TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Hancock

Personally, I thought this movie was brilliant. Not as good as, say, Batman Begins or Wall-E, but it was a great movie. It's funny, has great action, and Will Smith does an amazing job as the title character. In my opinion, the length was just right at 90 minutes, like what movies used to be... nevermind. I like the movie, but I can understand why some critics didn't like the twists and feel towards the end of the movie, which in my opinion, were kind of abrupt and strange. It was good, but not great. I recommend it though, but it's definitely not suitable for children.

RATING: 8/10

It's one of the most awaited movie of next year - if not THE most. It will be also the big return of the director who did the most successful movie of all time. And it will also be a technological feat.

James Cameron's "Avatar" will be release in 3D - and a "special" 3D, developed by Cameron and his team. As a matter of fact, there will be more than one technological innovations as revealed slashfilm.com.

As for the story, here is the synopsis:

In a distant future, humanity discovers the planet 'Alpha Centauri B-4', and for those scientists and astronauts who've traversed the gulf between neighboring suns and arrived on its alien soil know it as 'Pandora'. A world filled with an incredible diversity of beautiful and deadly ammonia-breathing lifeforms. Its also a world that harbors treasures and resources almost beyond price. But just as the original Pandora's Box wrought devastation on those who would use it for their own gain, so too this world may destroy not just the Pandorans home, but ours as well.

Avatar is the story of a wounded ex-marine, thrust unwillingly into an effort to settle and exploit an exotic planet rich in bio-diversity, who eventually crosses over to lead the indigenous race in a battle for survival.

Below, here is a concept sketch for one of the alien creatures from Avatar

Avatar will use so many innovations and had a such long development - not to mention that its release date has moved from May to December 2009 - that we can be sure that James is not going to fail his comeback in SF movies..."It is the most challenging film I've ever made," Cameron said, and for sure we believe him. D&M will keep an eye on it and let you know more as soon as news will be available!

Artwork: copyright James Cameron

Looks interesting! Anyone know more?

All that's really been released is that both of those pics are fake.

Not a single image has been released.

They are being very secret about it.

But it WILL be one of the biggest movie of all time!

James Cameron is back!

But it WILL be one of the biggest movie of all time!
That's a mighty big statement there.

And I mighty will stand by it! ( )

Cameron has the number one movie of all time, and is spending close to 3 years just on the special effects!

He already spent years on pre production!

And with a budget around 250 million, and many people saying that the special effects are the most groundbreaking of all time, I tend to thing it will to good!

(Sorry about my little rant there!)

Just Saw Mummy 3: The Quest for a Good Script.

What the hell happened to this movie?

This was the only disappointment of the year for me!

The action was boring, the script was very bad, and the humor was horrible!

At least sommers could make you laugh while having some decent action!

And the Yeti's were horrible! (it saddens me to say that!)

Seriously, the prolouge was to long, the climax was just CG fighting, not entertaining.

This is the only movie lately where I actually checked the time!

3/10

Cameron has the number one movie of all time, and is spending close to 3 years just on the special effects!

I assume you're talking about the all time highest grossing movie, right? Titanic?

Actually, the fair way is to adjust for inflation. If that's the case, it would be #6 all time.

Anyway, I don't think this movie will appeal to as wide array of movie goers as Titanic did, therefor IMO won't come close to being one of the biggest movies of all time. For the record, my definition of one of the biggest all time movies would be $400 million plus.

My domestic box office predictions for August 8-10.

1. Pineapple Express - 29.0

2. The Dark Knight -28.7

3. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - 18.6

4. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 - 12.8

5. Step Brothers - 9.1

6. Mamma Mia! - 8.2

7. Journey to the Center of the Earth - 4.7

8. Hancock - 3.6

9. Swing Vote - 3.4

10. Wall-E - 2.9

1)The Dark Knight WB $26.1

2 ) Pineapple Express $23.2

3) The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor $16.5

4) The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 $10.6

5) Step Brothers Sony $9.1

6) Mamma Mia! $8.2

7) Journey to the Center of the Earth $4.8

8) Hancock Sony $3.3

9) Wall-E $3.1

10) Swing Vote $3.1

My best one so far, I got 90%.

--Jay

Dark Knight-10/10

Greatest movie ever, this was no doubt the most amazing movie I have ever seen. Heath Ledger's last movie could not have been greater than this, lets just hope the third one will be just as good if not better.

Tropic Thunder-09.99/10

The second-greatest movie ever, this was no doubt the second-greatest movie I have ever seen. I was laughing all through-out this movie, I belive that this will be the comedy of the year. And for all those people for protesting this movie because it's racist or because it says retard a couple times, you don't know what you will be missing.

--CHRIS

Some kind of monster : 9/10

Metallica documentary shot during the period between their previous bassist left the group and their St Anger tour.

I wanted to watch it and fast forward some pieces but I it was very interesting to watch the complete movie.

The part where they were sacking their shrink was a bit painful though.