TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Obama or McCain or Beemerboy?

Who do you favor in the election?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you favor in the election?

• Obama
    • McCain
    • Beemerboy

I'd like to see what TPR members think on this subject and who you would vote for. I'm totally against the "messiah" (Obama) but I'm not all for McCain. Of course he's better but not the best. I personally would've liked to see Mitt Romney in the White House, but that's not going to happen now.

Please explain your selection somewhat thoroughly why you chose who you did.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am a very strong and conservative Republican, yet I follow Obama 100%, I would have rather seen Huckabee in the White House, but that will not happen. I just like what Obama is offering more than what McCain is.

--Chris

No conservative would vote for Obama. Either you're confused about what a conservative is or you just thinkyou are a conservative. Obama is agaisnt everything conservative's stand for. Maybe you're a liberal Republican sort of like Huckabee was but you are definately not a conservative.

I might be totally wrong and you just might be confused about Obama. If you PM me with a message called "explain", I'll explain to you why Obama is not what a conservative should be looking into.

...a liberal Republican sort of like Huckabee was...

Just keep this one civil guys

I personally don't know who to vote for, I don't like either candidate. I can't see myself voting for Obama though, so regardless, my vote will likely be more of a vote against Obama than for any other candidate.

I voted for Ron Paul in the primaries.

Worth noting that the topic starter will be too young to vote!

I'm supporting Obama.

Edit: OP, have you considered that he may still be a conservative republican while still realizing there is more to voting than staying in party? Nothing annoys me more than people who vote blindly for their party's candidate instead of looking at the candidates on their own and deciding for themselves, so I give mad props to chmilo24 for doing just that and picking the candidate for him.

^ Hopefully not...but it's hard to tell with "hot button" topics, especially politics. Remember to keep it civil, guys! Respect others views, even if you disagree with them. Any flaming will not be tolerated.

I support Obama. I agree with the policies he's laid out, especially for energy and universal health care (especially now, going through an insurance nightmare trying to get my policy to properly cover large portions of a hospital stay last year). I don't believe he's "the one" or anything ridiculous like that, I just think he was, by far, the strongest candidate in this election. I realize and acknowledge that there are valids criticisms of him (lack of "experience"), but I think his positives greatly outweigh the negatives.

I'm looking forward to casting my vote come November.

McCain here all the way.

I actually was the biggest fan of Mitt Romney, so i'm holding out that he'll be McCain's running mate. I'd consider the economy McCain's weak point so Romney could totally fill that gap.

I always see myself siding with the Republican candidate and i don't really see that changing any time soon. Even so, I don't just blindly follow the party. I still think Hillary would have done just fine, perhaps good, even.

I understand why Obama gets so much support, but i just think he's so unexperienced... But i guess if he surrounds himself with the right people it'd be fine.

I support Obama 100 percent. This country needs to get out of its conservative ways in order to prosper again. I cannot stand making progress and then regressing back to what this country used to be. Why must we use intimidation factors in order to be a part of this world? These past 8 years have all but erased our good (not great) reputation around the world and I, for one, would like to see the economy, stability and reliability back to where we had it during the Clinton years.

I support Obama and believe that he could be the best thing to happen to this country in years. I'm hoping he chooses Evan Bayh as his running mate.

If he isn't elected, I've lost all faith in the American public and I will begin the process of moving to Canada. People basing their votes on flag pins, the pledge of allegiance, and a middle name is ridiculous and embarrassing.

I don't think ether of them will be much different then Bush is right now. Congress is what's messed up, and congress has essentially more power then the President. I think Bush is doing a fine job with the world we live in right now. I don't think our country will be perfect if Obama or McCain becomes president like everyone is sold on.

I'm not calling him good, but he's not as bad as everyone says.

And, Im republician and supported Huckabee, but I prefer Obama over McCain. I might like Ron Paul more then Obama, but I haven't seen enough or heard enough of Paul, and I would of voted McCain over Hillary as well.

Congress is what's messed up, and congress has essentially more power then the President.

so true

The Democrats and Republicans seem to be in a race to see who can waste more taxpayer dollars. Of course, when half of the people in this nation don't know who their representative is, they can get away with porking the budget.

.. and that quote brings me back to:

I, for one, would like to see the economy, stability and reliability back to where we had it during the Clinton years.

an economy that was overseen by a GOP House?

If I could vote this November (10 months shy), I'd be voting for Obama. I'm not too knowledgable on many of the aspects of government, but the U.S. government course I'm taking should take care of that.

One of the few things that is important to me right now is the rebuilding of the gulf coast. Obama seems to have a much better plan than McCain. When asked what to do with the Ninth Ward in New Orleans, McCain's answer was to "tear it down or something". (He later "forgot" saying this)

The age factor also affects who I'd vote for but I don't feel like going into that...

I was thinking the same thing about Congress having more control, and while everyone bashes on Bush (a man i very much respect) Congress, (which is run by the Democrats) actually has a lower approval rating than he does.

I feel a president, no matter which party, though republicans are hit much more harshly by the media than democrats, are unfairly blamed for every problem the country faces.

High gas prices, for instance, isn't exactly something a president has control over.

I think Bush is doing a fine job with the world we live in right now.

In our part of the world Bush is portrayed as an idiot who is mostly responsible for the "world we live in right now".

agreed as in that's what were told, but I dont believe it. It's mainly congresses fault, but we don't hear that in the news.

There are some things that Barack Obama sounds better on than John McCain. One of them is about smart growth. I'm all for business and property rights, but over the past few decades, things have been done irresponsibly. The oil/gas price increases are making people consider alternatives to driving everywhere, and we need to invest in them. On that issue, McCain seems indifferent, or even supportive of the status quo, like I feel Bush is. I agree with McCain on increasing drilling capacity and using nuclear power, but it's only part of the right equation.

I voted for Bush twice. While I don't necessarily regret it, I think we need to change some things - and if I were a one-issue voter, I'd likely vote for Obama. However, regarding taxes, the military and foreign policy, among others, I will be more than likely voting for McCain in November. I don't know what Obama's biggest weakness is - his overall stance on politics, or his inexperience.

My biggest concern is energy, and I like Paris Hilton's plan the best. Shame. I will consider a vote for Obama if Evan Bayh is on the ticket, since he really would be the best choice for vice president anyway. Geographically, he is a smart choice, and also he is boring/vanilla...something that Obama needs if he wants to win. An Obama/Hilary ticket, no matter how fond Hillary supports are of it, would be tough for many avaerage Americans to actually cast a vote for, no matter what they say in conversation. I really wanted Edwards to be on the ticket, but he says he isn't interested...and he wouldn't have a chance of it now anyway after what he admitted.

I am a very strong and conservative Republican, yet I follow Obama 100%, I would have rather seen Huckabee in the White House, but that will not happen. I just like what Obama is offering more than what McCain is.

--Chris

I voted for Huckabee in the Ohio primary. He seemed to have a view of smart growth that McCain didn't, and I think he would have attracted both conservatives and moderates (like myself). I, thus, like some of the things Obama is offering, but he's overall too much to the left of me.

--Chris

No conservative would vote for Obama. Either you're confused about what a conservative is or you just thinkyou are a conservative. Obama is agaisnt everything conservative's stand for. Maybe you're a liberal Republican sort of like Huckabee was but you are definately not a conservative.

I might be totally wrong and you just might be confused about Obama. If you PM me with a message called "explain", I'll explain to you why Obama is not what a conservative should be looking into.

I belive that I am entitled to my own opinion, and the only reason I am voting for Obama is because I like what he is standing for more than McCain. Also, a 16 year-old telling how a 23 year-old should vote is just strange. In 4 more years you can vote for whoever you want, instead of telling me that I'm not a Republican when you don't even know me.

chmilo24 wrote:

I voted for Huckabee in the Ohio primary. He seemed to have a view of smart growth that McCain didn't, and I think he would have attracted both conservatives and moderates (like myself). I, thus, like some of the things Obama is offering, but he's overall too much to the left of me.

Exactly. That is about the same reason I voted for him in our California primary.

--Chris

I will most likely be voting for Obama. I liked McCain over Bush in 2000, but I think its time for a change. The sad thing is that I dont think Obama will be elected. He is going to have to carry pretty much every Northern and western state, because there is no way he takes the south.

Definitely Obama.

I really do not agree with McCain's stance on Iraq. Obama is looking for a way out, while McCain still wants to attempt to get "Iraq back on its feet." It seems absurd to me! I agree with Obama on many issues that he supports; especially those in regards to the environment, Iraq, health care, and civil rights. He's charismatic, intelligent, and he shows so much potential to be the next American leader.

I'll probably vote for Obama but I would like to study them both a little more than I have. The most important thing about being president is finding someone who is willing to compromise and work with the other side, which Obama looks like he will. Normally, this is McCain's strong suit as he normally does whatever the hell he wants, but he's been playing Republican a little too long and getting good at it. Most of our better presidents have accomplished things that weren't their party's goal in order to get things done (eg. Clinton balancing the budget).

Obama is also staying a lot more positive, which I like. The negative ads just seem to cheapen a lot of the debate and try to convince people to be against a candidate for reasons that don't relate to the issues really. Don't dislike Obama for being a celebrity, dislike him for his stance on issues like Iraq or the economy. Also whoever keeps trying to say Obama is a Muslim or he won't say the pledge etc. I'm really getting tired of. You can't get people rilled up for being Muslim a month after doing the same thing with his kind of out there pastor at a Christian church. I hope people are smarter than to believer that, but then again it is spreading a lot. Not an attack on anyone, just venting.

Even though I can not legally vote in this presidential election, I do love to follow politics and the presidential race. Although neither canidates are that great, I come from a strong conservative Republican background so I'm pushing for McCain. He stands for all of what a conservative could ask for, he does have some flaws (economy as an example), I think McCain would be an excellent president. This has been a very exciting race so far, can't wait to see how these candidates will battle it out.

---Brent