TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

You can't rely on computer testing. That's more of a guesstimate.

Whatever these guys use to design the ride (software, big graph paper, MS paint, RCT 3, an iPhone app) I am fairly sure that they KNOW their ride is gonna work before physical testing.

If they DID "rely" on computer testing, then the true physical testing wouldn't be necessary.

My original point was that the ride essentially works before it is ever built. Probably a science to these guys at this point. Well, actually, yeah, lots of science going on.

I'm actually interested how the guys from GCI do their designs. I love that stuff.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the reasoning behind testing only at night? I'm curious...

Image what happens when they test run during the day? The GP would be going to the area wanting to ride it. And, perhaps more important, if something goes not as planned, the GP thinks it'll crash or explode or something.

What is the reasoning behind testing only at night? I'm curious...

It probably has more to do with construction workers being all over the ride during the day, putting finishing touches on the exit ramps, pre show buildings, theming e.t.c.

You can not run a coaster with people working all around the ride without putting them in danger, no matter how carefull one might be

You better believe they use computer programs and simulations on the ride to make sure all the forces that could ever occur on the ride are accounted for and the track is supported properly and the forces aren't dangerous for the riders.

We actually DO know this. The original poster was being sarcastic.

--Robb

I think another reason they are probably testing at night only is because of all the work still being done on the ride. Tunnels, Exit Ramps and mostly theming. It take people to do that stuff, and having a coaster screaming around the track when something could get dropped, etc probably isn't the best idea.

The workers probably have the ride during the daylight hours to get stuff done, the testers have it at night. Same thing happens with our company even if it's just for a new computer system. Sucks for the testers, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Glad it's up and testing, can't wait to get on this thing.

I think another reason they are probably testing at night only is because of all the work still being done on the ride. Tunnels, Exit Ramps and mostly theming. It take people to do that stuff, and having a coaster screaming around the track when something could get dropped, etc probably isn't the best idea.

The workers probably have the ride during the daylight hours to get stuff done, the testers have it at night.

This is exactly right.

--Robb

I can't wait to see what time this coaster completes it's cycle in... I looks Batman short, hopefully it will still be Batman awesome! I'm getting really excited about all the tunnels being added to the ride, especially the one directly after the station fly-by. Can't wait to see what effects this wooden coaster will have!

Just had a friend send me this info she heard about on a local LA radio station.

We are the Resistance . . . On Thursday, May 21st we fight back!

SEE it, then RIDE it! Live 105.5 has your tickets to see the new Warner Bros. film "Terminator Salvation", one of the summer’s most anticipated films, on opening day!

Then right after the screening of the new film starring Christian Bale and Sam Worthington . . . face the machines in person on Terminator Salvation: The Ride only at Six Flags Magic Mountain before the ride opens to the public!!!

You'll join Live 105.5 members of the resistance on an exclusive bus trip to experience the new movie on the day it opens! Then you'll be transported to Six Flags Magic Mountain for your final mission! If you dare, climb aboard Terminator Salvation: The Ride, two days before it opens to the public! You’ll be taken on a journey that transports you into a post-apocalyptic future to attempt to save human kind...rise up and face a wooden coaster like no other featuring an eruption of sights, sounds and thrills.

The End Begins! Join us . . . You are the Resistance and we fight back Thursday, May 21st.

The movie is screening will take place in Valencia at 11am and after being bused to ride Terminator Salvation: The Ride

I am going to Media Day next week (apparently writing goofy columns for Entertainment Weekly makes me a "journalist") and I am so excited!

I've never ridden a brand-spanking new woodie before. (Insert joke here.) My co-writers on the show are all making fun of me, since I'm skipping work to nerd out at SFMM. I'm like "It's Terminator, y'all! SUCK IT!"