TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Jahan's Awesome TPR-Midwest Trip Report!

arrowfanman

I'll echo the "people being shocked at Disney when they're told to carry their items" stories. I get so many "I thought it was better to leave our items off the ride!?" everytime I ask a guest to hold onto their backpacks/whatevers.

I was really surprised at this when I was at Cali Adventure this past December. No cubbies or anything for backpacks on California Screamin. Just had to hold between my legs. I was surprised but I liked it.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I LOVE that I don't even have to comment about Disney "Carry-On" procedures! Lot's of support here already! EXCELLENT!

Seriously! Voyage was the most positive memorable wooden coaster experience that I have ever had in my life. I was seriously blown away! My first ride was with GJ, and I don't think I ever apologized to him, because I was LOSING my mind on that coaster! Every other two seconds I was screaming "OMG!!!!", "AHHHHHH!", "WHAT?!!" and "SERIOUSLY!!" GJ please accept my apologies. It truly took my breath away!

Three major moments changed my life on this trip: Pink slide of Death, My MilF Ride with Robb, and my first ride on Voyage! I haven't been the same since!

chuck "wish I was riding V-tastic Voyage!" garcia

For a park that's always being praised for the "politeness" of the employees, it seems like this policy and its enforcement is a dirty little secret that keeps getting swept under the rug.

dt

I'm feeling pretty dumb right now, considering I've NEVER heard about this policy. Maybe I should actually READ TR's instead of just looking at the pics.

I have to say, I still think Holiday World is a must for me at some point in my coaster career. They basically have one wooden coaster for everything (Raven-air, Legend-lats, Voyage-speed). I've just got to get out there some day!

Kudos Jahan! Another one that agrees with your rants about loose articles, and how HW is "Painted Plywood". They should take example of parks like Kennywood, where atmosphere is genuine.

Kennywood, ugh.

I'll wait for that part of Jahan's TR to go any further than that...

For a park that's always being praised for the "politeness" of the employees, it seems like this policy and its enforcement is a dirty little secret that keeps getting swept under the rug.

dt

I'm feeling pretty dumb right now, considering I've NEVER heard about this policy. Maybe I should actually READ TR's instead of just looking at the pics.

I have to say, I still think Holiday World is a must for me at some point in my coaster career. They basically have one wooden coaster for everything (Raven-air, Legend-lats, Voyage-speed). I've just got to get out there some day!

For the HW policy, they are strick about it, but I understand why, if something flew out and hit someone, a lawsuit for this park would be a death blow almost. The reason why you probably never heard of it is because it is pretty much a standard at allot of parks and most of HW's regulars know it. They provide lockable lockers for people to put valueble's in (cameras, rings, cash) if you don't fell comfortable leaving your stuff out for people in the other train ot see. Also, for a possible reason for them not even allowing zipable pockets, maybe it is because if one person sees them allowing that, the next person will go a step further and did it that way just to avoid problems.

Now onto Disney's policy, I was shocked ot hear the ride ops say, put it between your legs. I was making sure my camera bag stayed in place and the bag didn't fall out on loops on coasters because I had a 1200 dollar camera sitting between my legs.

I don't want to contribute to making Jahan's P:TR even more off topic, but...

While I can understand they don't have the money or large corporation behind them to help in case of a lawsuit, it doesn't mean they should be so STRICT. Disney can allow all loose articles on their attraction because they're designed to do so. The sides on CA Screamin' are purposefully tall to hold loose items.

So I can understand large items not being allowed, but items in a pocket, or hats should not be issues. The ride ops should suggest you leave all loose items, but not force such a STRICT policy.

Anyways, I enjoyed the ride selection at Holiday World, but the park and its operations were less than great.

Also, for a possible reason for them not even allowing zipable pockets, maybe it is because if one person sees them allowing that, the next person will go a step further and did it that way just to avoid problems.

Yeah, you really don't want people copying others by safely sealing their belongings in zippered pockets.

^Pretty much summed it up...

-Dane "wish we went to Geauga Lake" Massie

If you thought Kennywood sucked, then I don't think Geuaga Lake would have made you much happier.

Although I'm not sure how anyone could come away from Kennywood saying it sucks, but then again, that's just different strokes from people who want different things out of different parks I guess.

--Robb "KW is one of my favorite parks in the country." Alvey

^^^That happened to me..it was terrible...I'm scarred for life

But anyways, I find it better as a park guest who has never been on the other side of the business to just go with it, if they catch you with stuff out, oh well. I just dont fret and let them get the ride movin, that way I can get through quicker

Sorry, I'm done bein off topic, bring on Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom and Beech Bend!

It didn't meet the expectations I had after being built up so much. The three classic woodies didn't impress me at all. Steel Phantom was pretty awesome, though. I think it was the "fair-like" atmosphere that I didn't like at all. It just wasn't what I was expecting.

However, I'm glad I got to experience what Kennywood had to offer, but I just don't care to go back.

I totally see why Kennywood is liked by many people. It just wasn't what I was expecting.

I said "fair-like" cause I remember it being dirty and kind of ghetto. Maybe "fair-like" isn't the best description...KW may not have even been dirty...It's just how I remember it.

I don't know, I'm even confusing myself...so I'll just shut up now.

I'll leave it at this: KW wasn't my cup o tea...I just didn't like it.

Kennywood is my home park and I agree with everything gotdane said about it, except it being dirty and ghetto. I don't even think I'm going to go to Kennywood this summer, because it's gotten too boring for me. I would have rather driven 2 hours to Geauga Lake, than 15-20 minutes to Kennywood this summer, if GL was still open. One main reason is because I like thrills, and Kennywood isn't about thrills, it's about family. While that's not a bad thing, it just isn't what I'm looking for. It's now been 7 years since Kennywood has gotten a major ride, and frankly, it's gotten to the point where doing the same thing every year has gotten too repetitive and boring. Yeah it's nice to see tradition and the places I went to and things I did when I was a kid, but I'll take a B&M floorless over that any day. I'm glad Parque took over. While they said they were going to keep most of the traditions and values of Kennywood, you can also bet that a big addition is planned, as they also have a business to run.

Great PTR, by the way!

Jahan your views of HW are right on line with mine. It is located in my state yet I have only visited twice, there is nothing really wrong with it, but no real reason for me to go back again this year, or last year.

That makes three of us. Heck, it's the closest park to my hometown, but I've been maybe five times in the last 10 years. I love all the woodies there (nothing but love for Legend), but the rest of the park is fairly bland. The water park would be awesome if it weren't for every freakin' slide having an hour wait and the pavement melting my feet off. I don't know, it's just gone from being a pretty special place to just "meh" for me.

Awesome TR though, Jahan! I must say, I'm in Chuck's boat... I rode Voyage and was mind blown. But man, that thing is really going to suck in a few years. It's kind of a shame.