TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

THE BIG MIKE ROAD SHOW - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PICS ON PG 769

Big Mike, as a Broadway enthusiast as well as a coaster enthusiast, what's your rating on "Avenue Q"? The board of directors over which I preside (for another seven weeks) decided to reward some of our most active members with free tickets to this show during our trip to NYC in early December.

I was pretty excited--but we're having a hard time convincing a few of our members that this is an early Christmas present and not a late trick-or-treat (without the treat). I'm sure if I told them the show came with the Big Mike Seal of Approval, their attitudes would quickly change.

I'm excited to see our brief-but-rewarding Ocean City meet-up is coming up in just three more TRs!

^^ Yes, the zoo was free! You have to see for yourself the outragious costumes these people come up with, its amazing!

^ Avenue Q was pretty cool in my opinion. I also was hesitant on going to see it, but it was funny and entertaining and I enjoyed it and was glad I went to see it.

Peace, Big Mike

Interesting that the Cosmo Town Season Pass is $59.99, the same as Magic Mountain,hmmm

Big Mike, next year you have start planing to come to our Halloween Carneval in West Hollywood. Biggest in the world and if you thought the NY Costumes were crazy... be prepared to enter the next level!lol

Hello Friends!!!!!

The next stop on The Big Mike Road Show 2008 was Adventureland in Iowa!!!

Traveling down from Minnesota got us in late, and Big Mike had a Very Valuable Big Mike Female Reader awaiting his arrival at the hotel, so we also scooted out early.

We did have time to ride all 4 coasters and take some pictures for you to enjoy!

DUCKY GAME UPDATE - The next trip report will be ROUND #4 in the Big Mike Reader of the Year Find the Ducky Contest

Hope you enjoy!

Peace, Big Mike

306.JPG.6e0e35f31b58a79a325d8ca6b9526534.JPG

Just in case you wanted another view! Well we do have a picture of her checking off Iowa on The Official Big Mike Road Show T-Shirt, but she insisted on doing it topless, so that picture is safely stored in the vault at Big Mike World Headquarters! Hope you enjoyed! Peace, Big Mike

305.JPG.2788b1786df22b3e511b2a2cb210b6cb.JPG

Next morning. Long time Big Mike Reader Miss XXX, TPR screen name when she joins "Hot for Big Mike". Another example of Big Mike going out of his way for his valuable readers!

270.JPG.612fa3332166a38171fec84207fad54c.JPG

Time to leave and have a special meet and greet with a valuable Big Mike Reader at the hotel!

275.JPG.6bc3474c7de9b786b377a2c56cf90842.JPG

A few rare night shots on The Big Mike Road Show.

280.JPG.c5884e5c0eb2a01d1cb0cde6fba77196.JPG

One of the coaster lifts.

303.JPG.d4db3a59ed53e6a4a7b6b3aaeee6fff7.JPG

The ferris wheel.

304.JPG.6dc82d6e06df51d3f0d6fe94f5251ee4.JPG

The drop tower beyond the midway.

300.JPG.1d039d0622875c14dc100879406b900d.JPG

A few other rides were lit up for me to take pictures of like this carousel.

292.JPG.c37a366d6bc59da777eae4876d258535.JPG

Lots of fun!

295.JPG.7071a0e2315cec5c969edb154686a1c7.JPG

A pot of gold during the journey.

296.JPG.cccc7ff6956cac3c2f9be1825e0e232c.JPG

We went so far underground that we needed a 2nd lift to get back to the surface!

293.JPG.810d84a8807427dad15d324eb5e42134.JPG

Looks like they are still building in here.

294.JPG.d061c573d2a50854d5c6ead17c15a5be.JPG

The lift.

291.JPG.2838860d54631f735f396a64f2d25265.JPG

Seconds before we go underground!

290.JPG.1cbf3a318e2da5a7544e8c23669da9c1.JPG

The train.

289.JPG.9651bf6a2cfe7714011c9b2296420578.JPG

The queve has a show to watch.

299.JPG.530c404c9ee99b6530bcc2f8f2a4be66.JPG

An extra picture without Big Mike in it for the Theme Park Review Index. Notice the full moon as an added effect.

297.JPG.3956931de09386fc27e3faf78859c4f8.JPG

The Underground! Credit #709 for Big Mike!

288.JPG.d0fb519c0b71bb7362063bb6426ff9a9.JPG

The Train. This was about the time I got a call from the hottie at the hotel telling me that she was waiting for me, so this is the only picture of Outlaw! Sorry :)

287.JPG.26fe01c51f6f070ab51bc6022aaee9c7.JPG

The Outlaw! Credit #708 for Big Mike!

286.JPG.bf8933815b67627630f885e572b7b95b.JPG

The drop is so steep, you can't even see the bottom!

285.JPG.98c5370cf0533a29974d4908f0b83bf7.JPG

I will remain seated for this, it was fun. Now if it was The Dragon again, I would hop out.

283.JPG.35eb6bd3f5e6ffa96e9c82c1cbc29d42.JPG

The lift.

282.JPG.4940a5ba1dc3eec54779b679747955e7.JPG

When the Big Mike Road Show rolls into town, everyone wants to be in the picture, including the next 3 rows.

281.JPG.f00942eb6f54fc43d0d1eee6a70fe36e.JPG

The train.

278.JPG.9d0d5eba7f41cff812c731026c7e52c1.JPG

Tornado! Credit #707 for Big Mike!

273.JPG.d61d8f6133f1e1d6279cbfe960113252.JPG

The train. This ride hurt like crazy, so this is the only picture displayed in protest of my distaste for it.

271.JPG.8cceb5e9b56b98feb10693259abb6ba5.JPG

The Dragon! Credit #706 for Big Mike!

268.JPG.c088ce34bc9573177fae2970f70f7702.JPG

Park map!

267.JPG.6eeb951f8d6a790ca297d7d85063ea64.JPG

Prices!

266.JPG.9d922a9bdd6865ae3a0d1727f97f31bc.JPG

Adventureland in Iowa!!!

Did you like the show To Be or Not to Be? Not sure if I can make it to that before it closes, but I'm curious how it was. I'm kind of disappointed I never got around to seeing Fault Lines - I really like Josh Lucas! Always glad to see Broadway shows appear in the Road Show thread.

To be or Not to be was enjoyable to watch, but not exactly "Broadway" caliber, even though it is considered a Broadway show. I did laugh a lot, so it was entertaining enough to make me happy.

I thought Fault Lines was one of the best shows I have seen in a long time, extremely well done with its twist and turns and acting. It is also in a beautiful neighborhood!

It is only a matter of time until we bump into each other since we belong to the same club for tickets

Thanks for the compliments!

Peace, Big Mike

Hi Big Mike-

How is the weather down there in the Top 20, it is getting a little chilly up here in the TOP 15!

-Shane

How dare you mock the great BIG MIKE ROAD SHOW 2008 thread! No one can come close to the greatness that is this thread and Big Mike.

It's OK, Shane is a really good friend of mine and I do my fair share of teasing him in his thread also

Even with an appearance of Leno, throwing some bikinis in the thread, the Friends, Family, and Loved Ones LIVE from Mainland Europe, The Find the Ducky Game, ect... I still can't compete with all these special mini series, the super fancy Shanes Amusement Attic logo, and he obviously has someone on the inside here bribed because as soon as he Shane posts ANYTHING, he gets a spot on the front page lol.

Can Shane's Amusement Attic Season #2 end anytime soon???

Well Shane and ALL the Valuable Big Mike Readers, WE DO HAVE GREAT NEWS ANYWAY!!!!

THE BIG MIKE ROAD SHOW 2008 THREAD HAS HIT 200,000 VIEWS!!!!!!

This is fantastic news and I owe it all to the super, incredible, fantastic, great, tremendous, and also loving and caring Valuable Big Mike Readers, which have grown in numbers and all joined together to form one HUGE tight solid family here on Theme Park Review!!!

We have had Valuable Big Mike Readers in the past few months post thier own first trip reports, find brand new never seen before coasters, make thier first posts ever on TPR, AND MUCH MORE... all while thanking The Big Mike Road Show for being the inspiration!!!!!

This is the absolute best feeling in the world when I get response like that, because I know I am making a difference and contributing to this wonderful website for Robb and Ellissa, which is my ultimate goal

So, with all this being said, it is a great time right now for The Big Mike Road Show and all the readers, not only for being in the TOP 20, not only for just hitting the 200,000 view blockbuster barrier, but also for it being time for THE 4TH ROUND OF THE BIG MIKE READER OF THE YEAR FIND THE DUCK CONTEST!!!!!!!!

TOMMOROW, Round #4 of the Find the Ducky Contest will be posted!!! There are 20 Valuable Big Mike Readers left in the contest for a free 2009 season pass and Round #5 will only accept 12 of them, so 8 more readers will be eliminated this weekend!!!

Be ready Remaining Readers, The World's of Fun Trip Report posts tomorrow, and I MUST say, you don't want to miss this report even if you are not in the contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This next trip report is where The Big Mike Road Show turned the corner of being just another thread in the masses of TPR to becoming a legitimate FAMILY of Friends and Loved Ones as this was the first time EVER that a fellow Theme Park Reviewer took Big Mike in and let me swim in thier pool, cooked me my favorite meal, and let me sleep over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This got the ball rolling for 4 more awesome people to also let Big Mike into thier homes for the rest of the year which is beyond what words could say to thank them!

Not that this whole rambling is enough, but we do have one extra special treat coming your way in the next report too!!!

There has been a MASSIVE show of displeasure aimed at the ban of bikinis in The Big Mike Road Show and I feel really bad that I cannot bring The Valuable Big Mike Readers the joys and happiness they fully deserve, BUT......

Not only did they put me up in thier house, let me swim, cook me dinner, ride with me at the park, and be super cool, Jeffrey actually snuck away with my camera and took a picture of April in her bikini and has given his blessing to share it with all of the Valuable Big Mike Readers!!!!

I told you they were super cool!!!!

Jeffrey even certifies that she is old enough to be in the picture just in case there is ANY question about her age like last time's debacle

So please, Don't miss the next trip report everybody and I will even throw in the brand new coaster PROWLER announcement while I was there!

THANKS to everyone who has helped the Big Mike Road Show reach 200,000 views and make it into the Top 20 threads!!!

We will make the Top 15 to join Shane one day soon, but always remember, Shane's Amusement Attic has been around since wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in 2007 while The Big Mike Road Show is the fresh new face and rookie thread of the year just started almost yesterday here in 2008

Love to all of The Big Mike Family of Readers!!!

Peace, Big Mike

An Important Message from Shane's Amusement Attic:

Congratulations to Big Mike for breaking the 200,000 views barrier. Yes it is a wonderful accomplishement, I remember when I hit 200,000 views months ago, it was a wonderful feeling!

With that being said I must say that I love to razz Big Mike about being behind me in the ratings but it is NEVER mean spirited. We have a healthy competition going on and I have to say the winners are all those that click into our threads.

I think this is a wonderful thread and I check into it daily as I am sure he does to mine (right Big Mike?) While I am currently ahead in the ratings I must give Big Mike credit for being in both the Top 20 views and the Top 20 comments. I have a long way to go before I break into that Top 20. (please feel free to leave more comments in "the attic" even if they are pointless...lol)

Yes I am resorting to tricky gimmicks like my Kennywood Memories mini Series and a "Week long look at Knott's" and I will stoop to featuring the first "boobs" in the attic soon! But I see the same thing going on here (how about that poll about Big Mike's Road Trip Season 2, was that the biggest gimmick to get comments or what?)

Congrats Big Mike!

This comment was approved by me, Shane Huish

It's OK, Shane is a really good friend of mine and I do my fair share of teasing him in his thread also

Ummm....nevermind.

I really do appreciate when The Valuable Big Mike Readers stand up and voice their displeasure at the haters, but Shane is not one of them.

Since you didn't know, I thank you anyway!

Shane, that was very excellent and funny while also being very complimentary! You are a very cool dude!!!

Scott, until you show me proof like I showed you, it is a JERSEY.

I will post the remaining contestants when I get home from work late tonight!

Peace, Big Mike

PS- I know I don't help my chances of passing Shane when I keep viewing his mini series. But they are so awesome!

Glad to see the road show doing so well and the jabs between you and Shane are a hoot! Good laughs!

Some new type of Super Hero.

The guy in the pic is wearing armor from War Hammer 40K. It's a fantasy/strategy role playing game, kinda like D&D. Yes, your world is complete now. Lol!

As for sweater vs. jersey, it's a tomayto, tomauto thing. We called 'em both when I played. Guess it depends on the region.

Anyway congrats on another milestone!

Thanks for the kind words Big Mike!

Parker still tells everyone about the time you were here!

Yes, my wife is of age, she wont say what age, but it above 21

I interpreted for Obama the other day, and had some time to meet with him, I gave you a shout out when I was with him

We cant wait to see our place on the Big Mike Road Show!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo hoo!!!

You are telling me that the soon to be President even knows about The Big Mike Road Show????

That is awesome!!!!!

Thanks Jeffrey

Here are the twenty Big Mike Readers that are still in the Find the Ducky contest:

1. hikaru-chan

2. topthrilldragster

3. stevec

4. beemerboy

5. doubled1

6. bhartley

7. pkimanjz

8. gisco

9. groteslurf

10. geekgrrl

11. majorapple

12. traincrossin

13. coasterdad

14. teamthriller

15. coasterpalooza

16. omnio55

17. tunnellover#1

18. colincoon

19. alpengeist04

20. esvadj

Round #3 will be posted sometime tomorrow or by chance on Friday, be ready and quick as only the first 12 correct answers advance!!!!

Good Luck to all!!!

Peace, Big Mike

I think if the tour takes me in that area in 2009, I can manage to squeeze him in!

It is always good to have a President as a Valuable Big Mike Reader, that way he can pardon me if I get in trouble for taking hot babe bikini pictures!

Peace, Big Mike