TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR "East Coast/Behemoth Trip" Update

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boulder Dash was one of the great surprises for me. I didn't really know much about it, but I thought it was better than El Toro. That last set of bunny hills were just insane. The only bad part was that I rode it so many times in a row and screamed so much, I had a big headache when it was all over. It was all worth it, though.

From what I've read on Lakecompounce.org, they haven't added any trims or anything and it's running just as good if not better than last year. The only work I read about them doing was fixing the jerk in the turnaround that showed up later in the season last year. I should be down there within a few weeks, so I'll know for sure then.

^ If they do take action I really hope they bank it rather than trim it. That ride was absolutely insane last year and it would be such a shame for them to basically kill the second half of the ride rather than sort the problem out in a way that benefits the ride.

I don't think they banked anything either, just replaced the very small spot that got beat up last year. All wood coasters, especially ones that aggressive, fall out of gauge and break track and such, so I don't think it was anything too serious. It was still running very smooth through October, so I think that's the only spot that needed any work.

Boulderdash was a great surprise for me, too. Moved it right into the number #1 spot for me. I loved the triple up at the end, the night rides were serious insanity, and ride op Tom was freakin' AWESOME!

Thanks for the update, Robb! Made my day!!!

When would they be doing the work? I am going over around July-August & might try to get to the park.

Great update and love the video. Must have been good that day to have someone say it beats El Toro too. Or was El Toro running like crap?

I remember seeing it going through the trees and made sure I waited until it was night before my first ride. I was not disappointed.

Smart move, I'm still a huge proponent that Boulder Dash is exponentially better late in the day after it warms up. Night only adds from there.

WTF? They didn't let me ride the Kiddie Coaster last year!

They didn't let us either on the TPR trip, except that little kiddie credit scammer Bethany. But then just before the Boulder Dash ERT, they gave us all a ride. It was hilarious - one abrupt lap, ka-ching credit, next load of freaks.

They didn't let us either on the TPR trip, except that little kiddie credit scammer Bethany. But then just before the Boulder Dash ERT, they gave us all a ride. It was hilarious - one abrupt lap, ka-ching credit, next load of freaks.

I remember our group was headed over to Boulder Dash after riding the S&S tower when a park employee asked us if we were with TPR and when we said yes, he told us about the bonus ERT on Kiddie Coaster. Next thing we know, there's a stampede of TPR members over to the ride and that had the longest line of the night!

Seriously, that day was amazing. One of my favorites on the trip. Superman ERT and Hurricane Harbor waterslides ERT at SFNE in the morning, Super Slide takeover at Quassy featuring the ride op who greased the track with Crisco before each run, and the amazing ERT on Boulder Dash that night. I got at least 12 rounds in that evening! It was no question that it bumped El Toro out of #1 woodie. Even later in the trip when I rode El Toro again, it was still nowhere near as good as Boulder Dash was that night!

Looking forward to seeing more of these updates!

They didn't let us either on the TPR trip, except that little kiddie credit scammer Bethany.

Haha, Jake and I got on it before the end of the day too! And yes, because we bribed kids

And loving the updates Robb! I want to go back to Boulder Dash so much

^Alan, you are certainly not alone. Rides like Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Silver Comet and Lightning Racer turned out to be incredible coasters and were at least for me, unexpected surprises. All of the above now rest in my top ten for wooden coasters thanks to the trip!

If you guys like those woodies, you'll love TS:TR!
Not intended as a put down or anything but have you ridden Boulder Dash? I love GCI and have always enjoyed their work but frankly Boulder Dash is such an amazing product of its location it is truly unique and an absolutely amazing airtime machine which isn't what GCI typically build. That said GCI did a masterful job refurbishing Boulder Dash and the change in the last section just makes the most incredible ride moment I have ever encountered. (yes I do refer to the triple up... OMG...)

Just to put it simply Boulder Dash is airtime coaster perfection. The first ride will leave you absolutely speechless and it is a good thing because the ride will have taken your breath away. So if you tried to talk you would probably pass out anyway.

I will stop there to avoid overselling it... Just trust me ride it... Oh and make sure to ride it after dark because the changes of direction are more of a surprise then.

It comes down to a matter of preference with coasters but I personally prefer Dash, Toro, & Phoenix to any GCI I have been on, and that is unlikely to change because I like the monster airtime machines which I don't think GCI has really built something along those lines.

GCI's have some good airtime but not of the magnitude of coasters like Dash plus the unique terrain setting just makes the ride even more insane.

I'd love to see GCI build a psycho airtime machine but I get the impression from the GCI guys that isn't their style.