TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

^ Disaster Transport did suck to lose, I'll give you that. SoB and go karts, though, nobody misses. Unless you're into BDSM.

SoB was a 3 minute car accident. Bad choice Paramount!

I'm just wondering why of all manufacturers Paramount went with RCCA for the ride. Were they the only ones that took up the risk to do SOB?

^ Disaster Transport did suck to lose, I'll give you that. SoB and go karts, though, nobody misses. Unless you're into BDSM.

The best part of Disaster Transport was the air conditioning, I'm not that sad to see it gone. Plus I've always seen Windseeker as the replacement for Space Spiral.

^^ Regardless of how cheesy Disaster Transport was, it's always sad to lose a toboggan coaster, especially the single car model like DT was.

As for Windseeker, it'd be a good replacement if they went with a manufacturer that can produce dependable rides (Funtime StarFlyer).

I'm just wondering why of all manufacturers Paramount went with RCCA for the ride. Were they the only ones that took up the risk to do SOB?

RCCA wanted to do it themselves. I don't know why, though. I remember CCI had a project with Kings Island, but they went bankrupt and that never happened.

Here is the post.
#SFFT2015 Closing Alert! Just learned something else is going away FOREVER! No one saw this coming, shocker. @TexasThrills @screamscape

There goes hustler.

I'm still wondering how drastic all these changes are gonna be. I guess 11 more days and we'll know for sure. So for now we know Motorama is out, Hustler is out (probably), and some changes to the store fronts etc. Still thinking 4D but not sure whatelse.

Crazy thing is I don't recall them making sucks huge deal with iRat as they're doing with #SFFT2015. I was in San Antonio for the weekend and was gonna hit the park on Saturday for a few hours to check things out but when I saw the parking lot about 3/4 full I decided against that. I was at least able to see the yellow balloon flying high in Rockville.

RCCA wanted to do it themselves. I don't know why, though. I remember CCI had a project with Kings Island, but they went bankrupt and that never happened.

I remember from the latest IAAPA video that a GCI exec said they were asked to build SoB.