TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

Thanks for the replies!

And yes the big image is really great, loads of stuff to take a closer look at, great to have in case I forgot anything to report

_koppen, I love Liseberg and also fell in love with Blue Fire on the first ride I had on it on the year it opened, so when Liseberg announced Helix I was in heaven.

Thankfully I live a few km away from the park (32.5 to be exact), but I do wish that I would be living even closer, there are several apartments I know of with great views over the park, I do wish I could live in one of them in the future.

Back to Helix again, I think that the original layout was better, the flow was better than what final one have, but I still believe that Helix will deliver everything we/I expect from it anyway. I'm just happy that they haven't changed what I see as the best bit of the layout (except for the in-line twist that is), the section between the second corkscrew down to the Pretzel will be epic

By the way "Ap0ptosis" I remembered that I had an image I took on a past Helix update visit that I haven't posted here (posted it below), it's of the Lisebergbanan clearance guide, Imagine a tunnel with that shape all around the track which is the safety zone where no objects may interfere with, sure there are a few branches/grass you can reach, but they are not hard objects but there is one tree that feels a bit on the edge though..

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d44143483b99eabf27a9620f1daf3c15.jpg

Standing upside down on the back-side of the Lisebergbanan station.

Back to Helix again, I think that the original layout was better, the flow was better than what final one have, but I still believe that Helix will deliver everything we/I expect from it anyway. I'm just happy that they haven't changed what I see as the best bit of the layout (except for the in-line twist that is), the section between the second corkscrew down to the Pretzel will be epic

I agree that I much preferred the original layout as well, apart from the added corkscrew after the station.

It is no secret, however, that it would have been a disaster to not have a high point after the second launch, both in terms of capacity and a miss-launch.

I think the the section between the second corkscrew down to the Pretzel will be epic as well, but I also really like the flow after that, up until the second launch. Next season can't come soon enough!

^ Yeah I see what you mean, but I think that it could have be done in a better fashion, as long as the top-hat will be as slow like the one on Kanonen then it will work out OK. Since that would kill the pacing completely.

Now onto a Helix progress report.

Helix Blog update - Power + Second launch

These were posted yesterday and today and gives a view from inside the park on the progress of Helix.

The first images shows the installation of the transformer that will convert the 10kV incoming feed to 690 V which the LSM units want. The other 3 shows the second launch from the other angle that I posted yesterday.

Sources:

Ställverk 9 redo för inflyttning

Launch 2 i luften!

In other news then they poured the big slab that will from the bottom of the trough in the station where the track will run, so a big step have been completed in the station area.

Helixlaunch2a.jpg.a31d7edad9e3cab17d8b297521601527.jpg

Second launch in the other direction

Helixlaunch2b.thumb.jpg.702294c9ee8790a5f466e64e905f55cc.jpg

.. it's pretty damn massive

Helixlaunch2c.jpg.b63b33b72b12d347505bae1901a46860.jpg

Doesn't really show the scale from this angle, but..

stallverk1.thumb.jpg.ac3e4c7db2917a85b9e7def37db77070.jpg

Here it comes, all 5 tonnes of it

stallverk4.thumb.jpg.d03c228c561a601b72448a5a4fc5c000.jpg

It's not really that big, I would have expected something larger to handle the massive 1.5 MW that each launch require

Thanks and ^ LOL

As a matter of fact then I got the opportunity to go by the park today as well, but I didn't have the camera with me so no good pictures today, only crappy cellphone ones instead..

Helix + Other Mini update 2013-11-01

They are nearing the first corkscrew with the track so there is a great chance to see it finished by next week, there were also some other track pieces that seems to go at the other end of the first launch so we might actually see both corkscrews up by the end of next week. So soon we might actually see some action on the web cam as well.

Also I forgot some mayor Liseberg news yesterday.

The park got 11.6 acres larger yesterday, since it was the 31:st of October where the park would officially take over the SAAB factory next to the park which have been abandoned for quite some time now. So Liseberg went from an incredibly landlocked park to one with a massive area to expand with loads of great new rides, which is really great news for Liseberg!!

Now onto the pictures I got:

Helix_11_1_01.thumb.jpg.ed3a6f309e6c1764c019d48f228d98a4.jpg

These twisty bit are definitely going in the first corkscrew :)

Helix_11_1_02.thumb.jpg.d7f5c452a05563c023478f90a057086f.jpg

That piece will connect to the first launch and will form the beginning of the second corkscrew

Helix_11_1_03.thumb.jpg.d548b6d61e158bbe8c8db21c12fcd947.jpg

Mmmmm, twisty

Helix_11_1_04.thumb.jpg.d98c4c40ff74a525e980eefc3acbbfaf.jpg

Not a great image, but they are working hard installing track and getting really close to the first corkscrew, at the time of the photo they are just above the tip of the windmill roof

Until next time!!

Loefet - thanks a ton for these pictures and frequent updates... definitely one of my most anticipated for 2014.

I'm surprised that the electronics are there on the launch already - I was always under the impression that stuff was installed after all the metal went up.

^ You are very welcome, I aim to get as many updates as I can.

Helix Blog Update + Soundtrack teaser

Here are some stuff that Liseberg just released of Helix. A bunch of new renderings which shows ho they envision how the ride will look when all the mud is again covered in trees, grass and other plants.

Also thanks to the guys on coasterfriends.de I got a link to a teaser of the Helix soundtrack, it's produced by IMAscore, who also made the soundtrack to the Smiler etc.

But before the images here is the soundtrack teaser:

I have to say that it sound's really good, I can't wait to hear all of it

Sources:

Projekthelix.se - Lera och berg ska bli grönska igen

miljo1.thumb.jpg.6169517a1cd53380b60f41ede9f8a029.jpg

First launch

miljo2.thumb.jpg.c10b237ff0eeca3151b3a42cb80062af.jpg

Station

miljo3.thumb.jpg.5ed8c13c494ef96fe5acedcdc64cf19c.jpg

Down at the bottom of the escalator

miljo4.thumb.jpg.f2b2d890d26433b27bb073f378fb9551.jpg

PRETZEL <3

miljo5.thumb.jpg.88aca85292af55b008ed90ca07ae8021.jpg

Second launch

miljo6.thumb.jpg.1e67d9a53cf2732bd0cdcb7987effd42.jpg

Helix

Edited by Loefet

^^ Thank you!!

Since this is only the second real soundtrack that Liseberg have then I don't know if they will put it on a CD, but who know if this is the future for the rides in the park then we might see one eventually once they get enough of them.

^ You're welcome!!

Not really an update, but Liseberg posted an invite on the blog for behind the scenes tour of Helix on the 12:th. So anyone who have the opportunity to be in Gothenburg that day and is interested then just go to: http://projekthelix.se/nyfiken-pa-helix-irl/ to find out how to sign up (it's in Swedish though so give me a shout if you meed any help signing up).

Oh yes, there will be a massive update for those who cant participate

Helix-kronika.jpg.e01f02aeae9e4c86d844f4dbb6d6ad3d.jpg

Curious on Helix IRL??

Edited by Loefet

Thanks for the comments!!

Before the big update next week here is a little teaser until then:

Helix Update - 2013-11-08

They hadn't done any new track installation this week (except for finishing of the second launch) so that was kind of disappointing, I really hope that they add at least one of the corkscrews until the Helix IRL event. They have on the other hand done a lot to the launches and were adding the catwalks when I went past today. Work on the station have been progressing well and they poured one of the side walls on the station trough earlier today. Really can't wait to see some flooring going in.

Anyway onto the images, phone only today unfortunately but I promise I'll make up for it next week :

Helix_11_2_01.thumb.jpg.b168e9e5506a361fb47326f5523926d0.jpg

Lot's of new track have arrived since last time

Helix_11_2_02.thumb.jpg.9c91d59b79b8a5e4582015c7f90930a5.jpg

The one in the middle is for the entrance to the second launch, you can just make out the cat-walk brackets

Helix_11_2_03.thumb.jpg.252c353f74ee2310007bdcc3a5425618.jpg

The little supports that were present

Helix_11_2_04.thumb.jpg.3316bab19dbfc49266c86dc260a9fe38.jpg

Loads of twisty goodness, corkscrews most deffiniately

Helix_11_2_05.thumb.jpg.d0781c782a4fddf36c3fd67824d72a8b.jpg

Some numbered supports, Judging by the numbers then these will go somewhere around the second launch I reckon

Helix_11_2_06.thumb.jpg.eb093f28bfa34e180fe0c28cb198ecc7.jpg

Really twisty stuff

Helix_11_2_07.thumb.jpg.cb5cc4482e4163df4964ef5c2726cf65.jpg

The whole second launch is now in place

Helix_11_2_08.thumb.jpg.9bc1a974cf25501aa9c3a186430ec26f.jpg

They have added a few supports here so I guess that the track may arrive shortly

We'll see what's in place early next week, until then have a great weekend!!