TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I just hope WC is hauling A$$ whenever I get a chance to ride it. I'm not flying 3,000 miles for it WC to be on her period that day

Having experienced a pretty wide range of rides on it, I can say that it's a damn fun ride even when running slow. There's some great hangtime in the rolls on a slow run that isn't there when faster, and the lack of lats between the rolls just accentuates the weirdo hill that follows.

So I'm hoping for a trip here in the 2nd week in July probably on a Tuesday or Thursday. Any summer tips of the park I should take into consideration? Haven't been in a while and know that summer crowds suck so knowing the vibe of the park beforehand is always good. Obviously WC first just because it's new.

^ Actually if you haven't ridden Goliath and you want to ride Goliath then I'd ride that first because it's incredibly unreliable, has terrible capacity and always has huge lines.

Although it may give you a SEVERE headache and backache for a while afterwards!

Hey cam, glad to see another positive review for this awesome looking ride!

I will be going to SFNE for the first time this season with Jess and Lisa next Thursday the 11th. Did you have to wait in line long for WC? Did it get very bust throughout the day? I have never been on an RMC coaster before, but I do have difficulty with the lap/leg bars on Bizzaro, to the point where I often cant ride. Are WC's restraints fairly restrictive to bigger people or people with long legs? Sorry for all the questions, just very eager to get out there to my home park and try it out.

I'm hoping for a not so crowded day, Im not sure if the kids are in school out there.

I was at the park all day today. Wicked Cyclone had lines up to 30 mins around 2:00, but nothing much otherwise. Bizarro was around 20 minutes early but also died down. Lots of buses in the lot and few cars, so when the school groups left at 4 the place was dead. Batman, Mind Eraser, Gauntlet, Flashback, and Goliath all walkons most of the day. Thunderbolt 10 mins early but also died down. Two trains running on all the usuals.

Blue train in the back car has quite the wheel vibration on Wicked Cyclone. The orange train seemed to be running slower than the blue train to the naked eye, especially through the second half. Ride was running nicely though. Early ops were stapling the hell out of people... one lady was nearly jumping in order to push as hard as she could. Afternoon ops were much better in that category, not to mention faster with loading in general. Got really irritated with an op on Bizarro because there were three hats in the drink holder in the station and he walked up and down the station for two minutes trying to find who the hats belonged to rather than just letting it go. No reason to hold up a train from dispatching just because you're on a power trip. Also hate that on almost every coaster running half empty, they force you to fill the front of the train rather than going to the empty back seats. I'm not sure why it matters so much to them when each train is half empty...I guess it it's just because Six Flags.

EC Zenith...most schools are in session through the third week of the month because of all the snow days this past winter, so you should have a good day on the 11th! Cyclone does have pretty restrictive restraints, but not quite to the point of Bizarro so if you can fit on that, you'll be fine on Cyclone. There's a test seat at the entrance as well if you're unsure.

I just hope WC is hauling A$$ whenever I get a chance to ride it. I'm not flying 3,000 miles for it WC to be on her period that day

So it's confirmed it's been running inconsistently? I was afraid of this. I would say it'd suck if I get a bad ride because it's a 3 hour drive but 3000 miles! Hope you don't get an off ride.

Well, I know even when it's "off" it's good but I'm hearing a pretty big divergence, either "nothing but ejector, super intense, top ride" or "yeah it's pretty good" Hope I get a wicked intense ejector filled one! It seems I will be going this Friday (still not sure I wanna risk a weekend) and regardless I am excited.

So it's confirmed it's been running inconsistently? I was afraid of this. I would say it'd suck if I get a bad ride because it's a 3 hour drive but 3000 miles! Hope you don't get an off ride.

Well, I know even when it's "off" it's good but I'm hearing a pretty big divergence, either "nothing but ejector, super intense, top ride" or "yeah it's pretty good" Hope I get a wicked intense ejector filled one! It seems I will be going this Friday (still not sure I wanna risk a weekend) and regardless I am excited.

If you're expecting El Toro ejector you'll be underwhelmed. The big thing is that this has extreme but short pops of ejector all over the place while El Toro has 5 or 6 long drawn out hills with great ejector. A couple of the hills on Wicked Cyclone give you more extreme pops of ejector than the Rolling Thunder hill on El Toro, but the hills are so small that by the time you realize what hit you, you're into the next turn.

I've ridden Wicked Cyclone about 10 times over 3 visits now and it's a great ride with perhaps the most relentless layout I've ever seen on a coaster, but I still find Bizarro, El Toro, and Skyrush to be superior by quite a bit. It's very much worth traveling for, especially with another top coaster a couple hundred yards away that really completes the full package. If you're staying for the whole day you'll get the more ejector filled rides late in the afternoon if that helps at all.

No reason to hold up a train from dispatching just because you're on a power trip.

You must be new to this whole "Six Flags New England" thing. I'm glad you enjoyed your day at the 5th friendliest park in the world.

I've been going to Riverside since I was 3 so most thing that go on there don't shock me. But every year I find myself scratching my head more and more with some of the things they do, especially in the ride ops department. The last couple years I've only gone two or three times all year because I just can't take it anymore. Wicked Cyclone has gotten me back to the park a lot this year so far, but it's just not fun when they make you feel like an elementary school student the entire time you're there. I went on Houdini all alone today and the ride op still stood there in front of me and yelled the whole boarding spiel like the entire room was full.

I wish I could move Knoebels 4 hours east.

If you're expecting El Toro ejector you'll be underwhelmed. The big thing is that this has extreme but short pops of ejector all over the place while El Toro has 5 or 6 long drawn out hills with great ejector. A couple of the hills on Wicked Cyclone give you more extreme pops of ejector than the Rolling Thunder hill on El Toro, but the hills are so small that by the time you realize what hit you, you're into the next turn.

I've ridden Wicked Cyclone about 10 times over 3 visits now and it's a great ride with perhaps the most relentless layout I've ever seen on a coaster, but I still find Bizarro, El Toro, and Skyrush to be superior by quite a bit. It's very much worth traveling for, especially with another top coaster a couple hundred yards away that really completes the full package. If you're staying for the whole day you'll get the more ejector filled rides late in the afternoon if that helps at all.

Oh I see. Well good to know what to expect, and yeah I really love the layout and flow of it. Yeah I plan to stay the day. Guess I got caught up in the hype, I assumed it would be sustained ejector but we know what happens when you assume

No reason to hold up a train from dispatching just because you're on a power trip.

You must be new to this whole "Six Flags New England" thing. I'm glad you enjoyed your day at the 5th friendliest park in the world.

I've been going to Riverside since I was 3 so most thing that go on there don't shock me. But every year I find myself scratching my head more and more with some of the things they do, especially in the ride ops department. The last couple years I've only gone two or three times all year because I just can't take it anymore. Wicked Cyclone has gotten me back to the park a lot this year so far, but it's just not fun when they make you feel like an elementary school student the entire time you're there. I went on Houdini all alone today and the ride op still stood there in front of me and yelled the whole boarding spiel like the entire room was full.

I wish I could move Knoebels 4 hours east.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said...

Especially that last part.

All this talk about WC is making me super excited! I'm not expecting an El Toro but I am expecting something different and completely insane! Even if I do get an off day I don't think I'll be disappointed as long as I get to ride it!

As a treat for myself for dominating my calc 3 exam I'm going this Friday, hoping the school trips won't be killer but sounds like even when they've been there it hasn't been terrible. I am largely there to marathon the 2 big coasters, maybe hit some others for the creds if I feel like.

If by any chance someone will be there this Friday the 5th, lemme know!

My trip report from SF:NE today!

I got to SF:NE for opening and was very lucky that for the first hour the park was empty. The school groups didn't roll in until a bit later, and the first few spent some time congregating. I had 5 straight rides on Wicked Cyclone, all walk ons. It was glorious. I think I spent more time walking from the exit back to the entrance than actual waiting.

Wicked Cyclone is awesome! It may be my new #1 coaster. It has it all: tons of ejector, the crazy elements, smooth and a great pace. Every great coaster either is lacking in one area, or has some issue (too intense, bad restraints, a little short etc) but not WC.

The layout is perfect. There is not one wasted moment, no parts that feel weird or seem off, it has a hill, turn, barrell roll, turn, hill, crazy element, etc etc etc each element moves into the other one in a very balanced way, but it's not boring..isn't simply hills, turns and rolls, it's varied. It's quite literally a perfect layout. The first roll element is awesome, it throws you around a good bit, the second gives such a good blend of speed and hang time, while the final inversion really has some air time.

I had one off ride, the airtime was much subdued and the second half was near devoid of it, felt a little slow by the end and tons of wheel screeching. This was just one though, every other was brilliant. Rode near the front, the back row and middle cars. All feel the same during the ride, but the first drop is truly epic in the back row. That is the way to go, though they were assigning rows so it was pure luck what I got.

Wanting to take advantage of the empty park I hit up Bizarro next. Got two rides each on front row. First wait was 20 minutes, but due to a vomit situation it ended up being 45, and the other wait was 25 minutes. There was of course perpetual stacking, so I wonder how short it would've been without that.

Bizarro is awesome, but I think I waited too long to finally ride it. By the time I finally rode last year I was a bit let down, but I think it may be because I've ridden Toro and Skyrush and I305. While I found Bizarro awesome, it had less intense airtime and forcefulness than those mentioned coasters. Also the restraints really are not good, but still a really great ride. Long, lots of airtime even if most of it was strong floater, and while I didn't grey out I got that weird feeling on the edge of my eye, like it was just on the verge of happening. A great ride and still top 10 for sure.

Took a lunch break by this point, and WC had a brief downtime so I hopped on Thunderbolt, which is a fun lil ride.

I also got one on NESS which previous comments were totally right about, way too short, I'm not even sure we were up there at all before we started descending.

I went back to WC once I saw it running again and for a bit they were doing one train, which resulted in a 30 minute wait despite a pretty short line. Went back to two eventually and I nabbed two more rides, total of 8 for the day.

I saw a pretty short line for Goliath so I hopped on, and lucked out that I was able to walk straight to the single rider line and basically I got a walk on. Goliath is...fun I think I do enjoy it, though more in the exhilarating/intense way a car crash would be. I never rode it with previous trains so I can't vouch for em, I didn't find these to give me the side to side head thrashing, in fact none at all, but I got a forward to back thrashing, and my back needed a re alignment after Still I'd say I like it and it's worth 1 ride.

Due to prior obligations I had to bolt by then to make it back home, but the day was successful in achieving my marathoning of WC which really is damn amazing. I'll go again for sure.

Your first four photos of the coaster are great! It almost looks

like you "bent" the image and/or photo shopped them.

Great pix, man!

And the second one, I like the best. Total twisty-ness, lol!

I was there too and I noticed Goliath was missin a seat. They removed a seat from

One of the cars. So instead of 32 people per ride it was 31. Not only blocking it off, nowhere to be found. If that doesn't show they need the old train I don't know what does.

They could have been cleaning it. Maybe someone pissed all over it or something.

I was there too and I noticed Goliath was missin a seat. They removed a seat from

One of the cars. So instead of 32 people per ride it was 31. Not only blocking it off, nowhere to be found. If that doesn't show they need the old train I don't know what does.

They could have been cleaning it. Maybe someone pissed all over it or something.

It was missing Wednesday as well. Second to last row, left side. Don't think I've ever seen an operational roller coaster train missing an entire seat before, especially with the rest of the row still functional.

Your first four photos of the coaster are great! It almost looks

like you "bent" the image and/or photo shopped them.

Great pix, man!

And the second one, I like the best. Total twisty-ness, lol!

Thanks! Yeah it's one messed up ride!

Maybe the train had 32 seats before returning to the station.