TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

If anything, Power Surge should be replaced since even on busy days it's always a walk-on.

I agree. I mean it does help cool off during the heat but the other 2 water rides are way more popular.

I say replace PS with a coaster and connect that side of the park with the boardwalk again.

I'd like a coaster interacting with the cliff with a splashdown in Power Surge's pool, and I would like to see the boardwalk and that part of Rockville connected as well.

I doubt that'll happen though.

Forgive me guys, but the only thing that I can see coming to the park next year is a Larson Loop (Where S.S. Overboard was). I mean, Logically a YOLO Coaster, at SFFT just doesn't work, All we would be doing is making a step up from Superman: KC's 145ft Loop. SFFT would have a big family coaster deficit without Pandemonium. I have a feeling, That if anything is to go, it's Scooby Doo, For a Justice League Dark Ride; Or, S.S. Overboard for a Larson Loop. But, this is all just personal preference.

Not sure how reliable the source is, but someone mentioned it will be a Larson Loop called "Texas Fireball" and located in Slingshot's spot.

Which means Slingshot will be on the way out. *shrugs*

Edited by Loco

^ That actually sounds very probable. It certainly explains the flames in the teaser pic.

Ah, the Boardwalk staff.

Pandemonium doesn't seem to be very popular because of its location, but I don't feel like a second Premier launch coaster is a good fit for our park, plus Six Flags already invested in a new coaster this year. I'd expect 2017 to be our next coaster year based off of the past:

2012 StarFlyer

2013 Coaster

2014 Slide Complex

2015 Coaster

2016 ?

However, I wouldn't be too disappointed with a YOLO clone, I just seriously doubt they'd add it next year and replace Pandemonium.

If anything, Power Surge should be replaced since even on busy days it's always a walk-on.

I doubt the employees know what next year's addition is yet, though.

If Pandemonium was to ever be replaced, I wouldn't be surprised to see it relocated to Great Escape. It would be a perfect fit for that park. I would have said SFA but being that they now have the old Ragin Cajun, that eliminates that option.

That's either fire or Woody Wood Pecker

Isn't Woody Woodpecker a Universal Studios character?

It was a joke brah, at no point would I think any Six Flags park, or any Universal park for that matter would theme a ride after Woody Wood Pecker.

Not sure how reliable the source is, but someone mentioned it will be a Larson Loop called "Texas Fireball" and located in Slingshot's spot.

Which means Slingshot will be on the way out. *shrugs*

Slingshot is only a couple of seasons old, to me it seems impractical to remove it. Move it elsewhere in the park, like maybe to the boardwalk, yes, but I just don't see them removing it.

Texas Fireball seems like a practical name. To be honest, I was expecting a Larson Loop so if it is one I won't be surprised. Fortunately I actually enjoy these rides; the one at the Kemah Boardwalk, which I believe was the first 22m to be built was actually pretty fun; the loop felt bigger than it was. Capacity will probably be a nightmare but I think it would be a nice fit to the park. Really anywhere you place the ride it would blend in very well. I think the new vacant spot between Batman and Poltergeist would be a nice fit.

Still have my fingers crossed for a woodie in the boardwalk some day.

A Larson Loop in the Boardwalk named Texas Fireball?

Pretty much what was expected. Like I said, 2017 is probably our next coaster year.

Although rumors still don't confirm the Larson Loop, I think common sense does.

That's either fire or Woody Wood Pecker

Isn't Woody Woodpecker a Universal Studios character?

It was a joke brah, at no point would I think any Six Flags park, or any Universal park for that matter would theme a ride after Woody Wood Pecker.

"Brah" It's been done before.

Universal-Studios-Woody-Woodpecker-Nuthouse-Coaster-9277.jpg

With all the problems they are having with the Larson Loops, why do you think they would continue to put them in the parks?

Don't get our hopes up

Larson loops are reportedly all back open again. The problems may just be a thing of the past.

With all the problems they are having with the Larson Loops, why do you think they would continue to put them in the parks?

Don't get our hopes up

Larson loops are reportedly all back open again. The problems may just be a thing of the past.

I hope not. I don't want one! Current home park is SFOT.

a Larsen Loop is a PERFECT fit for the Boardwalk area, and Fiesta Texas has desperately needed more rides in that area for years now!

really, once you get past Pandemonium, the only option was the kiddie tea-cups for years, with SS Overboard SBNO, and the trabant sitting rotting for at least 4 years before they blocked it off.

a "boardwalk" needs games, and carnival rides. . how about putting a zipper or a Himalaya in there as well?