TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

A small part of me wants CW to postpone the announcement for a week just so all of this crazy speculation and coaster nerd arguments can rage on a little longer!

NOOO! The absolute best part comes after the announcement when everyone complains about every single inch of the ride, silly!

Or they could do what gardaland did with raptor and say absolutely nothing throughout the process.

I wonder if B&M would be daring enough to go the extra 3 degrees passed I305's drop and make it a 90 degree drop. Probably not, but maybe we'll have some B&M ejector air on it for a change from the gentle floater that's on B&M hypers.

Actually I could see that happening, what with all of the crazy designs B&M is making lately(even putting an inverting drop on the swarm)and FOUR new projects opening next year.

Does anyone REALLY think it will just be a 70-80 foot taller version of Behemoth? I honestly think that's what this ride is going to be.. How do you market this? Call it google plus?

Chris "I'd still be happy to see a 70 foot taller version of nitro at my home park even if it makes NO sense" Connolly

I heard it's going to have a wooden loop.

Wow, just got in and what a crazy few pages. Glad Canadians were able to make peace....as usual....

Elissa, I'm loving the aqua trax idea! Very fitting! I'm really hoping that this will have something unique either in the layout and/ or trains. I guess the worst that could happen is it being referred to as Blue Behemoth?

Nick, Tim Hortons and back bacon for breakfast?

Just a few hours left!

They say "announcement" tomorrow but that doesn't mean they are releasing the track layout! They could just be releasing the name of the ride and give some information on the track, height, etc.

CF has been pretty consistent with releasing a layout and CG rendered video for new coasters over the past few years of announcements.

They say "announcement" tomorrow but that doesn't mean they are releasing the track layout! They could just be releasing the name of the ride and give some information on the track, height, etc.

CF has been pretty consistent with releasing a layout and CG rendered video for new coasters over the past few years of announcements.

Will they have specs about the robotic arm that rips your nuts off and feeds them to you?

If its not a looper or wing rider, or dive machine, or aqua trax, i'm betting this might still have some airtime hills but overall be a bit more twisty, like a jumbo Raging Bull. What ever it is the important thing for the future is b&m breaking the 300 ft mark.

Edited by SuperShawn

While my first choice was an epic flying coaster to burry the pain of tomb raider/time warp, it's hard to complain about a B&M bigger than behemoth. I've always found the out and back format a little dry, so I'd say a giga B&M with more twists and turns would be a very different experience. Also the trains at 4 across are much better. Often times I travel with 3 others and it doesn't really feel like you're sitting with the other people when on Behemoth as they are in front or behind you. Will this raise Wonderland to the 2nd best Cedar Fair park or would people say King's Island or Dominion has a stronger lineup even with this addition? I've been to many CF parks and I'd rank them currently as: (out of the ones I've been to)

Cedar Point

King's Dominion

King's Island

Wonderland

Dorney

Mich Adventure

God I really hope that's the innovation they add to this ride. 300 foot B&M with kuka arm that rips your nuts off and feeds them to you...instant #1.

Only if it's launched, floorless, flying and diving, themed to super 8, and allows me to listen to my favorite song in 7.1 surround sound, while being recorded by 3d cameras . The Kuka arm should also run a random program or one that I can pre-program at home. Icing on the cake? An iPhone app that lets me control the brakes in real time.