TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I thought it would be possible to see this type of coaster that never appeared anywhere yet...

I was really interested by the layout and the features of this ride while I was visiting vekoma's website, and I was wondering if their actual prototype Mega Looping Coaster could be canada's wonderland's next big coaster?

I think the layout matches the space that was closed due to construction, and since Canada's Wonderland brought us the biggest hyper back in 2012, I think they wouldn't decline this first Vekoma MLC project....

Give a look at the layout of this coaster, and hit me up with your thoughts about this...

layout_megaloop.thumb.jpg.2ce7369697deb800c2a5fa1f449f549a.jpg

^I'd never seen that. Honestly I would like to see vekoma doing something like this. I know they get a lot of hate but recently, as far as I know, their rides have been fine, so it's a shame that (apart from the GIBs) they haven't really been building any "big" coasters like this.

I would love to see Vekoma (with there new trains and tracks) start building big loopers and hyper coasters. They always make great layouts, just there old track design and wheel gaps made them seem like bad rides. Could you imagine a modern SLC with outward facing rails. Intense little compact layouts, foot choppers. Come on Vekoma. More motorbikes as well!!!!!

If there is a coaster happening in 2016, then i'd expect it to be a B&M.
I wish Cedar Fair would go with something other than a B&M. They have saturated their parks with B&M Coasters and I'm ready for something else.

I am thinking it could be a Wing Rider, a la Gatekeeper. They took out a unique looping coaster and I think they would want to replace it with another unique looper. I do like the idea of that Vekoma megalooper, but I think CF might stick with B&M, given their recent additions across the parks.

I've been told by park management that they are extremely pleased with the products B&M has given them and look to keep buying from them. Now, that was just during an informal "shoot the breeze" type conversation during last year's GKTW, but take that as you will.

This park is perfect for B&M though. The park is always packed and those rides are people eaters. I'll be happy with whatever we get, so long as it has some inversions. It's been too long since we've seen a new inversion at the park.

I am thinking it could be a Wing Rider, a la Gatekeeper. They took out a unique looping coaster and I think they would want to replace it with another unique looper. I do like the idea of that Vekoma megalooper, but I think CF might stick with B&M, given their recent additions across the parks.

I remember reading somewhere that during an interview with a park rep, they said the Wing Coaster concept isn't what Wonderland is going for....but anything can happen I guess...

I am not a huge wing rider fan but I do support B&M fully. I would love a crazy airtime machine from Intamin or something like Blue Fire but I am not sure, i still keep thinking we are going to end up with a Wing Rider potentially going over parts of White Water Canyon and/or where the Action(less) Theater is.

I actually don't think going over the lake would be that great of an idea, they already have vortex running over the lake. Having too many coasters in one area would ruin the image of a beautiful park. Going into the forest behind splashworks would be visually beautiful and a great place to see it pop out of the forest. What pops up in my head would be those kind of picture like you get of Apollo's chariot

And saturating a park with B&M's is a bad thing? They are reliable, people-eating rides that the General Public seem to enjoy... so why not add more B&M's? I'll take a Leviathan, GateKeeper, Apollo's Chariot or Banshee anyday.
Well, if Cedar Fair is looking at improving multiple parks in one season, B&M is not the right manufacturer for every coaster when every coaster they have constructed has been about $20 million each, and the reason why we have only seen one coaster a year with Cedar Fair for quite some time now. If they are looking at two coasters for two parks, (Valleyfair and CW) they need to look somewhere else for at least one of these coasters that would be more cost efficient.

And saturating a park with B&M's is a bad thing? They are reliable, people-eating rides that the General Public seem to enjoy... so why not add more B&M's? I'll take a Leviathan, GateKeeper, Apollo's Chariot or Banshee anyday.
Well, if Cedar Fair is looking at improving multiple parks in one season, B&M is not the right manufacturer for every coaster when every coaster they have constructed has been about $20 million each, and the reason why we have only seen one coaster a year with Cedar Fair for quite some time now. If they are looking at two coasters for two parks, (Valleyfair and CW) they need to look somewhere else for at least one of these coasters that would be more cost efficient.

I'm seriously not trying to burst your bubble or counter anything you say but Canada's Wonderland is probably going to take up $30 million dollars with this expansion, and my reasonings do make sense;

1- Construction for this ride has started earlier then leviathan and park management has said to expect a "VERY LARGE project and if you see what they've built over the past several years expect innovative and big".

2- Canada's Wonderland is the most attended regional park in North America.

3- they removed a looping coaster from our coaster count and 2016 falls under the every 4 years Cedar Fair adds a big coaster to CW.

Now in support of your idea of Valley Fair getting a big coaster in 2016, you'll notice Cedar Fair didnt build much for 2015 or any big coaster, and our construction here at CW has started really early. So the cost of this 2016 coaster for CW may fall under the 2015 additions cost and not 2016 as they usually have to pay up when construction starts. Just satying that sounds logical but I could be wrong, however I'm sure anyone who follows coaster projects can agree this is going to be a $25 million dollar+ coaster project and I can link you to articles that say this is "A VERY LARGE PROJECT"

I'm seriously not trying to burst your bubble or counter anything you say but Canada's Wonderland is probably going to take up $30 million dollars with this expansion, and my reasonings do make sense;

1- Construction for this ride has started earlier then leviathan and park management has said to expect a "VERY LARGE project and if you see what they've built over the past several years expect innovative and big".

3- they removed a looping coaster from our coaster count and 2016 falls under the every 4 years Cedar Fair adds a big coaster to CW.

Now in support of your idea of Valley Fair getting a big coaster in 2016, you'll notice Cedar Fair didnt build much for 2015 or any big coaster, and our construction here at CW has started really early. So the cost of this 2016 coaster for CW may fall under the 2015 additions cost and not 2016 as they usually have to pay up when construction starts. Just satying that sounds logical but I could be wrong, however I'm sure anyone who follows coaster projects can agree this is going to be a $25 million dollar+ coaster project and I can link you to articles that say this is "A VERY LARGE PROJECT"

Fury 325 is not a big coaster?

Fury 325 is not a big coaster?[/qu

OH SNAP, TOUCHE.

however still doesn't disprove all the stuff happening that CW is getting a massive addition in 2016 so maybe 2 parks will? Read this article I post.

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/1121159/after-29-years-canadas-wonderlands-skyrider-being-retired/