TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain X2 Campout!

X2 was an awesome ride the only thing I went on twice and they didn't have the speakers on the first time! But the fire was awesome except there was hardly any FOG! Anyway an awesome ride come check it out!!!!!

RIP Phclones Question: You walk on to all of the other rides (Except Goliath) But my opinion I rode every ride in the park then I waited for X2 soo the lines SHORT!!!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we did a quick lap last night and it was kind of sad to see X2 dispatching more often than Tatsu!

I was also impressed that they kept the line for X2 open till 10pm, that says a lot.

Watched the parade for the first time...ever I think! KT *LOVED* it. Definitely for kids, but hey, they're appealing to kids.

I have a question for those of you that have ridden the new trains. I was wondering how well the leg pads work? Do you still bang your legs hard? I loved X except it would leave me with ridiculously sore legs. It was almost as if my calves would get smashed to the point that when I would flex my calve muscle to walk up a hill or stairs it would hurt a lot.

I want to go and ride it during the week but I'm going on a trip that's going to have me climbing a lot of hills this weekend. I'm scared to get on and then suffer over the weekend if I do ride.

Just getting up after the long ride back to Phoenix yesterday. I just want to say thanks to SFMM for once again going above and beyond to make sure that everyone at the event felt that they got a good deal for their 50 dollars. I personally felt I got my money's worth by midnight on Friday. And I have a season pass!

A few thoughts and observations from my time at X2 :

1. I can not describe the look of pride on Jay's face on Friday night as he stood off in the corner watching riders return to the station. This guy LOVES this park.

2. One of the trains had a sound failure (it appears) on Saturday afternoon. The train was quickly (around 20 minutes) switched out and riding resumed.

3. There does appear to be a problem with the harnesses not returning to the high position after the rider gets off. This requires 1 attendant to push the release button on the back of the seat while someone else (rider or attendant) pushes down on the seat.

4. After watching the ride operation for many hours, I am not convinced that adding the third car would have any effect on through put. The ride itself is a few seconds over 2 minutes. It takes around 10 seconds for the new car to roll into the station after the previous one dispatches. The riders then get out and must clear the station before the gates open. I never saw an unload where all the previous riders cleared the station quickly. There were people that walked slow. I don't know of a nice way for the attendants to tell a limited mobility person to move their butt. Many times there were small kids that needed help to get the harness to open up. I never saw a car dispatch without the previous one already in the holding station or at least in sight. Having that third car available as a quick replacement seems much more realistic to me.

5. Having the all day Flashpass gave me a chance to hear the GP talking about the ride. Every time I exited the ride I heard someone say, "That was worth the wait!"

6. Most impressive sight: Looking down from the exit ramp at the area below the maintenance shed and seeing Neil pushing a trash bin out back! Now that is a sleeves up management style that just makes me excited for the future of this place.

I have a question for those of you that have ridden the new trains. I was wondering how well the leg pads work? Do you still bang your legs hard? I loved X except it would leave me with ridiculously sore legs. It was almost as if my calves would get smashed to the point that when I would flex my calve muscle to walk up a hill or stairs it would hurt a lot.

After many rides, my legs feel fine. However, my shoulders are pretty sore. They make a point of really pushing down on the harness.

I have a question for those of you that have ridden the new trains. I was wondering how well the leg pads work? Do you still bang your legs hard?

They work extremely well, I did not bang my legs once and have absolutely no soreness anywhere after numerous rides including both inside and outside seats.

The comfort level is better on the new seats overall. The outside seats towards the rear of the train are at times a shade turbulent on the last Raven turn, but even that is nothing like it was with the old trains. The fact that I was initially bummed that there was no more preferred seating before I had a chance to ride the ride but now that I have ridden it, I would gladly ride whatever row or seat assigned is sufficient for me to state there is definitely an improvement.

I hope you're feeling better, John. Are you going to be there on June 1 for ACE Day? If so, I'll see ya there.

Thanks-I'm much better. I don't think I will make ACE day this time as I still have not done what I said I was going to do this time last year and get an ACE membership. I will likely finally purchase one this year, though.

I'm going next Saturday the 31st to check out the Pony Express at KBF; while I suspect that it will be entertaining, I have a strong feeling that it will not even begin to come close to the new addition at SFMM!

I haven't been there yet to see X2's fireballs at night but I was just wondering what it might look like from along the I-5 freeway. I was wondering if there have been any 911's or other calls reporting fires or explosions at the park?

i was at the park yesterday, i got there around 12pm and waiting 3 hours to ride X2.

The line was backed up to the beginning of the bridge. The employee told me it was a 3 hour wait, i was surprised. The old X would have been 4-5 hours if it were at the bridge. Great job X2 crew! The line seams to move, except when they had to change the train which was about 20 minutes.

The ride..

They had assigned seating and I was fortunate enough to get the front row. Smoother than before, even on the outside seat. The fire and fog effects was awesome. The music was working on my train and it really adds to the experience.

Definitely worth the wait (Even though i would have preferred theme park review treatment) but it's all good.

I doubt you can see it from I-5. The fire effect is pretty low down. And there's that giant hill with the new office buildings going up pretty much right in front of X.

Thanks, wish I was there Fri/Sat but I'll be there one week from today for ACE day to take it all in!

(Even though i would have preferred theme park review treatment)

You have to remember, this whole X2 campout was not only for TPR, but this was open to the General Public! They had about 200 spots reserved, and when Neal pulled out the list to check me in, I saw that there were no more than 50 people coming. This experience was shared by TPR members, The Boys and Girls Club and the GP. They were willing to really provide a great experience for EVERYONE! So, even if you weren't part of TPR, you would've still gotten the red carpet rolled out for you! We were just fortunate enought that Robb announced this to us here at TPR. I was actually surprised that when I was walking back to my car with all my sleeping gear, people asked me how the campout went. I thought no one knew, but people did. Some guy asked me if it was totally worth it, and when I told him how Amazing the night before was, he was almost kicking himself.

I'm going to try to upload my pictures and videos later, but I got video of them transfering the trains( Train 2 for Train 1).

Worth every penny! I had an amazing time! As they have recently they went above and beyond on what i expected. The night ERT was the most fun i have ever had. X2 as night was so awesome. I got 9 rides at night, I wanted more! Then we went to cyber cafe and they had free dough nuts, cookies, coffee, and drinks for us as well as the computers. That was really nice!

Thank god i had a nice warm sleeping bad, it was REALLY cold, but the awesome breakfast they had set up for us was so good! Beyond what i thought i was going to get.

They had trouble getting the ride running in the morning, which wasn't a big deal to me, i didn't mind at all. We just had gotten 90 minutes the night before! already more than promised with my $50. I got 2 rides before the mob came up the hill to ride.

This one blew my mind, our little red dragon wrist bands were good to go up the flash pass line ALL DAY! With them grouping in the station we were making it on every 3rd or 4th train! So pretty much they gave us ALL DAY ERT on the ride. People in line were jealous, I would be too! All in all i got 25 rides and i was done!

X2 was AMAZING rode great for the most part, had only 2 'bad' rides which were still better than the old X. It was as smooth as your going to get with how aggresive the ride is. There is no way it could be any better with all the weight thats going around the tracks.

The audio made the ride for me, every choice of music fit great. I especially loved the "Gooooiiinngg doown" part. Also the 'everybody in' thing was cool, along with the 'X2' being repeated im sure it got people pumped up to ride it. The fire was also very good. After riding 20 times i got a ride with no audio and it was amazing how much better it is with it. They took the train with the audio problems off pretty fast. 20 minutes in all after having to cycle the ride empty a few times. Dispatch times were impressive, im sure if people got off faster we would have seen an empty station quite often. I know some of the times when i was riding going over the transfer track i could hear the other train start to go up the lift.

The line looked great! The videos they had people doing crazy stuff and getting hurt was getting some good reactions. I didn't get much chance to see it all, but on my next visit when i gotta wait i sure will. The wait was about 3 hours for it being all the way down the bridge is not bad! Every train of riders were very excited when they got back, no bad complaints. Im sure they all forgot about waiting the 3 hours for it.

I couldn't ask for anything more, i could write on for hours on how much good stuff i saw yesterday. Thank you MM and everyone involved! Especially the employees that worked lat and extra time for us, they all were smiling the whole time! Good to see!

Even after riding 25 times, i cant wait to go back and ride it again!

All the people complaining about $50 being to much you missed out BIG TIME

Also the 'everybody in' thing was cool

"Is everybody in?" -- is that what it was? Jim Morrison of The Doors saying it? Anyone know for sure?

Yep that's the one. It fits really good. The ceremony is about to begin.

Coasters that have the onboard audio make the ride more fun, but I feel that X2 has taken this idea to a new level. It isn't just a coaster anymore. It is an entire expericence. I think that SFMM now has a ride comproble to Disney attractions, as far as telling a story. It is the difference between Big Thunder Mountain and Gold Rusher. You are immeresed in the X2 story from the moment you enter the queue line. Even though I have had no direct hand in the transformation, I have never been more proud to be part of the Six Flags family.

^ I agree with that, X2 isn't just "A Ride" anymore. I can just imagine a first time rider on X2 that has never been on the ride before, think of everything that is going through their mind from watching the monitors in line, to hearing the ride climb the lift hill. And once they are on the ride hearing the audio and all the sayings going up the lift hill.

And just imagine the surprise on first time riders who aren't paying attention and have no idea that there is fire on the ride. It is just incredible! I feel honored just to be a part of the rides re-opening!

John

I have a question: Does anyone know how much it costs to do the fire effect? like do they use gas every time to do it, that just seems like it would cost a lot with gas prices the way they are. I mean on a slow day, will they be wasting the fire effect? Im just wondering

It's the: Just To Rub It In Your Face Some More X2 Campout Trip Report!

Because you all already know every awesome detail lets just get to the pictures:

For the night ERT, it was funny to see how caught off guard we were. Jennifer and I as well as several others were wearing pajama pants on X2!

Although my friend Cassi and I were late checking in, we were excited to get our 1 night ride in!

We stopped at Wendy's before hand, not expecting to be wined and dined. Hmmm...X to the y power? I don't think so!

The next morning Robb dressed up for breakfast. Fanny pack AND backpack! (Yes it was cold that morning.)

Jay welcomes us to an awesome breakfast.

Jennifer obsesses over her muffin top....

Neal allows us all to brag to the guests who wait behind the gates. Don't be hatin'

Cassi and I get our front row ride. I always wondered how crappy I would look with 3 hours of sleep and getting onto a coaster...

After our two rides, this was the queue line.

"Yeah dude, we so should have gone to the campout!"

Cassi says: "It was well worth it!"

It keeps going, and going...

Here is the end of the line after the park was open for 10 minutes. "This line seems kinda long for the bathroom, doesn't it?"

Thank you the ENTIRE Six Flags Family who worked the event and helped with the Extreme Makeover: Coaster Edition. You are all "Type X"!

It was great to meet everyone who went, and awesome to see some of you again!