The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Colts and Chargers always match up well. Oh well.

Anyway, I am now rooting for the Titans. If Dungy retires, oh well, he had a great career. Marvin Harrison did too. The injuries in the regular season did not help.

I will update this thread tomorrow after I get home from my night church. I hope the Chargers fall flat on thier face.

I never get tired of seeing that. Whenever I'm feeling down I just go to this thread, look at those two pictures I'm all better.

--Chris

Romo crying NEVER gets old.

I know that is what makes it so awesome. I just hope I get to see the same thing next year.

I still can't believe that the so called, "P-Money" got the MVP but couldn't even close out against the 'Bolts for the second year in a row. I would have much rather seen the MVP go to someone more worthy of like Chad Pennington. How he turned that team around was amazing. And what did P-Money do besides winning 9 games in a row and then blowing a must-win against the Chargers. Cause I can't think of anything else.

--Chris

^I understood why he wouldn't get it, but he really should have received more votes. without him, they're a 4-12 team at best.

He had the best individual season of anyone in the league, but I guess that doesn't get you the votes you need. As far as I'm concerned, he was the MVP. It wasn't his fault the Saints defense was terrible again.

^Uhm...what game were you watching? Unlike your boy P-money, Rivers was able to lead his team down the field for a game tying FG and the go ahead TD in overtime. He certainly didn't light up the secondary, and was also certainly helped by the Colts inability to stop the run, but he sure did make great throws/decisions when he needed to down the stretch.

Rivers couldn't throw, but he could call the run plays, that was the difference. Indy couldn't stop the run. Chargers was the better team in the end.

When it mattered...

3rd and 21 at IND 43 (6:14) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete short middle to J.Addai.

3rd and 2 at IND 9 (2:30) (Shotgun) P.Manning sacked at IND 1 for -8 yards (T.Dobbins).

1st and 10 at IND 32 (:08) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete deep left to R.Wayne.

Rivers on the other hand? Led his team down the field for the game tying FG and TD. With help from a good run game, but none of that happens without smart QB play.

I'd rather have Pennington holding the Lombardi trophy anyway.

hArd to do that when they won't be playing after this weekend!

I know I'm a little late, but I found this comment funny today. ...since your team will be home watching the playoff games this week too. Go Chargers, Titans, Philly, and Carolina!!!

I'd rather have Pennington holding the Lombardi trophy anyway.

hArd to do that when they won't be playing after this weekend!

I know I'm a little late, but I found this comment funny today. ...since your team will be home watching the playoff games this week too. Go Chargers, Titans, Philly, and Carolina!!!

I never said my team would win, I went in knowing that the way they been playing, Chargers could have (and did) beat them.

As for the funny post, I was right, Miami failed. I am rooting for the Titans to win it all now. As for hte NFC, Giants.