TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I believe it will be something like iRat with the slanted brake run then it goes into the covered part. The part that they kept looks like it is big enough to hold a train, then they will rebuild the slanted part just like they did with iRat.

So what will they do with the old trains?

Good question, I got an email from Jen McGrath answering my question about if parts would be used for Thunderbolt and if I could have a banner. She said that the banners are for charity events which they haven't figured out yet and the cyclone trains future is indefinite and she'll be happy to share with the coaster community when a decision is made regarding the trains.

I am planning on doing Six Flags New England some time during next week. I have never been to the park and don't really know anything about it. If you have any information about the park and what rides to hit first let me know. Will I need a fast pass during the week? I'm hoping I can get all the credits in one day. And will Bizzaro be able to take my number one spot away from Skyrush?

I am planning on doing Six Flags New England some time during next week. I have never been to the park and don't really know anything about it. If you have any information about the park and what rides to hit first let me know. Will I need a fast pass during the week? I'm hoping I can get all the credits in one day. And will Bizzaro be able to take my number one spot away from Skyrush?

I have been there one time this year (I usually go more), but the ride with the longest lines this year is the Sky Screamer, so if it is a ride you want to go on, go on it early due to the longer lines later in the day. If not, try to start near the back of the park, like on Bizarro, or something around that area. Bizarro, last time I went was a walk on, and the Sky Screamer and every other ride down the other end was between 20 or 30 minutes. Also, I don't know if this time of year you would need a flash pass during the week, but I thing you would be fine, except for Friday. And Bizarro is a pretty good ride. I think it's better than Skyrush, but that's my opinion, and your opinion might be different. Just try to sit in the front or back. If you stay until closing, try to ride Bizarro front row at night. It is one of my favorite seats on any roller coaster at night. Have fun!

If Flashback goes I won't be sad. It wasn't a bad ride - I didn't get much headbanging and overall I thought it was pretty smooth, but it was the only one in the park that made me have to sit down for about 20 minutes. Getting a launched ride (that's not a shuttle) would be interesting, though if I remember correctly Flashback isn't a large ride to begin with so putting in something in that place would take a bit of work.

Iron Cyclone will be a must ride for sure. I'm glad I got my ride on the original Cyclone but the new coaster will not disappoint (I hope). Also, Cyclone was making some funky noises when I was there, usually happening when the train was rounding a bend - the noise was not unlike, well, a full size train rounding a bend. Dunno what was up with that (since Thunderbolt didn't make those noises and that's a much older ride!). That however is a moot point since that ride is being replaced.

What I would love to see is Mind Eraser being replaced with a B:TR clone (or similar size B&M invert).

I haven't been in 2 years, but I would recommend hitting Goliath early since its one train operations and propencity to break down can lead to a long wait later in the day. Bizarro is fantastic, especially in the front, but Skyrush was superior in my opinion. Skyrush's intensity is unparalleled.

If Flashback goes I won't be sad. It wasn't a bad ride - I didn't get much headbanging and overall I thought it was pretty smooth, but it was the only one in the park that made me have to sit down for about 20 minutes. Getting a launched ride (that's not a shuttle) would be interesting, though if I remember correctly Flashback isn't a large ride to begin with so putting in something in that place would take a bit of work.

Iron Cyclone will be a must ride for sure. I'm glad I got my ride on the original Cyclone but the new coaster will not disappoint (I hope). Also, Cyclone was making some funky noises when I was there, usually happening when the train was rounding a bend - the noise was not unlike, well, a full size train rounding a bend. Dunno what was up with that (since Thunderbolt didn't make those noises and that's a much older ride!). That however is a moot point since that ride is being replaced.

What I would love to see is Mind Eraser being replaced with a B:TR clone (or similar size B&M invert).

Cyclone has made those noises for quite sometime. I'm guessing it may be due to a lack of lubrication, but I could be wrong. I'd love to see a B&M invert at the park, but I don't see it happening. If and when they remove Flashback, I would really like to see a Superman Ultimate Flight clone (as long as they add the extra car like Busch or have a dual loading platform).

Does anyone have any opinions about what elements will be put into Steel Cyclone? In my opinion I think the ride will start up with a steeper and longer drop, leading to a turn around that has a barrel roll in it. Then it will take another steep drop and enter the second turn around which will have a steeper initial angle. From there on out it will consist of airtime hills and a barrel roll or two. I know, I am probably far off from what it will really look like but I want to know what some other people think it will look like...

Happy riding!

People are speculating about inversions and airtime for Iron Cyclone.

Also, why did SF neuter Cyclone? Before this, I see the ride had shoulder straps, did they want to speed up loading?

As for Iron Cyclone, they should restore the first drop (I heard that it was insane, so a steeper RMC version should be insane, too) and restore the near 90 degree banking on the first turn that I saw in old Riverside Cyclone videos.

Also, why did SF neuter Cyclone? Before this, I see the ride had shoulder straps, did they want to speed up loading?

As for Iron Cyclone, they should restore the first drop (I heard that it was insane, so a steeper RMC version should be insane, too) and restore the near 90 degree banking on the first turn that I saw in old Riverside Cyclone videos.

Let me tell ya, your gonna be my BFFL if we're on the same Cyclone page.

Cyclone was neutered because when the park bought the PTC's, it screwed the ride up pretty badly. Lots of stress on the structure, and the first drop was "too rough". Because the Morgans weren't available to them anymore, they got screwed with the PTCs and the drop was neutered and trims were added. I am strongly against neutering wooden coasters but I guess we lost that battle.

I heard there are MULTIPLE barrel rolls in the new IC. Oh well.

Here might be a video your seeing (Idk if your allowed to post these...)

One of my favorite videos of all time. I dream about the noises the ride makes at 1:10 when the wheels struggle

Also, look at the girl on the right on the first drop. She freaking flies!

There are so many clues that when you put them all together, it leads to the Iron Horse treatment. 99.9% confirmed. Cut here markings, new station paint, carefully taking track off, etc. If if was coming down, they wouldn't have slowly and carefully removed the track.

There was some rumor circulating that Bizarro's new trains (whenever they get them) would be backwards. There is no evidence to suggest that this is the case, but it would fit the theme of the ride, and it would fit with the upcoming "biggest announcement ever". What do you all think of the idea of Bizarro backwards?

Personally, I am unsure. It would be bonkers, but given Intamin's record, I'm not sure turning that monster around is a bright idea.

Oh well... We'll see.

Let me tell ya, your gonna be my BFFL if we're on the same Cyclone page.

Cyclone was neutered because when the park bought the PTC's, it screwed the ride up pretty badly. Lots of stress on the structure, and the first drop was "too rough". Because the Morgans weren't available to them anymore, they got screwed with the PTCs and the drop was neutered and trims were added. I am strongly against neutering wooden coasters but I guess we lost that battle.

I heard there are MULTIPLE barrel rolls in the new IC. Oh well.

Here might be a video your seeing (Idk if your allowed to post these...)

One of my favorite videos of all time. I dream about the noises the ride makes at 1:10 when the wheels struggle

Also, look at the girl on the right on the first drop. She freaking flies!

That isn't the video, but I saw another one showing the shoulder straps. I thought it had 3-bench PTCs originally (not Morgans) - I heard somebody in a comments section say "how did 3-bench PTCs negotiate that drop?".

As for the "struggling wheels", do you mean the scraping noises or the squeaking noises?

Finally, how does anybody know that IC will have multiple barrel rolls?

EDIT: Ah, I see - the ride had PTCs (I assume 3-bench) that were damaged in an accident, which were replaced by Morgans, which were replaced by 2-bench PTCs. Why does PTC sell so many woodie trains if they beat up the track so much?