TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tusenfryd Discussion Thread

Thank you for the pics! That is truly amazing I can't believe it's at the park I visit about 10 times every year Do you know if there really are 4 inversions as Tusenfryd's website says? What and where is the 4th one? And does it go under the launch track between the first and the second corkscrewhop?

I believe they're counting the pretzle element as two inversions and then there are two corks near the end I believe.

Also the corkscrew element pictured abouve is actually a bunny hop! I don't know how they engineer those direction changes, they don't look natural!

More pictures please!!

-Don

This is what I see:

Launch Up and Over Escalator

Dive Down (upside down) under Escalator

Into Immelman (upside down)

High Speed Turn

Bunny Hop Over Escalator

Bunny Hop

Corkscrew (upside down)

Corkscrew (upside down)

Turn

Brakes

4 Inversions... Looks incredible!!

Hey again! I found a couple more pics, and since y'all seem to be enjoying them so much i decided to post a couple more. I see there aren't many pics around that are taken from inside the park, so if I get the time I might go take some tomorrow before work.

About the number of inversions, I think there are only going to be 3 "proper" inversions. However, as someone pointed out earlier, the second time the train goes over the escalator, the immelman is not completely upside down. So there will be like 3.5 inversions i guess Oh, and the corkscrew-hops will not go under the launch track, although that would have been kick-ass.

As for the last pic: Yeah, I know... It's way dark. But it's pretty cool to see what Speed Monster will look like from inside the park... If you squint real hard you might make out the 3 times it crosses over the escalator.

Oh well, I gotta go. It's friday night after all!

cheers!

sm6.JPG.d760029e8dcf0a8569eb92c35fea16f5.JPG

Speed Monster at night. Taken from inside the park...

sm5.JPG.a9f58c0c9be37e0ea6e3f9e36516a74a.JPG

yet another angle of the escalator. I guess you have a pretty good idea of what it looks like now, huh? This was taken from the admin parking lot (no im not an admin at Tusenfryd, just a low-life employee).

I believe they're counting the pretzle element as two inversions and then there are two corks near the end I believe.

Also the corkscrew element pictured abouve is actually a bunny hop! I don't know how they engineer those direction changes, they don't look natural!

More pictures please!!

-Don

yeah you're right, that is actually a bunny hop. sure looked like a corkscrew in that pic though... sorry

This is what I see:

High Speed Turn

Bunny Hop Over Escalator

Bunny Hop

Corkscrew (upside down)

Corkscrew (upside down)

Turn

Brakes

4 Inversions... Looks incredible!!

There is only one corkscrew at the end... So it must have only 3 inversions But double corkscrewhop is probably just as good as double corkscrew

look closely at this tecnical drawing, there is 1 corkscrew at the end

I don't totally get what you're saying? I clearly see two corkscrews at the end. I believe the website also confirms this.

I don't know if maybe you're trying to say that 'One Corkscrew = 2 Inversions'?

From the website also the train appears to be upside down during that '1st corkscrew'. Granted maybe the drawing is wrong like most drawings but until that section is done I don't really know.

I still stand by my:

High Speed Turn

Bunny Hop Over Escalator

Bunny Hop

Corkscrew (upside down)

Corkscrew (upside down)

Turn

Brakes

Anyone else see differently?

I'm not sure about the diagram there, can't quite make it out, but I had been led to believe that they'd dropped one of the two corkscrews in favour of another airtime hill/corkscrew hill thing.

Also, on another note... Oh My God, that is the most beautiful inversion ever...

I understand what you're saying,

But on the Tusenfryd website I see another 'official' drawing and it says differently.

Trust me, I'd rather have the airtime hill than a corkscrew, but at that point they would have to change their press release and graphics to read 3 inversions. I'm also wondering when they made this change, as I would assume that most of the engineering and fabrication is done. I don't think it's that easy to just 'swap elements'.

Again, I'm not trying to be obnoxious, I'm just trying to figure out what the layout is!

With the renderings zoomed in it CLEARLY shows one corkscrew. I can see that the last airtime hill could have easily been a corkscrew at one time.

When this was first anounced and all we had were the crappy drawings of the layout this rocket really looked somewhat stupid, but now this looks as good or if not better than Kanonen or Storm Runner.

Now not to be picky but I sort of wish that if this thing was going to at first have two corkscrew, I would have replaced the second corkscrew with a airtime hill so the corkscrew was sandwitched between two airtime hills. Although I guess by having three airtime hills and then a corkscrew at the end it will surprize some people.

Now after just seeing the new photos i'd have to say it's hard to tell if the pretzel is 1, 2 or Zero inversions. I'll have to see more photo or possible wait untill I ride before I decide for myself. All I can say is this will be awesome and I can't wait to ride it on the TPR trip next year.

Also I've noticed that this rocket will only run 3-car trains (12 people per train) and RCDB.com says that it will only give it at best 700 pph. Anyone else think that's stupid. I guess it could be to cut down on the cost of the Hydraulic Motor (less weight (of the train) = less power needed to launch the train).

Let's also give Tusenfryd a break here! It's not a giant corporate park, and those trains are expensive!

It's actually kind of sad that it seems like the smaller parks are now the ones getting these interesting rides, while the mainstream parks are no longer 'pushing the envelope', instead just getting crappy cookie cutters.

Maybe the design was changed.

Holiday World has been doin that with Voyage ever since the dang thing was started. the little bunny hop coming into the 90 degree corner was NOT there in the first renderings and Chad from TGG confirmed it was an added thing.

Upon more reading from the Holiblog, they have been altering the design some MORE on top of that. I wouldnt be suprised if a cork was taken out since that 3d rending clearly shows a bunny hop before the last cork. The shaping is far too pointed for that of a cork.

Personally, i'd consider this to be a much more exciting project than Rita or Kanonen ever were, and also much more interesting than Project Stealth. I'm pretty sure i'm more excited about it than I was when I first saw Storm Runner going up too. I don't know what it is, there's just something about that really has grabbed my attention and made me look seriously at flight & hotel prices to Oslo next year!

Personally, i'd consider this to be a much more exciting project than Rita or Kanonen ever were, and also much more interesting than Project Stealth. I'm pretty sure i'm more excited about it than I was when I first saw Storm Runner going up too. I don't know what it is, there's just something about that really has grabbed my attention and made me look seriously at flight & hotel prices to Oslo next year!

Well bring your lads with yah ! and come on over ! Hell, its just a 1-2 hours trip over the sea We are almost neighbours !

I am going too Germany this summer with my lads and drink good old dutch beer and watch Fotball WM ! Of course I'm going too many of the parks around Europe.

Yeah I have to agree that Kanonen was the weakest launch of the ones I've been on (Dragster, Xcelerator, Storm Runner). Doesn't matter, still a good ride, and this one looks even better!

We'll be bringing 30-35 people over the BIG POND with us!