TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I'm going to suggest you edit your post because you just defeated the purpose of the spoiler box. You may not have given all the details but I'm sure there a people who want to know nothing until they experience it.

But to answer your question, I don't know. They literally just told me "There is a _____________"

EDIT: Thanks.

Haha i don't know how to delete messages so i left at that anyway i tried focusing the message on the spoiler box so people could quickly glance over the message if they didn't want spoilers. (Is there a spoiler box on TPR?) Im way to excited for this ride! I probably wont be able to ride it this hear but it definitely has me thinking on what is inside the dang mountain!

^It's ok....I'm excited too! I want to spill the beans as well! I'm not getting a pass this year so it looks like I'm just going to be watching POV's over and over again.

PS, I couldn't find a spoiler box option so I'm going to assume there isn't one.

Thank god for video recording! Im going to Toronto this summer with the family but i think im gonna have to do some major pulling to go to CW wince we are already going to cedar point and most of them dont like rides :/

^ I thought the same thing when I first heard about it but I'm glad. I'm sure people will love it, especially for those in the peak of lunchtime on International Street. Does anyone know what times the show is playing? Any performances at later times when the lights would be on? It would be pretty cool to see it become a pre-show for Starlight Spectacular.

Has anyone seen Snoopy's Symphony of Water yet? Is it any good?

I watched the show on Monday and it was ok. I find that it was very short, about 5 minutes if that.

It's essentially bits of a few classics songs with snoopy dressed as a conductor and the fountains going off like a mini Bellagio Fountains.

It works though to get people together at the front gates which is where most of the major shops/food stands are and I think that may have been part of it as well.

I think if they lengthened it and perhaps make the fountain sprays larger than they had them it could be a great show.

Has anyone seen Snoopy's Symphony of Water yet? Is it any good?

I watched the show on Monday and it was ok. I find that it was very short, about 5 minutes if that.

It's essentially bits of a few classics songs with snoopy dressed as a conductor and the fountains going off like a mini Bellagio Fountains.

It works though to get people together at the front gates which is where most of the major shops/food stands are and I think that may have been part of it as well.

I think if they lengthened it and perhaps make the fountain sprays larger than they had them it could be a great show.

That's pretty much my thoughts of the singing mushrooms at KD. It's a short show (about 3 minutes) and a lot of people (including me) wish it was longer. The only difference is that I really like the shrooms while you thought your show was alright. But I think the shrooms just have more appeal than snoopy. But ballagio fountains are pretty cool!

^The fountains at night for Starlight Spectacular are amazing, however when the LED lights are off and it's daytime they are missing some pizzazz, hence why I feel they need to go larger than how it's currently set up for the daytime show.

Anyone else catch the fireworks on Sunday? I was truly blown away by the amount of fireworks, length of the show, and especially the quality of the choreography. I have seen a LOT of fireworks shows - nearly every Disney show around the world - and this actually ranks up there among them. Granted, movie soundtracks aren't going to generate the same emotional response that a Disney show does, and the large shells weren't "as large" as Disney ones, but the CW show was just as impressive. Hell of a sound system they installed for it as well. It was quite a step up from back in the day when they set off a bunch of shells in seemingly-random order, and would imagine they set the bar for any of the Cedar Fair parks' shows.

CONFIRMED: Wonder Mountain's Guardian will open on Saturday May 24 - As announced on their website.

Canada’s Wonderland is excited to announce the opening of its newest attraction Wonder Mountain’s Guardian on Saturday, May 24, 2014. This innovative new ride will provide a new dimension of thrills that combines the excitement of a roller coaster, 3D animation and an interactive gaming experience.

The journey begins with a perilous coaster climb up the side of the park’s iconic Wonder Mountain, followed by a quick descent into the core of the mountain. As riders enter this cavernous new world of mythical creatures and navigate through five layers of a 4-Dimensional medieval world, they will be in the heat of the battle with guardians of the dragon’s treasure. While immersed in this interactive experience, riders will have an opportunity to showcase their gaming skills as they compete against their fellow riders, in a bid to land a coveted spot in the Wonder Mountain’s Guardian Hall of Fame. The quest will culminate as riders enter the dragon’s lair for the ultimate battle with Lord Ormaar, and experience a heart stopping finale that will shock thrill seekers of all ages

^ It might be because the cars come close to props that are close enough to kick with your foot. Looking at it, though, it looks like it's just a place to mount the gun.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the reports tomorrow. Maybe we can stop dancing around "spoilers".

I am going to try and do a spoiler and non spoiler review tomorrow.

I agree that the station looks amazing. Nice to see they have TV's in there that I can assume will act as a pre-show.

As for the shin guards, I think that due to the coaster elements, potential set pieces, and maybe the 42" height option they are more of a safety than anything else. Potentially could play into the surprise ending as well.

Just noticed the restraints have shin guards. Wonder why so many née coasters are getting them lately ? Could it mean that this ride might be a little more intense than we first thought?

Based off the photo, it looks like the cables for the lasers are running through the guard so that's probably why.

Also, Wonderland has posted a video showing off all the characters....and we won't be killing Herman! There will be another dragon named Ormaar. The animations also look to be very high quality.

I am going to try and do a spoiler and non spoiler review tomorrow.

Wanna take a POV too?

^The park does not authorized on ride footage so no.

When the time comes I will be there for media day and will do what I can then, but I will not break park rules.

I wouldn't want to see POV of a ride like this anyways based off how dark it may be inside, 3d images, etc. Don't think it will translate well.

Any on-ride footage I see of Toy Story Mania or most dark rides makes me question the point of it. Now, if it's a lights on POV, that may be different in regards to quality.

The best way to see this ride is on the train, gun in hand and 3d glasses on!

I now believe in dragons!