TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

On Ride Photo Bandits

Have you ever purchased a complete stranger's on-ride photo because you thought they were hot?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever purchased a complete stranger's on-ride photo because you thought they were hot?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but I would/have considered it

^So not to flame or argue, the reason that I said that TPR had lost it's sense of humor is because anytime anyone who is not well known or part of the "clique" post something slightly controversial, they get destroyed by everyone. It seems like their might be a slight elitist attitude among some members and that's cool, but leave that inside and don't bash everyone for what they say, it's makes some of the post that could be great discussions turn into complete crap because everyone jumps on the "bandwagon." Not so much that TPR has lost it's sense of humor, more like bullying of people for just expressing their idea whether others agree with it or not.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ There's a difference between something "controversial" and something that is downright weird and creepy. I find it odd you can't see the distinction in this particular topic, as it's pretty blatant to anyone with a normal sense of reality.

I could understand if you saw this if there was a post where someone liked or disliked a particular ride or something, but COME ON...the dude is asking if anyone had bought photos of complete strangers for their own enjoyment. That's weird to anyone.

It conjures images of that Robin Williams film, what was it, One Hour Photo?? Where he processes people's films but makes a copy for himself and stalks and kills them - not very nice at all.

If it had been the two chicks who flahsed their boobies on my train on Son of Beast, maybe, but otherwise - a bit scary.

Yeah, haha i agree that is kind of creepy and stalkerish thing to do. . .

However I have a funny story about it.

While i was at SFMM with my older brother and a good friend of his they both contemplated doing this, and this was four months ago. There were some really attractive girls that rode Scream! with us just a few cars back and walking past the photo booth they noticed them as we stopped to look at our photos. They jokingly asked if they could buy their picture. It was pretty funny. This reminded me of that!!

But seeing as how you did it when you were younger, it's not too big of an issue but still kinda creepy.

^So not to flame or argue, the reason that I said that TPR had lost it's sense of humor is because anytime anyone who is not well known or part of the "clique" post something slightly controversial, they get destroyed by everyone. It seems like their might be a slight elitist attitude among some members and that's cool, but leave that inside and don't bash everyone for what they say, it's makes some of the post that could be great discussions turn into complete crap because everyone jumps on the "bandwagon." Not so much that TPR has lost it's sense of humor, more like bullying of people for just expressing their idea whether others agree with it or not.

First with the humor thing and now with this "clique" crap. I knew no one on this site before I joined. I went on some trips, posted some stuff and made some friends. You want to know how I did it? I acted like myself. I didn't try to hard to be funny, I didn't say creepy stuff to people, I didn't assume that jokes between friends on the site were also appropriate to use on people I don't know. Bottom line this isn't high school. People on this site aren't friends because they play football together, or play in the band. They are friends because they have stuff in common and generally enjoy each other's company. When did finding people you like become a negative? The people on the TPR trips come from many different walks of life and seem to display none of this negative attitude that people keep mentioning on here.

As a definite outsider who has become somewhat of an insider you could not be more wrong. If that is truly how you feel then maybe this isn't the place for you. As someone who defended Lou in her thread it had nothing at all to do with some rumored clique and everything to do with sticking up for my friend.

Rich "Everyone on TPR seems nice unless you are rude, obnoxious, arrogant, never admit you are wrong, or just plain creepy" Bitner

Has anyone in this forum ever even touched a girl? And by touch, I mean from a girl who actually wanted you to touch her...and by a girl who actually wanted you to touch her, I mean anyone not related to you? Gosh, it's scary that somewhere out there, creeps are buying pictures of possible minors on roller coasters just because they think they are hot. It's called the internet people...where there are plenty of girls willing to exploit themselves for your own entertainment. Not girls who don't know that there photo from a day at the amusement park is being used for someones "Hot Friday Night" with a microwaved cantaloupe.

I voted no, I haven't even ever considered it. It's bad enough taking a photo of a stranger who you think is hot, let alone paying for one.

I realise the intention of the thread may have been aimed at a more comical response, but I have to agree its a bit creepy.

I don't know why this thread is still open, if I was the origional poster, I'd realize what a mistake it was to post this and be talking to a mod about locking it, to minimize the damage to my character it would already have caused. This is a momentary lapse of reason, and although creepy, I don't think we should hold it against him. Everybody makes mistakes, especially if he was a young gay man trying to deal with the stigma of being a gay man in a straight-dominated society. Although I don't agree with it, I don't believe anybody on this site has the right to judge another. That's my 2 cents, and you can flame me all you want.

-James Dillaman