TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth Coming in 2017

Six Flags America Announces New WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth to Open in 2017

World’s most iconic Female Super Hero Namesake for Park’s Tallest New Ride!

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. — September 1, 2016 — Six Flags America, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC Entertainment, announced today a new addition to its already stellar lineup of thrilling rides and attractions. WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth, a 242-feet tall, sky-high swing ride and the tallest new attraction at the Nation’s Capital of Thrills will open in 2017.

Based on the world’s most iconic female Super Hero, WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth is an extreme swing ride that spins guests in a 98-foot circle at speeds of 40 miles per hour atop a 24-story tower. With a capacity of thirty-two riders, guests sit two across in open-air swings as they climb to the top of the tower while spinning round and round, offering a breathtaking view while soaring high above the beautiful Maryland and D.C. landscape.

“We are thrilled to announce a new experience that will take our guests to new heights at Six Flags America,” said Rick Howarth, park president. “At 242 feet tall, WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth will be the tallest structure at Six Flags America and the first to feature the most famous heroine of all time.”

WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth will join SUPERMAN Ride of Steel, Batwing and JOKER’s Jinx in offering thrilling experiences based on the world famous DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains. The colossal tower will be visible from every location in the park and will become a new iconic symbol of thrilling fun for guests of all ages.

I like it . . . but IMO, I would have liked to have seen Roar get the RMC treatment and/or Pengiun's Blizzard River get scrapped in favor of a 4D spin (I'm not all that impressed with Blizzard River and it doesn't run in colder weather)

Park was super packed last night. On top of that, Batwing didn't work.

How long were lines for coasters & mazes? Considering going tonight possibly

They were outrageous. A lot of folks last night. I'm going later tonight. If you see a guy with a red Nautica jacket, glasses, and black Nikes, that's me . I do not know what my friend will be wearing.

I'll be heading there from around 6pm to closing to hit a house or two and get my last Fright Fest fix Hopefully it may be less busy because its a sunday, but also its the night before Halloween so it'll still probably be busy

Crowds were heavy but not as bad as expected. Once 8pm hit, most coasters had 5 - 10 minute waits, save for rain delays. Houses had steady 20-30 min waits throughout the night I noticed.

I like it . . . but IMO, I would have liked to have seen Roar get the RMC treatment and/or Pengiun's Blizzard River get scrapped in favor of a 4D spin (I'm not all that impressed with Blizzard River and it doesn't run in colder weather)

I totally agree about the Roar Rmc but the Blizzard river probably wont be going anytime soon. Its a great ride for families and when I visited the park Sunday night, the ride was running.

I totally agree about the Roar Rmc but the Blizzard river probably wont be going anytime soon. Its a great ride for families and when I visited the park Sunday night, the ride was running.

I think the speculation of its removal is due to SFNE removing theirs this season.

So Sunday night was a good night. Lines weren't bad at all! Arrived around 6pm so I missed the 6:15 Awakening show, but came past when the gools started running loose and spotted this guy. Wow, Bugs Bunny let himself go!

IMG_2927.thumb.JPG.5cdb12285d69945c2ab67d6bf1ee6615.JPG

Then I went over to the cowboy section to give Mind Eraser a whirl. Also hit the zombie house (one kept smelling my hair and said I was pretty) and the Terror Toy one. As I left, I noticed they started testing the Holiday lighting.

On another night, does anybody know what song they play in Terror Toy Shop? Not the Carol of the Bells one, but the song that sounds like a Trap remix of Jingle Bells. Youtube searches have brought me nothing.

IMG_2935.thumb.JPG.57d333b443fa5af88e6caaf5698b19d9.JPG

Then went and got dinner. Steak Sandwich with Side Cesar.

food.thumb.jpg.e2cd7b856e03c1ec4c1b30ff6fdc223b.jpg

Afterwards, I did Voodoo and Hall Manor back to back. Very good houses! Then I had a hankering for some wood, so I road Wild One and after went back to Roar. Didn't do any gotham coaster because I heard from other customers lines were long for them.

IMG_2841.thumb.JPG.93b3e02e941bd50284948c4def23ac07.JPG

After Roar, i hit Spider house cuz no line! Didn't try the 3D one tonight but Spider was good, I love the comperssion tunnel at the end!

Thx 6 Flags for a nice fright fest!

IMG_2939.thumb.JPG.4252fedf1498c57673115223552ff4dc.JPG

14702280_10211005060792464_7514194325826420272_n.thumb.jpg.1da6259b13c76400ef22d8568dcb6626.jpg

Tree swings among the ruins

The crumbling ruins of Hall Manor at SFA (10-15-16)

14671075_10211005060272451_5914172748434039262_n.thumb.jpg.5ed1736721188a902f5d99862085591b.jpg

Creepy angelic statues . . . .

A picture I took from The Haunting of Hall Manor: The Return of Eleanor during Fright Fest at SFA (10-15-16)

Side note: Any good picture of Hall Manor out there I can look at? I know in the Theme Park haunting section here, there's a very good overhead shot of Hall Manor . . . . and I know Eleanor's gravestone was allegedly moved when the Wild One was constructed?

I have to admit, I'm intrigued by the light show. I'll probably swing by for a few hours this winter when we're in the area for a ride on Wild One and Ragin Cajun and to check out the lights (and hurricanes of course).

...of course.. First one is on me if I ever see u there.. I'm intrigued by the food selection. Coyote Creek is going to look awesome.

ACE has a little more info:

http://acemidatlantic.org/2016/11/01/new-holiday-in-the-park-festival-captures-the-magic-of-the-season-at-six-flags-america/

Edited by Highridin

^ I think its more likely staffing, since they can just close off the entire Gotham section and not have to worry about staffing anything back there.

This is absolutely the reason, and they also probably don't want to pay to attempt to decorate that cesspool of an area when there's no reason to. I've heard that Superman sort of struggles in cold temperatures too but I doubt that was a deciding factor.

This is absolutely the reason, and they also probably don't want to pay to attempt to decorate that cesspool of an area when there's no reason to. I've heard that Superman sort of struggles in cold temperatures too but I doubt that was a deciding factor.

Early last year, the mechanics working to open Superman for the morning had the six of us in the station sit in the front three rows while they sat in the fourth to give the train some extra weight - I've never gone so slow over those hills at the end in my life.

Early last year, the mechanics working to open Superman for the morning had the six of us in the station sit in the front three rows while they sat in the fourth to give the train some extra weight - I've never gone so slow over those hills at the end in my life.

You know, that's funny. Ran good last FF. It was cold.