TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Congrats to our own Oscar Winner!

SharkTums

I want to go on a TPR trip so bad. I only ever get to go to parks with GP-type friends. Although I must say they're very patient when I'm like "LOOK! A first-gen Freefall! Let me take 100 photos! Okay, now get one with me and the operator! Let's pretend it's the Edge!"

[/i]

The Europe trip has spots open and it has INSANE ERT:

- Parc Asterix - ERT on Tonerre De Zeus & Trace Du Hourra

- Bobbejaanland - ERT on 7 different coasters & Rides!

- Toverland - ERT on Troy, Booster Bike, and more

- Drievliet - ERT on Formule X

- Walibi World - ERT on Goliath & Robin Hood

- Heide Park - ERT on Colossos & Desert Race

- Movie Park Germany - ERT on several rides & Coasters

- Tripsdrill - ERT on G'sengte Sau

- Holiday Park - ERT on Expedition GeForce

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ OK, orange. But a funny fact: at one time, Calfornia's first-generation Intamin freefalls were the same colors as Gumby and Pokey---The Edge was Pokey, and SFMM's Freefall had been repainted in its teal green color!

Eric

I have NOTHING written for the University of Florida talk as of this moment-- seriously, I need to prepare something!-- so don't be surprised if it veers off into random coaster talk.

"Uh, and follow your dreams and, uh...and uh...LASER RULES!"

I have NOTHING written for the University of Florida talk as of this moment-- seriously, I need to prepare something!-- so don't be surprised if it veers off into random coaster talk.

You could turn it into a plea to save old Schwartzkopf rides from extinction, while Erik shouts, "Hear! Hear!"

Well, the above is already better than just about any lecture I heard in college. Though the one about how you really needed to take a lot of acid to appreciate poetry is going to be tough to beat.

Yeah, I had some really interesting professors...

dt

Do it Andy Kaufman style. Read The Great Gatsby in its entirety to the students.

I am sure you will have a nice time during your visit to Gainesville as the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts is a really nice facility. And if you happen to have any interest in butterflies check out the museum right next door as they have one of the world's largest collections. During your speech if you ever do get stumped on what to say all you need to do is yell, "Go Gators!" It would be an easy way to burn about 60 seconds, as everyone in the audience will be clapping and cheering. I am sure you can also say, "It's great to hate Florida State" to burn an additional 60 seconds.

Just to let you know that Gainesville is about a 2 hour drive to either Orlando or Tampa. So if you were going to have time to hit any the parks this week you will not have to travel too far, though they will be on the crowded side since a lot of kids are out of school for Spring Break. Anyways, I will be looking forward to tomorrow evening and I promise, if they do have a Q&A session, not to ask you a really dorky coaster question.....well maybe not too dorky.

There's a few things you can do...

- Makes jokes about FSU

- Or recite things from these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBdVpNc9BZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tXhJniSEc

^I think everyone who's been on the boards for over a year has, at one point, has said that or repeated it multiple times... it never works!

Dan "Maybe all those caption games were his own personal 'sad and pathetic' creative outlet? " Smith

While brief, it is always cool to meet other TPR members. Thanks for spending your time visiting our town as we all had a good time. I thought some of the questions or comments that the moderator brought up were a little strange (or in your own words...lame), but at least we did get a little bit of coaster talk thrown into the mix. You did ask me what I thought about Kingda Ka before you headed on out to a late dinner. While I think it is a fun ride, I really do prefer Top Thrill Dragster. TTD has a better more forceful launch, is smoother, and only has lap bars for restraints. But again, you do have El Toro just right next door to Kingda Ka.

Okay. Jason Bateman and Jennifer Garner play a married couple in the film. It's obvious Diablo Cody didn't write Mr. Bateman's character to be loathesome, as he was written to be "cool as can be." However, his character is absent from the third act. We were told of marital problems, but I am surprised he never returned. Furthermore, we were made aware that Juno gave birth to a boy, which would be adopted by the now-separated Garner.

So...as cool as Bateman's character might have been, was Diablo Cody telling us that men/fathers are unnecessary in the raising of a child? The child could have just as easily been written to've been a girl, but the fact it was a boy raises that question, especially. Does a child, boy or girl, only need a mother? Ms. Cody?