TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

The hype train for RMC Roar seems to have exploded on r/rollercoasters today. I am not getting my hopes up but my god would that be awesome for us Virginia folks.

SFA has invested too much money in ROAR (even this year) to just RMC it... the ride is actually running quite well now!

Edited by CoasterLover

What if this whole teaser campaign was just showing what's gonna happen in the next 5 years.

PBR could go... it doesn't draw many people and it's sister (at SFNE) was already removed. However, I think you'd probably see Shipwreck Falls leave before PBR (just a thought... no solid evidence).

ZoomAzon, while really old, is built in a protected area. It's grandfathered in because it was there before the regulations were put into place, but if they ever removed ZoomAzon, it would be difficult to build anything in it's place due to some environmental protections in place for the wooded/wetland the ride goes over.

SFA has spent quite a lot on ROAR recently. I realize that no matter how much work they do to the ride, it will never draw crowds like it would/could if they RMCed it, but I'd be really surprised to see them do anything dramatic to it in the next 3 years or so... maybe at the end of 5 years is possible. I've actually heard that SFA upper management has (used to have) their eyes on RMCing Wild One (blasphemy, I know). Not sure if that is still the case or not...

Castaway Creek is one of the oldest attractions in the waterpark (only things older would be the WavePool and ZoomAzon). I believe I had read that there were some ADA compliance issues that the park had with Castaway Creek that they had received some waivers/extensions on that were soon to expire. If this is the case, it would require the park to either modify Castaway Creek significantly to accommodate these requirements or close it (and hopefully rebuild/replace).

You can build in protected wetlands if measures are taken to protect it. That's how home builder's get away with it many times. Shipwreck Falls would be a bad loss. It always has a line, people always gather around it to look, and it is the only ride where you get truly soaked on the dry side. People love that bridge,..both of them!

"Well friends, the Grim Reaper has made his rounds. Here's a recap of where he's been. One of these places will be his final choice. FULL DETAILS WILL COME AUGUST 31."

Note that the recent teaser says ONE of these places.

In that video, Grim Reaper spends half the video at Castaway Creek.

As much as I wish Whistlestop gets rethemed to DC, my final prediction is Castaway Creek/Pool Area being removed and replaced with new slide attraction.

If a conversion of Roar is a possibabilty would'nt Six Flags preemptively annouced it this before Cedar Fair did with Twisted Timbers?

That's why Six announced Wonder Woman before CF did with Rail Blazer.

Food for thought...

The Wonder Woman announcement was more important because it was a "world's first" and that was the thunder they wanted to steal. I'm not sure how much extra milage you get for medium sized RMC conversions.

If a conversion of Roar is a possibabilty would'nt Six Flags preemptively annouced it this before Cedar Fair did with Twisted Timbers?

That's why Six announced Wonder Woman before CF did with Rail Blazer.

Food for thought...

It's because SF announced WW preemptively because it is the first raptor installation anywhere worldwide. Roar would be the 10th iBox track conversion if that is actually what is happening and 7th SF installation so preemptively announcing ahead of KD would do them no benefit at all.

On the app, the description for fright fest says they have 9 bone-chilling coasters, but they count their superloop as a coaster so it should be 10. I thought this was kinda interesting, maybe Roar really is closing.

With that information, and how we are "supposedly" missing one of the rumored RMC projects (assuming Georgia Cycle gets the treatment), I'm pretty well convinced that SFA is finally getting RMC Roar.

I doubt it will be unique but it would be cool if RMC showed us what else they're capable of with Roar's footprint. Even if it is a Joker clone, I'd be pretty happy for the SFA-locals.

And I'd finally have a reason to go back to the park.

The only negative thing about an RMC conversion of roar is the possibility of it being a clone and the fact that it would be the loss of a good woodie.

While similar, the Roars weren't clones. The SFA Roar was actually longer by 177 feet. But what park wouldn't want an RMC? Cloned or not?

The only negative thing about an RMC conversion of roar is the possibility of it being a clone and the fact that it would be the loss of a good woodie.

While similar, the Roars weren't clones. The SFA Roar was actually longer by 177 feet. But what park wouldn't want an RMC? Cloned or not?

I don't know if Dollywood wants another RMC