TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Amitityville Horror 7/10

To pump us up a bit for Halloween, we decided to watch this movie. If I'm not mistaken it's a remake of an earlier version, so I'm pretty sure we saw the remake of a few years ago.

Loved the scene where Jodie puts the babysitter's finger in the bullethole in her head. The atmosphere was there, but overall didn't really like this movie.

Pursuit of happiness : 8/10

I'm not a fan of this kind of melodrama movies nor am I a fan of Will Smith. But his acting in this movie was quite ok. At several times, I really 'felt' the moneyproblems they were having.

The Queen : 7.5/10

Kings & queens belong in storybooks. That's how I feel about kingdoms. As this movie was not giving a very positive view of the Queen of England and certainly not about here husband, I liked this movie. Helen Mirren was great as the queen.

^ Loved that movie when I saw it in the 80s.

The Holiday : 8.5/10

This was a great feel good movie. If it was up to me, I wished the movie was a few hours longer.

Little Miss Sunshine : 8.5/10

Also an excellent movie. I LMAO with some of the conversations. The ending was brilliant.

Quarentine

Ok..enough with the remakes....now i have seen the orignal [REC] and it is a VERY scarry movie. And going in I thaught it was going to be a complete peace of crap, lame ,ect. and commoing out of it ........i......like it. Really? a remake i like? i cant beleve it but its actually good.

its everything that the orignal had and its still scary. They only changed like 4 things so that its a shot-per-shot remake.

The only problem is that the camera is TOO shakey...now I love Cloverfield and The Blair Witch Project and tis one is too shakey.....for example if we need to read something for a plot hole to be filled in we can't.....just stop zooming in and shaking.!!

overall a good, solid movie that is scary enough to make me scream and jump.

9/10

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

It was nice to see a light and fluffy movie as of late. It was also miles better than the book as its flow was improved as a movie.

Michael Cera is also a comic genius in my opinion. He may not have the same awkward comedy in this movie as say Arrested Development but he pulls it off very well.

9/10

W

I loved it. It isn't a comedy, nor is it really a criticism of George W. Bush. It is mostly a bio about his life. It goes back and forth in between the early 2000's and the 1960's-1990's. He just wasn't meant to be president, he was in way over his head, and he just blindly followed his advisers. Josh Brolin, and also the actors who played Laura Bush, Dick Cheney, and George H.W Bush all did a great job. It was authentic, believable, and at times, symbolic.

Bridges

Great movie for a rainy day. This is not a movie for those who enjoy sunshine, cute puppies and soft pillows. It is a very dark and morbid film that documents the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge for a few months. Every day they sit and wait nearby for people that they believe that may jump. If they do jump they find out their names, interview the people closest to them when they jumped and their family to see what kind of life they lived. Good movie that makes you really wonder 4/5.

I also recommend Manic, sehr gut.

Just watched Saw 5 last night. I went to the midnight premier. It was cool, a couple of scaractors were there promoting Scarowinds, scaring people outside of the theatre, and a local news group was handing out free movie posters. Now, about the movie, IMO it was the best one since 2. It tied all of the previous movies together and answered how it was done. After all that, it still left the ability for more sequels completely open. It ends in the style of every Saw film before it. I give it a 4/5. Still the best horror franchise.

Saw 5

Just went to see Saw 5, along with a theater with 9 other people who also have nothing better to do on a Friday afternoon. I love quiet theaters =]

IMO it was okay, although the plot was surprisingly straightforward with no really confusing twists at the end etc. I did watch the other 4 Saws in the last 7 days which helped, since previously I watched Saw 4 ages after the other 3 and forgot who everyone was, hence my being confused at the end of 4. Whilst predictable to a point, I did like the ending (not as much as the end of previous ones though) and as ^ said it leaves a sequel wide open.

A fair bit of blood a LOT of backstory, showing parts of the other films and adding a few extras in aswell. The first scene was very greusome, but yes, I enjoyed it. I'd say fans of the films will probably like it, if you havent seen the others you'll probably be confused since it references the previous films a lot.

Overall not bad, but not brilliant. I was expecting far more of the twists etc and they didnt come. I guess the general format is getting a bit old, plus I thought the gory part of the storyline with the tests is a bit pointless, with the exception of how the film ends. Nowhere near as clever as the previous films.

I'll still go and watch 6 next year though.

6.5/10

Sex Drive: 7/10

My friend and I went to see this last night and going in, I wasn't expecting much other than a Eurotrip wannabe. Despite the very similar story lines, this movie was actually quite funny. There really was never a long break between laughs and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. If you are into the comedy seen in Eurotrip, Superbad, etc. then you should go see this movie. There are a lot of bad reviews of it going around, but I think they are unjustified. You just need to take it for what it is and have a good time while doing so.