TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

How about a ZacSpin by Intamin? That would be a great ride without using a lot of land. They could totally fix it on the Broadwalk section of the park. Next to Pandemonium.

ZacSpins aren't that great. I'd much much much rather have something Like an El Loco that takes up just as much space.

WRONG! Your stupid SoCal ZacSpin isn't that great...there are some out there that are just fine, and some that are INSANE!!!!

Perfect mixing of the name and the description!

Back in April SFFT promoted the opening of the 2013 season of their water park with the title "The Regions’ Most eXtreme Water Park Opens Weekends Beginning April 27 at Six Flags Fiesta Texas." They also used the term eXtreme Thrills in the article to promote the water park attractions. My bet is on a new water park slide.

Link to SFFT article: http://www.sixflags.com/fiestaTexas/info/news_2013wwb.aspx

Nice find.

^^^^ I wish. I miss the Lone Star Spectacular. Lone Star Nights is very 'meh' to me. I don't care about watching stock-footage type videos projected on the quarry. The lasers made the show really something unique and campy, and it was a lot of fun. The first time I saw Lone Star Nights, I was ticked off. Mainly I was pissed that they took out all of the Texas history aspects of the show. No more Alamo story...and the park is in SAN ANTONIO.

Interesting. It would be nice to see back to back coasters. The GCI wooden coaster would be an awesome addition to the Boardwalk. If it is Boardwalk location then Maybe the AquaTwist ride they're talking about for SFStL might be an option.

^Remember, this is Six Flags. Not only could they falsely advertise it as extreme, they more than likely will create some sort of world record from it as well.

EXTREME AQUA TWIST! With world record holding element. Most buttons on an operators panel. World record footprint for an Aqua Twist. Longest que for a flat ride. etc. etc. etc.

If the new ride is going in near the boardwalk then I think its going to be a new flat ride. Although like previously stated, there is a lot of room back in that area for a coaster. I still think its a water ride of some kind. I'm sure they know about the GCI coaster video on YouTube and was just trying to mess with us with the tweet. I'm surprised they haven't announced any news about Fright Fest yet.

^Remember, this is Six Flags. Not only could they falsely advertise it as extreme, they more than likely will create some sort of world record from it as well.

EXTREME AQUA TWIST! With world record holding element. Most buttons on an operators panel. World record footprint for an Aqua Twist. Longest que for a flat ride. etc. etc. etc.

"Longest Coaster on planet X featuring 10 thousand inversions, never-before-seen on a steel coaster in the US!!"

The tweets so far are:

"TO the B walk!"

"I can hear the roars,screams,and shouts....to the _________ already!"

The fact that they said roar kind of gives me hope it could be something more than just a water slide...but I'm still not counting on it. But what could the capital TOB mean?

Where was the photo of the land taken? TO the B Walk could mean the Boardwalk (referencing the Fiesta Bay Boardwalk area of the park)?

So it looks like due to the "roars screams and shouts" tweet, I think this ride is not a flat ride, they're obviously trying to show that, the ride will be really something.

I don't know, lets just wait for more tweets.

EDIT: New tweet "There will be a picture on the book of face. RT if you're ready for a NEW clue.... "

"Longest Coaster on planet X featuring 10 thousand inversions, never-before-seen on a steel coaster in the US!!"

Kudos sir! Well played! Well played indeed! I am so glad to see you have an awesome sense of humor!

Guy "I love your park, IMO it's the nicest in the chain." Koepp

There will be a picture on the book of face. RT if you're ready for a NEW clue.... #coasters #eXtreme14

Current SFFT tweet has #coasters in it. Hmmm TO the B Walk??? Airplane coaster from Great Coasters? Hope the news is as interesting as some of the clues.

I'm getting more and more excited each day! 10k inversions? This ride is going to be sick!

. . . But really, there is plenty of space in the back to fit a new coaster. Based off of Google Earth, if they wanted, they could even do an out-and-back White Lightning style coaster that rides the quarry wall past the parking lot next to Poltergeist (I'm almost positive it's employee) towards drop off/pick up and back. There should be enough room between the road and the quarry wall. This is going to be an exciting ride announcement!

On a side note, also on Google Earth, the satellite images have been updated to show construction of the Iron Rattler. The bottom portion of the original fan curve is still standing, there is one rail of the zero-g-roll in place, and the portion on top of the quarry is done minus the airtime hill off the quarry wall. Also, if you head up North East to White Water Bay, just above the wave pool next to the parking lot, you can see where it appears some track was being painted, plus some very, very orange grass.

Planning on heading to the park tomorrow with my dad who hasn't been in a few years. I know that tomorrow is a bring-a-friend free coupon day, so I'm a little worried about crowds. Did anyone here go to the park today or yesterday? If so, what were the crowds like?