TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Thanks for the help! I'll try to claim a spot on the hill nice and early.

The best view for the fireworks has always been the hill by Vortex, however if you want the full experience, and an easy exit, I would suggest by the front gate. They do launch fireworks off the top of the mountain.

Here's a video I shot in 2012 of the Victoria Day fireworks from the area I am talking about. Forgive the shakiness as it was on my old camera.

I'm heading to a guitar festival this weekend and just realized that my hotel is only 40 minutes from Canada's Wonderland I've never been to the park and plan on visiting this Monday (day after Father's day). I'll probably only stay until 8:00 pm as I'll be driving back home that night, so I was wondering if it's worthwhile to purchase a fast-lane pass. I don't need 10 rides on Leviathan or Behemoth but I'd rather not wait more than an hour for the rides... Thanks!

I'm heading to a guitar festival this weekend and just realized that my hotel is only 40 minutes from Canada's Wonderland I've never been to the park and plan on visiting this Monday (day after Father's day). I'll probably only stay until 8:00 pm as I'll be driving back home that night, so I was wondering if it's worthwhile to purchase a fast-lane pass. I don't need 10 rides on Leviathan or Behemoth but I'd rather not wait more than an hour for the rides... Thanks!

With school exams officially starting last Friday and most of them done, I forsee the park starting to pick up. Still hard to call, I'd decide when you get there if you should purchase one.

^Not all schools are done yet. There are bunch of schools that will be finishing Tuesday/Wednesday

On that note, the park won't be busy but not empty. Will you need fast lane....probably note. But make the call when you get there. (If you get to the park at rope drop, you should be fine)

First trip of the season to the park yesterday morning with my son (7 years old now). He is still on 48 inches high..so no Behemoth or Leviathan for him yet (and he is autistic so there will be a LOT of training to work him up to those). Managed to get Vortex, Minebuster and Stunt Coaster done before the park got mobbed. It adds an interesting slant to the roller coaster pastime when your child is autistic and we are trying to coax him through anxieties and reassure others that he is OK. A topic that i am sure has been discussed on TPR....I will have to search for it methinks. anyway,I thought the new bits of the water park look really nice, and we are looking forward to trying out the new funnel slide.

I don't have much to add yet on the construction site and the site where Skyrider was. I am guessing like many other people. There will definitely be something put there though...as it looks pretty bleak right now, and Wonderland is not known for being an unpicturesque park!

I was surprised though (as I mentioned earlier) that they have NOT added anything the Wonder mountains "Guardian". When the park gets busy, the line just files out the mountain, no ropes, no line system or anything. Rather disorganised in my opinion, and surprising as when the ride opened last year the general talk was how much extra theming CW/CF could do in this area. I said before that a shop might be a good idea on exit....more opportunity for merchandise sales. Not sure why this remains so underdeveloped (particularly the line up!).

I just got back from a 1/2 day at the park. I hadn't planned on going today, but a 9am meeting in Vaughan got cancelled after I had already arrived. I suddenly had the entire morning free, a coaster skyline in my rearview mirror and a Platinum Pass burning a rectangular (with circular edged) hole in my wallet. Yay me.

In just over 3 hours I managed to ride Leviathan (x 2), Behemoth (x2), Psyclone, Sledge Hammer, Backlot, Windseeker, Vortex, Shockwave, and Drop Tower. I also ate an entire HUGE box of BBQ flavoured popcorn for breakfast. Pretty good for a day during which the expected highlight was to have been a dreadfully boring 4 hour presentation.

I also took one photo.

IMG_6227.thumb.JPG.9791e15f1ec65223cfb3cbef6335a5a9.JPG

The singular photo that was taken.

Yeah, nice grass... and e-stopped Windseeker lol.

And a broken WMG....and over a minute dispatches for Levi (crew doesn't even look motivated to try and beat the countdown clock).

This is hard to believe. Wonderland's crew has become very efficient, especially with the added seat belts to the B&M's. Most time is wasted by the riders anyway and even if the crew is having a bad day, those coasters just fly through people, even when stacking,

^Nope, Leviathan was stacking all 3 trains almost all the time. Riders were moving a good pace though...crew just taking their time. Also, given that they've added 20 seconds to the countdown clock and they still can't beat it (last year the countdown was 40 or 45 seconds and the crew was beating the countdown like a joke), capacity is taking a hit (20 seconds adds up with every train)

^Nope, Leviathan was stacking all 3 trains almost all the time. Riders were moving a good pace though...crew just taking their time. Also, given that they've added 20 seconds to the countdown clock and they still can't beat it (last year the countdown was 40 or 45 seconds and the crew was beating the countdown like a joke), capacity is taking a hit (20 seconds adds up with every train)

It's not always the crews' fault. I went on yesterday and some a$$hole tried to bring his bag on the ride, then asked to put his phone away, THEN asked to have his glasses put away. It screwed up the ride cycle. They really should put these metal containment thingamajigs where you can store your stuff outside the line.

I am not surprised you ran into a problem like that there. As nice a park Wonderland is, anytime I go I always seem to have a problem like atleast once in my day. I remember a time when Cedar Point wouldn't let you take any bags or anything you couldn't on the ride with you. You had to get a locker at the front of the park or have some one not riding holding it for you. After reading what you posted I wish all parks went to that system. Get rid of the bins on coasters and make all rides like how Wonder Mountain Guardian is run. It would make lines move faster. I have never understood why people bring so much junk into the park with them. When ever I go to a park all I bring in with me is my keys, my wallet and my cell phone. If you need to bring in a backpack, that's fine but I would love it if all parks made people use the Fluffy, Fluffy Bunnies filled with Medicine and Glue instead of bins on each coaster.

I know most parks do have Fluffy Fluffy Bunnies filled with Medicine and Goo, and most people don't use them. If you look at Cedar Point, they have a few coasters where they have no bins and loading times move quite quickly. If they did that with all rides, the lines would move that much quicker.

Universal does it best, almost all major rides or coasters have free lockers for the duration of the ride wait time + a couple mins extra. Really makes lines fly through with no one having to secure lose articles or slowly place their bags in bins than slowly return to their seats. I have no idea why people bring so much stuff to the parks, seriously!

^^ I am sure you already know this, but the main reason that they don't have bins is due to the unique loading stations on TTD and MF. I have still seen operations come to a halt on both of those rides due to someone trying to bring something on the ride that wasn't allowed.

For the most part though, the employees at the line entrances do a great job of making sure that people don't get in the lines with loose articles, although some can tend to slip through if the employee gets distracted by another guest (or guests).

I admit, it is very annoying when people do this. Certainly not arguing that, but doing away with bins would not deter morons from trying to bring loose articles onto rides. Mainly because they still wouldn't use the lockers because they cost money & they see it as an inconvenience. Unlike selfie sticks, I don't see parks banning backpacks & other loose articles from being brought in either.

I am with you in that I simply don't bring loose articles in the park that aren't able to be zipped in shorts or strapped to my belt. When I decided to bring a backpack into BGW two weeks ago, I simply sucked it up and used the lockers or had a non-rider hold it. The only reason I brought it was for a pair of sandals for the water rides, a clean t-shirt, sunscreen and my phone, in case the group got separated. And yes, I admit that it WAS an inconvenience, therefore I will not be bringing one into the park next time.

Now...back to your regularly scheduled program!

I have no idea why people bring so much stuff to the parks, seriously!

Depends what you mean by "so much stuff". Jacket, hat and sunscreen for myself and kid. Nothing wrong with that at all. Fits nicely into a small backpack which get stowed in the bins at the start of the ride.

When I am using the waterpark I will rent a locker to use.

Can't legislate for everything....and the "put items in pocket" crowd are no better...as I have seen numerous items go flying on inverted rides as that article came flying out from being hastily stuffed in.

Wonderland is better than some parks...and MOST people do their best to store their bags appropriately. I wouldn't call it a major issue unless it was happening ALL the time.

L- o- c- k- e- r - there was such a huge Hubub a couple years ago about parks making you pay for a storage place to put your souvenier mug that they upsold you that every post had that word in it like 20 times. The neverending complaining ended up with having the word filter engaged to make posts about them look stupid. It has stuck around because it is funny.

The way to force TPR to show L/o/c/k/e/rs it to make the font real small for a / then type the letters one by one like this L/o/c/k/e/rs. Make sure the / are size 1 font.

Or you could just call it "Lockers" because it is amusing.