TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Do You Think the New iPod is?

kraken613

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my guess, and there are rumors about this anyway of what will happen. (Got it from macrumors.com)

-Touch screen video iPod with cover flow, osx, and a 480x320 display

-iPod Nano "Phatty" featuring optional bigger storage, and videos. It'll be fatter than the current Nanos.

Mock Up:

Credit goes to Engadget for the photo

-iPod Shuffle Product (RED)

-Possibly wifi and internet browser for the full sized iPod.

-Wireless iTunes store for iPhone

-iPhone ringtones

-The Beatles on iTunes

Sounds like it'll be a huge day for Apple tomorrow!

it will be an ipod that runs a version of MacOS

no offense there pal, but wouldn't that be the iPhone just known as iPodOS?

not really, the plan would be for it to be more of a fully functional computer product. while yes it would be similar to the iphone it would be more like a melding of an ipod, a mini and an iphone. At least if the designs i saw are legit/what is actually produced.

Well, its the fifth, and...well, I have no idea where to find the news...so...

I'm hoping a set of new models. Like 12GB Nanos and 120GB Videos? Or a cross between the two? I'm gettng a 4GB Nano this Christmas (or birthday, whether my parents feel like beating the Day After Thanksgiving crowds or the Christmas shopping crowds).

Or maybe a cross between the two? Maybe iTunes on your iPod?

Or something to counter Zune's "Social" wireless sharing?

Looks like Wes' prediction came true with the iPod Touch. I was considering it until I noticed the space and became a little "Ehh, the space feels kind of constrained, almost like a PSP." Also, as nice as portable web browsing would be (especially on TPR trips), I think a laptop would be better.

The other peeve of the iPod touch would be finger smudges/scratches.

Quick question though, are existing 80 GB models now going to be $249?

Looks like Wes' prediction came true with the iPod Touch. I was considering it until I noticed the space and became a little "Ehh, the space feels kind of constrained, almost like a PSP." Also, as nice as portable web browsing would be (especially on TPR trips), I think a laptop would be better.

Quick question though, are existing 80 GB models now going to be $249?

I said it first! I am so getting an ipod touch.

The screen is so bright finger smudges don't show unless the screen is off. It doesn't scratch very easily at all, and screen protectors are pretty easy to come by.

I'm stumped at which new iPod to get. I have the 4th gen monochrome 40GB iPod that's almost 3 years old yet is fussy, and it'd be nice to hold all my music. I also have the 1st gen iPod nano, which works well now but is obviously outdated. Notice that the new iPods now use Helvetica (a lovely classic font) as its system font, rather than Myriad, which Apple uses in its marketing.

The iPod touch is so impressive for those of us that don't want/need the iPhone but want all the non-phone features and/or no contract, but I'm a bit disappointed at the "touch's" relatively low capacity for the price. However, the features may make up for the lack of capacity, including Safari web browser and the WiFi iTunes store.

The web browser is free just like on a laptop. The itunes store im not sure how it works. I imagine just like it does now with a username and password.

Each time I look at the nano I like it better. And how thin it is makes it even nicer. Still the touch is the best. I think 160gb is crazy in a iPod!

I currently have a 2GB Nano, and the small amount of space will soon become a problem. In the last month alone, I've added over 100 songs to my iPod. I'm not so sure I like the new Nano, however. I have no desire to watch videos, or take up a large chunk of storage space on my iPod, so the extra width for the screen is actually a con in my opinion. The iPod Touch, however, looks very intriguing. When the time comes for me to upgrade my iPod, I may look into getting the Touch.

^ Well the point in getting an iPod touch is that: for the same price you get twice the storage and are not locked into an AT&T contract for 2 years.

By the way, AT&T=Worst provider ever. I would sell my soul before returning to AT&T.

Yea I had Cingular but when they switched to At&t they just suck now. The only reason im still with them is cause of the iPhone.