TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Armchair engineering at it's finest..........

CW got a kicka$$ ride and all people are worried about is how long/high the brake run is?!?!?! Give me a break. The ride was DESIGNED by engineers with actual mechanical engineering degrees (not RCT/No Limits degrees)

In regards to the layout......it is what it is. If the park wanted an extra helix....they would have made it happen.

[End rant]

So... Dinosaurs Alive at Canada's Wonderland next year???

Firstly, if indeed Dinosaurs Alive is coming next year, unless they take out something, there would be almost no room. They could built in the in the land inside Water Water canon which always a possibility.

Nothing is being removed... Well, that's not completely true. The former Bedrock Aquarium has been removed. That area including the area that stretches all the way behind the former Nick area towards the birthday tent, is all available.

That is where Dinosaurs Alive is going to go. LOTS of space. See satellite shot here:

http://www.cwmania.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2243

And I'm trying to get confirmation about the cranes being on site. It matches the timeline I've been given for the lift to be complete by the end of October.

^ Where is any confirmation of Dinosaurs Alive coming to Wonderland? Not that it wouldn't make sense or fit that area, but no one has confirmed it.

I guess on a side note as well, who really wants Dinosaurs Alive? I mean, it's neat I guess, but, I've found all these additions a little odd for these parks. Seems more the style of the Busch Parks rather then Cedar Fair.

No official announcement has come out yet. But that's what's happening and where it's going.

That would be a cool use of space no longer in use. Personally, it wouldn't really attract me at all but I can see it being a huge hit among families with younger kids. Maybe like the ROM gallery on steroids?

Anyone who has Facebook go to Canada's Wonderland's Facebook page and click on "Amazement Park Trailer" or go here: http://www.facebook.com/CanadasWonderland?sk=app_220530904665775

The game is so cool and a must play!!!!!!!! Yes some of you may think its a bit childish

Actually gave this a go, kinda neat, features a lot of CW, Knott's, and CGA rides, which is pretty sweet!

Regarding Dinosaur's Alive, this is the one park I think this could actually really work at, considering the average (read: insane) attendance CW manages, and it'd be in the perfect spot near the back of the park in the kid's area.

Does anyone know how the dinosaur movie is doing at KI? I was thinking if the movie was successful, maybe they could make a sort of DA midway in place of the queue to Action Theatre. They've already got the vendor facilities for Launch Pad, a small addition to that building could make it double for both attractions which would make it easier for staff to handle.

I'm a bit confused though, will DA sneak it's way into CW for next season or later on? I know Dorney has an unannounced DA going into their park.

I live right beside Wonderland and the tent for the former bedrock show is still standing... don't know what you guys are talking about...

You may want to take a second look. The blue covered tent at the corner of Major Mac & 400, the former Bedrock Aquarium, was removed the week after Labour Day. All the seats have been removed and as of a week ago, all the concrete had been broken up but was still on site. I'm sure it's all been cleared out over this past week.

There are stakes that stretch from behind Boo Blasters back towards the turnaround on Ghoster Coaster.

With the high attendance and the fact that people spend TONNES of money at Wonderland (I've never been to an amusement park where there are lines at almost EVERY concession stand in the park during a weekday in the summer), I can see this attraction being another great source of revenue.

If you'd prefer, just ignore my posts and don't believe... But Skycoastin' Steve has proven in this thread that people can have info without "proof".

Does anyone know how the dinosaur movie is doing at KI? I was thinking if the movie was successful, maybe they could make a sort of DA midway in place of the queue to Action Theatre.

As an extra $2 on top of the $5 up-charge, it's really pretty piss poor. I can't see too many people spending the extra 5 to 7 bucks more than once for the whole attraction. It's pretty neat, but not worth the up-charge more than once, at least in my opinion. That said, the attraction must be doing pretty well if some of the other CF parks are adding it as well. The kids do love their dinosaurs.

Here are a few pics from today to show some progress. They are moving along at a good pace so far. Also posting couple of pics from the area where Dinosaurs Alive is rumored to be going.

Parts for the chain lift

Lift motor?

Overview of brakes so far and station area.

Overview of the area so far

Land Clearing for Dinosaurs Alive

Although its not a huge selling feature for me, I will admit that if this is Dinosaurs Alive they are putting it in a great spot

Edited by PCW_Nut

Where exactly were those Dinos Alive photos taken? I can't seem to recognize the area?

The area wraps around from behind the washrooms in Planet Snoopy (the former Bedrock Aquarium site) all the way around behind the food building in the former Bedrock/Nick area over towards the party tent.

Do you guys remember a little coaster called Millenium Force? Without it's second station, THAT would be a super-long break run as well. And besides, do you know how cool it is going to be as you hit the breaks, look to your left and be able to see a train drop down Dragon Fire's first hill whilst your almost at the same height as the first drop of DF? I don't know about you, but that is a big selling point to me with Leviathan: You can interact with another coaster even while your on the break run! So before you whine, look at the positives of this break run:

1) Nice view of Medieval Faire as you race back into the breaks

2) Interaction with DF's first hill (when it's timed correctly)

3) Being able to look over and see a train race down Leviathan's first drop!

Even if it's super awkward and is like the NBA player of Brake Run's at CW it will help finish a really cool ride experience on Leviathan.

Anyone know where the entrance will be? I think it'll be kind of weird with the station right next to the path, unless it's themed to some extent.

It would be pretty awesome if they could find the guy that did the sculptures for Wild Beast and Dragon Fire and get him to make one for Leviathan. That's just wishful thinking though.

Anyone know where the entrance will be? I think it'll be kind of weird with the station right next to the path, unless it's themed to some extent.

It would be pretty awesome if they could find the guy that did the sculptures for Wild Beast and Dragon Fire and get him to make one for Leviathan. That's just wishful thinking though.

Not sure of the entrance but definitely know the the station is on the side where the arcade is now. I am guessing that perhaps you will enter sort of under the turn to the lift and then queue up under the lift/brake area perhaps zigzagging back? The only other option would be to put the entrance on the opposite side between the bathroom and the first aid station, which I think would be the better of the two options. Kind of walk under the brake run and zigzag to the left back to the station area.

I was listening to a couple workers talk yesterday about it but couldn't make out too much. All I got was that there is some sort of new aspect to be able to allow them to know when to dispatch the next train.

I am guessing an overhaul to the area will be in play much like when Behemoth came in as this part of the park will see CRAZY congestion for a while. I predict lines back to the at least the fountains by the theater for Preview night and/or opening day.