have back problems, you should ride coasters.

Yea, those orange markers are for the rumored Hurricane Harbour expansion. I am all for it but they shouldn't use that area for it. That should be theme park land for maybe a new coaster, where else would we get a new coaster without removing coasters?

They could fit a coaster above Iron Wolf where the Wilderness Theater and picnic grove are. I don't think the Wilderness Theater is used much, and the events held there could easily be held in the Southwest Amphitheater. The picnic grove is also really really big, so taking a small part of it out probably wouldn't affect it much.

So has anyone been in the new Cyber Cafe yet? The crepes are probably the best food value in the park. They are $5, and pretty big. I've had them twice, but the most recent time, they didn't have/put in any jelly, so I was able to actually finish it. The cookies are also a good value. The only thing is, the place is pretty small, so it is going to be packed when the crowds pick up.

^ Do you think a Mack mega looper could fit in their? I'm guessing that could be a possibility since our park s having a little love affair with Mack lately;)...

As for the Cyber Cafe It's a nice little place. I would maybe stop in their if i had an important E-mail or something that I knew was coming soon, but I really don't go to the indoors places for food.

Then again I'm a pretty hard core rider and I rarely take breaks.

^Biggest BS I heard about you being a hard core rider. Haha

I once brough my labtop and the Wifi even worked to the Columbia Carasoul. So I thought it was neat.

I think we should get another kids coaster just to have 2. Whizzer and Rajun Cajun are really family, I am talking KidTum's approved coasters. Hehe

With American Eagle racing, there is really no way to do it. You with race down the first part until the giant helix or you race the 2nd half the ride. I have gotten lucky once this year where they were able to make the 2nd half of the ride race. I think that might have been the best ride I've had on AE yet and was quiet enjoyable.

So far this year, I been on the red side on American eagle 21 times and the blue side 3. Out of those 24 times, 3 times had the on the 2nd half, and 12 on the first hill. I prefer racing the 2nd half because it is cooler how they cris cross and they aren't the same hills and stuff. Which I like to see. The beginning is just a matter of mass and speed you got from the first hill..then the braking on the helixes ruin it.

The blue side of American Eagle has been open some of the days that I've gone this year. However, I think one of the trains is in rehab, so it only races 50% of the time when the ride ops are willing to let it. Some of the times, there might be something like a 30 second difference between the times the trains leave the station, but the trains will race again a few trips later. The time difference between when the trains leave the station seems to arise when there are problems with people getting on (trying to bring prizes on), getting off(restraints get stuck every time), and most often both.

Finally^

I was getting worried about it being demolished. It is an original ride from the parks opening in 1976, although not in its original spot. I just hope it is popular enough even though it is hidden in the trees. But that makes the ride cool how it is isolated from the midway.

-Jeremie

^ That would stink if they removed it... Where else would I be able to get such a great view of Whizzer [Yeah I'm obsessed]

As for AE racing. I think all they need to do is get proper breaking at the start of the helix! I mean the train on the outside of the outside of the helix comes to almost a complete stop when the red side just flies trough the helix.

As for one of the sides not being open its usually the red side not open for me. Which sucks because the blue side is crap!

^Same! Right after the helixes, it has a nice sudden drop but if your restraint is right against your leg, it can be painful. But that what makes an old woodie good! I love the shakiness and everything!

When do the concerts start?

Are you talking about that sudden steep drop right after the giant helix at the end?

Yeah, it is still very smooth. However, I think there is a small length of track somewhere in the figure eight finale where there is that B&M rattle. It isn't anywhere near being bad, but just a small "rough" bit. It is still a great ride though.

I agree it still is smooth except for at the base of the of third drop, and the hammerhead into the mid course brake run is the ruff est part of the ride.

This is the biggest reason why the trims are on so hard now. I remember the first couple of years Raging Bull was open, very rarely did they use those trim and if they were on they were very light (not like today).

Raging Bull did live up to the hype in it's early years, and if all the people why dis the ride had the chance to ride it back in it's hay day they would realize that the RB kicked a$$.

All the freeze thaw cycles from the Midwest winters are hard on coasters.

This is the biggest reason why the trims are on so hard now. I remember the first couple of years Raging Bull was open, very rarely did they use those trim and if they were on they were very light (not like today).

For the last time, the trims have always been on. They've not changed they way the actuate, or how hard they brake. It's all computer controlled.

^ Exactly... The only reason the trims don't go off or are barely noticeable is because the ride is not at at speed to trigger them or not needing much slowing down!

Bull dose have two little rough spots... But seriously what do you expect from an aging coaster! (Except Batman that thing surprisingly is still smooth as glass!)

The trims barely due anything. Yea, minusing 2 mph of the overall speed will really ruin the ride. But Batman to me is bumpy. I think it is because of the pressure and it just bangs me everywhere. Same feeling on bull. Iron wolf is because of intamin trains on B&M track. (dont mix )

I think whether or not you're stapled into you're seat on Raging Bull has an effect on one's opinion on the trims. I guess the reason I've liked Raging Bull more the past few seasons is because I haven't been stapled in to my seat as much as previous seasons. Of course, I just like to think the trims are off.

Batman is still a really good ride, but I think there is a rough area in the corkscrews. It is only one area, but I seem to remember hitting my head against the restraint hard every time in the same area.

Speaking of roughness, how have you're experiences on Demon been this year? I've only ridden in the red train this year, and my rides have been great. It doesn't seem to have that painful Arrow reputation.