TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Make a noob happy!!

Hi, my name's Ben, I'm a So. Cal music student and though I've always loved coasters, I must admit that my obsession has only recently taken hold. I'm trying to make an accurate list of my credits, and I'm hoping one of youse guys (I mispelled "youse" on purpose because I like to talk like a construction worker) will tell me that the 2 tracks on the Matterhorn at DL are worth 2 credits, because...if thats the case, then I've actually got 42 credits! And while you're at it, which track do you like more? I enjoy the sudden drop near the end of the right track (track B?), though I think the other track is a little longer. That being said, I'd much rather be riding X2 at SFMM, or Thunderhead at Dollywood. This is the greatest website of all time! Robb and Elissa, youse guys did this to me!! Matterhorn...2 credits...anyone?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have had countless threads about what is and isn't a coaster or how many credits something should be.

The rule is....there are no rules.

You can count whatever you want and the only people you have to convince about it are the other coaster geeks who will argue with you.

As long as you've got that covered, you can count free falls, dark rides, or like Jeff Johnson, Wacky Soap Box Racers at 8.

--Robb

I don't argue with anyone about coaster credits. I just say one to each one then put the noise-reduction earphones in my ears to drown out the subsequent discussion.

If you put any more thought into it, I got a few volunteer shifts you can work during to really put things in perspective.

Terry "Been on quite a few coasters but don't care to know the count" Weaver

Doesn't matter if the tracks aren't identical - new track = new credit in my book! (That includes Superman Escape - to make it easier for you to remember just write down Superman Escape Left and Superman Escape Right - same goes for all racing wooden coasters...)

Powered coasters are acceptable since almost everyone would count an LIM or LSM coaster, even Intamin Half Pipes. Also, Zamperla Diskos are credits IMO, as are log flumes.

So, basically count everything. And when, like me, you live at the very bottom of the world where coasters are few and far between you NEED to!

See, the way I figure it: Since all Boomerangs are basically the same, and I've been on one, then I actually get 58 credits for that one ride. Of course, I've actually been on more than one, so....

In all seriousness, it's all meaningless anyway. I mean, who really cares how many wacky worms you've been on, other than you?

So what your saying is..

Expedition Everest is 3 credits? 2 switches, creating 3 separate sections… Actually 2 credits, first and last sections are connected, well unless you actually count the transfer switch track which then would create 4 credits for separate sections. (2 switches, 2 track sections)

Or how about 3 credits for Raptor? 1 for course, 1 for transfer, 1 for roll into storage?

Mummy ...

Sorry couldn’t resist j/k.

I agree hey with whatever makes you happy concept.

I never counted, but if I did I would base my counts on name unless the coaster had separated multi courses with separate names, aka Gwazi = Lion & Tiger, or color call outs, etc. Now saying that Racer at Kennywood I would consider as 1 coaster since it’s continuous. Boomerang, and inverted boomerang = 1 each period. Coasters identical clone “Batmans” = 1. (Elevation changes can make them different but thats digging.)

Carney coasters with different names, same design = 1. Unless one version was really rusted out and held together by duck tape and chewing gum that’s an easy 5 credits for shear balls.

^I see your point, but a different ride is a different ride. If you rode both tracks on the Matterhorn (and were counting credits), you'd call it one credit, right? What if you only rode track A? Would you count it as half a credit? That just gets cumbersome. As you mentioned, however, you actually wouldn't count in the first place, which may be best.