TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2008 Asia Tour!

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look at the video for their Monster's Inc. ride and all I can think is.. DCA got screwed :S. (Granted, I know that the ride is the way it is because they merely rethemed an old attraction.)

Ditto for Pooh at DL.

Although the track was new, the concept/design was (yawn) not.

And TDL's was awesomely so much better, ride-wise.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it's been so long since the last update. I'd like to say I was busy, but probably was just lazy (nah, we were busy!)

Anyway, here is the final installment of Tokyo Disney Resort Photos! Enjoy!

Why is the word "Waffle" always funny?

Here is the new Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. It's swanky. In fact, you need to be dating Hillary Swank in order to stay here.

OMG! HIDDEN MICKEY!!!!

"25 Minute Anniversary!" No, seriously, the park was just built 25 minutes before we got there. 30 minutes ago is was just a plot of dirt.

I don't know how I missed Journey to the Center of the Earth when we were at Mysterious Island.

No one was allowed to walk in that lower section because of all the needles on the ground.

No one wanted floppy gyoza today.

Women turn into demons when they ride this.

Raging Spirits didn't suck....no, I know! It's hard to believe...but it's true.

This has never been photographed...until now.

On the hunt or the Loch Ness Monster.

"My green thing is bigger than yours."

You know the monkeys are in a good mood when they have bananas. Watch out if they start throwing rocks.

Random wall photo.

Coconut popcorn is freaking amazing.

Wow, this looks good...but what is it made out of?

Oh...maybe it's not so great...

OMG...is that what I think it is? YES! JAPANESE MEXICANS!!!

"KidTums won't even eat her lard because of the awesome Japanese Mexicans!"

You really haven't lived until you hear the Japanese Mexicans play "Besame Mucho"...well, unless you've recently been on Boardwalk Bullet, because not even Japanese Besame Mucho can top that!

Debbie Downer needs a Red Bull!!!

Wow, we are slobs.

Strawberry popcorn is exactly like coconut popcorn...except strawberry.

It's DCA's Tower that isn't quite as sucky.

Just in case you forgot what the name of the ride was, here it is in obnoxiously bright neon green writing.

I love this.

More Proof that Japanese Indy kicks all sort of crap over California Indy.

Normal popcorn makes chicks strong.

RANDOM TURTLE ALERT!!!!

This is not a space ship. It's a giant vibrator for Rosie O'Donnel.

"Hi. My name is Steve. Can I be your princess?"

This is the pirates ride but yet I see no place to download music.

We found Nemo!

Dammit! That was NOT what I was hoping would jump out of the cake!

Anyone else think that Pete's Dragon could be the worst movie ever made? Did you ever have to sit through that crap? If not put it on your Netflix list RIGHT NOW, watch it, and then you can say "I've seen the worst movie ever made!"

"I'm CRAAAAAZY Haunted Mansion Holiday Scary Face Guy! GIMME SOME FETUS!"

Um, WTF just happened here? How about we go back to the park that had NO LINES for anything!!!

Much better!

That's not lighting, that's an ACTUAL alien descending upon Space Mountain!

This is correct.

HA! HA! Martin!

Here's a roller coaster shot for the nerds.

"Sorry honey, I'm going home with this Haunted Mansion Hottie!"

Women afraid of beavers. Ironic!

Martin is clearly jealous of Mike's furry threesome.

WTF? I can't understand a damn thing Stitch is saying!

Good thing we have our trusty little magical translation device thingy's.

And finally we end these Disneyland updates with the ultimate in Furry pictures. That's right, those two dudes on the left love to dress up as Little Bo Peep and her sheep and terrorize children in their sleep! (...at dorney park)

Thank you again for reading!

--Robb

Anyone else think that Pete's Dragon could be the worst movie ever made? Did you ever have to sit through that crap? If not put it on your Netflix list RIGHT NOW, watch it, and then you can say "I've seen the worst movie ever made!"

How can you say that about a movie that "stars" Helen Reddy, Jim Dale, and Mickey Rooney?

On second thought, how can you not say that about a movie that "stars" Helen Reddy, Jim Dale, and Mickey Rooney?

How can you say that about a movie that "stars" Helen Reddy, Jim Dale, and Mickey Rooney?

On second thought, how can you not say that about a movie that "stars" Helen Reddy, Jim Dale, and Mickey Rooney?

Pete's Dragon is a brilliant film! I will not stand by and watch you trash a film from my childhood! Prepare for my imaginary dragon battle!

Pete's Dragon is a brilliant film! I will not stand by and watch you trash a film from my childhood! Prepare for my imaginary dragon battle!

I will see your imaginary dragon battle and raise you one candle on the water!

--Robb "you're going to name your kid elliot? No no no. Eliott is a fat kid that eats paste.." Alvey

I could go into a Hallmark moment about how special Pete's Dragon was to me as a kid. How Candle on the Water was one of my Mom's favorite songs. And how I can still remember seeing that movie in the theater with Mom. And how I always anxiously waited for that part of the Main Street Electrical Parade. But I won't. I won't do that at all.

You are heartless, Mr. Alvey. Heartless, I tell you.

But hey, AWESOME report! Thanks for posting so much Japanese Disney goodness. You rock....when you're not being heartless.

And how I always anxiously waited for that part of the Main Street Electrical Parade. But I won't. I won't do that at all.

I did that I am now off to find my old Pete's Dragon VHS and somehow get to work in my DVD player! Curses for throwing out my VHS player!

--Robb "you're going to name your kid elliot? No no no. Eliott is a fat kid that eats paste.." Alvey

Hah! I'll use "every little piece, every little crease" of your imaginary dragon for my imaginary get-rich-quick scheme!

Yes, that little bit of a song from Pete's Dragon has somehow been burned into my brain (probably because I saw the trailer a million times).

And to be fair, I'm quite fond of the Flash Gordon flick starring Sam J. Jones and Max Von Sydow (hardly a cinematic masterwork).

Great Report! The non-character-characters are really creepy. I've never gone during halloween so I've never seen them. Too bad. These trip reports have gotten me so excited for my trip in June, I just wish TPR was there to set everything up! Thanks for all the info.

Great finale trip report, except for the blasphemous comment about "Pete's Dragon": In actuality, the worst film EVER IMO is "The Stuff" (a horror film about killer frozen yogurt). I worked at a movie theater when it came out back in the day & we literally refunded ever ticket to every customer who asked for one. It opened on a Friday & closed that Monday. Just awful (and not in a good John Waters way)! I want to rent it to see if it truly is as horrible as I remember, but I'm afraid it will melt my DVD player...

Back on topic though, Thanks again for sharing pics and comments about such a fantastic place. Hope to visit Japan myself someday (especially TDL and TDS)!

Okay I know someone went all in with the video, so I call with:

"A dragon, a dragon

I swear I saw a dragon

A green and seething fire-breathing

Monster is in sight

With eyes of red, a lion's head

And wings as dark as night

Oh, he has a jaw of gleaming teeth

He's 50 feet in height"

If any one can sing this song, then you know you LOVE Pete's Dragon, just as I do. SHHH don't tell Robb