TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain X2 Campout!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday on Memorial Day I saw Jay and Neil walking through the park together. They were even picking up trash! They had those sticks with grabbers at the end. Are they nice and approachable people?

On X2, Jack Nicolsen says "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!"

If you are under the chainlift you can hear Enter Sandman.

On X2, Jack Nicolsen says "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!" If you are under the chainlift you can hear Enter Sandman.

They really hit a home-run with the audio. I thought it would be a bunch of crappy techno music that nobody likes but instead they actually picked good music that everybody at least recognizes. The only way they could have topped that is if they had X2 Karaoke.

How loud are the speakers on X2? Is it like "can barely hear it" or is it "so loud, you cna hear it if you stand under the ride"?
They r so loud that they r loud when your on the ride!!

They also did a great a job on the FX for the ride! The only thing is they need to change what plays on the Plasmas in the queue area. Maybe on-ride footage?!

Don't know if this has been asked but... can you feel the heat of the flames?
DEFINATLY YOU CAN ALSO HEAR THE BURNING OF THE PROPANE FOR THE FLAMES! THE funny thing is if you look from the side where you walk up the steps to get in the station you can see a big black propane tank! It's funny!

I thought it would be a bunch of crappy techno music that nobody likes but instead they actually picked good music that everybody at least recognizes.

I remember at WCB Tim mentioned how he really disliked the techno music and wanted to try something else. I mean, how many queues can we have with techno blasting all day long? Riddler's and Scream are enough to get in your head all day long.

^ Hey, welcome to TPR. I see that you are a new member so thanks for posting, but I should mention that you probably should re-read the posting rules:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21962

When it comes to making a post, please be sure to use the "edit" button instead of double posting, and don't post for posting sake.

Again we know that you are a new member so it does take a little bit of time to learn the ropes around here, so thanks for joining up.

~Matt

^It is all mixed, which they did a great job in doing.

That would be interesting though, one train playing Frank Sinatra the whole ride, almost erie, slow mellow music while your getting tossed around in every which direction.

^It is all mixed, which they did a great job in doing.

That would be interesting though, one train playing Frank Sinatra the whole ride, almost erie, slow mellow music while your getting tossed around in every which direction.

Oh geez, you see the thing is...I'm going to attempt to recreate X2 on RCT3 and I was wondering if anyone has the lyrics or how the music is set-up so that I can do an accurate recreation.

^ Dude, I see that you are a new member so thanks for posting, but I should mention that you probably should re-read the posting rules:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21962

When it comes to making a post, please be sure to not post for posting sake. Quoting just to quote is pointless.

Again we know that you are a new member so it does take a little bit of time to learn the ropes around here, so thanks for joining up.

Thanks,

Matt

So...how does the music go on this ride? From the YouTube videos, this is what I was able to conjure up:

-At the beginning, Frank Sintra plays until it gets stopped on the chain lift.

-On the chain lift, the beginning part of Enter Sandman plays.

-Halfway up, it switches to a heartbeating sound while somebody is counting down.

-At the top some guy sounds "We are high up!"

-And then...GOOOOIIINNNNGGGG DOWN!

And then after that, wind gets in the way that's its impossible to hear the music. Anyone want to help me, please?

just rode it today. Definitely still feels like the old X, but the changes really do bring new life to the ride. The queue signage and monitors are a nice addition, but today 30 min after the park opened the line was 2 hours, so i was watching movies on my ipod touch instead of the tvs, but they were doing pretty good on the dispatches, almost to the point where trains were hardly stacking. I timed about 4 minute dispatches with 2 train op. The change in loading and unload plus the grouper with no preffered seating really does help, as we only ending up waiting an hour and a half. When we got to the entrance the queue was full, and as we progressed into the line they actually were even using a large portion of the switchbacks, so a full queue with switchbacks and only 90 min wait, is very impressive for that ride. They also had mechanics over on the transfer track checking out the 3rd train as well so we may see it soon.

Ok, the station audio track with the guy repeating "is everybody in, e v er y b o d y i n..." that needs to go. It's pretty much the most annoying thing I've heard for queue music. The female X2 voice is also pretty annoying. I do think it adds that extra bit of ominous tone to the ride though, so maybe just try to cut down on the amount of repitition.

Ok the ride itself....

Like i said earlier, feels exactly the same as before, and actually today i got off of it and my upper back was hurting, and it still hurts this moment so the ride did something to me, not sure how serious it is yet if at all, but bottom line, still rough. I rode second row lift side outer seat. The onboard audio was better than i thought. Nice and loud, and crisp. Favorite part is definitely Enter Sandman as you climb the lift. Gotta admit wasn't paying too much attention to it after the "Gooooiiinnngggg Ddddoooowwwnnn" part. The fire effect definitely wasn't near as intense as I thought it would be, but being toward the front of the train I think it's much more effective if you ride in the rear of the train.

All in all, X2 delivers a much better overall experience than the orginal, and I can't wiat till I'm there next time to ride it

Ok, the station audio track with the guy repeating "is everybody in, e v er y b o d y i n..." that needs to go. It's pretty much the most annoying thing I've heard for queue music.

NOOOOO! That's Jim Morrison of The Doors. I thought it was very appropriate. "Is everybody in?"...secured in their seats. "The ceremony is about to begin!" Great build up, and a nice surprise for Doors fans.

It doesn't need to go so much as they need to cut down on the number of times they play it. I'm not sure but in the 3 train wait we had in the station I must have heard that same thing close to 20-30 times, i can't even count how many times i heard the X2 whisper voice.

Just to clarify something, when you are just cresting the lift hill, the voice doesn't say "We are high up", it says "We are un-hooked". Basically this happens right when the train is disengaging from the chain lift, so it is appropriate.

I thought X2 was way better and smoother than the old X. I used to not be able to handle X more than about two times per trip, but at the campout, I did 8 with no problem. At night with all the effects running it was the most extreme experience I've ever had! And I couldn't believe the red carpet that SFMM laid out for us. Thank you so much to Jay, Niel, and Tim for all they did to make this such a special experience for all of us. The park has never looked so good and never run better than it does right now! You guys rock!

Jeff