TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Child Eaten by Crocodile at Chinese Amusement Park

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one crocodile was killed. I don't know if it was the one that dragged him in (the article i read didn't say) but they found his remains inside. It's a horrible way for the child to die, and you could say it's not his fault due to ignorance, but really, who jumps a fence into an enclosue, it's there for a reason. I don't feel too sorry for the kid because he was pretty stupid, but it must be really bad for the parents to live through, and to have to deal with all the "bad parenting" comments they will doubtless get...

It's because once an animal tastes human blood I gets basically addicted to it and is much more likely to attack humans on its own.

Human blood is not a drug to animals.

Sharks, crocodiles, lions, tigers, etc all have killer instincts.

Doesn't matter if you're a human, or a wild animal. Get near them and they're going to attack.

A shark bitting a human doesn't all of a sudden turn it into some crazed killing machine like in the movies.

This thread is one of the most heartless things I have ever read. I feel so bad for that child. He was only 9 and just a baby. I just feel so bad for him. The fear and pain he felt. I can't believe how you guys are acting like he deserved this. If you were there and witnessed this, you would not be joking, you would be traumatized.

I don't blame the croc and I think the only reason it got shot was to retrieve some of the child's body for his parents. So that they could have their son's body for burial /cremation.

My guess is that most of you don't have children.

He was only 9 and just a baby. If you were there and witnessed this, you would not be joking, you would be traumatized.

First off, babies don't climb fenced crocodile enclosures. Secondly, a 9 year old should know better, period.

And yes, if I were there, it would most certainly be traumatic to some extent. Also, it is a sad event regardless how we all feel. However, when all is said and done, it's just another example of sense not being common afterall.

You play with fire, you get burned.

This thread is one of the most heartless things I have ever read. I feel so bad for that child. He was only 9 and just a baby. I just feel so bad for him. The fear and pain he felt. I can't believe how you guys are acting like he deserved this. If you were there and witnessed this, you would not be joking, you would be traumatized.

I don't blame the croc and I think the only reason it got shot was to retrieve some of the child's body for his parents. So that they could have their son's body for burial /cremation.

My guess is that most of you don't have children.

Of course he didn't deserve it but what kind of kid goes into a croc exibit? He's 9! He's old enough to know that animals with big teeth will bite. I'm sorry that you feel this thread is heartless. I guess maybe we should rethink this. I mean they were only poking it with sticks, throwing stuff at it and crossing boundaries...right?

I believe this is video of them pulling the limbs of the child out of the crocodile. Viewer discretion strongly advised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPVKPZgKt9s

-edit- I just looked at the date of the video and it's from April 7th, so I guess I was wrong. Though I'm sure the Chinese Crocidile had a similar fate.

That's just disguisting. I feel very bad now

I hate how the animals end up paying the price for human negligence as the crocodile was shot. This happened recently in my town where a kid at a local park in Richmond got loose from his parents and entered a fenced off area for bears. Of course, the kid was bitten by a bear and the animal was put down.
No I disagree. Regardless of the fact that the human was an idiot an animal that kills no longer should exist. There just is no reason for their existence anymore.

I hate how the animals end up paying the price for human negligence as the crocodile was shot. This happened recently in my town where a kid at a local park in Richmond got loose from his parents and entered a fenced off area for bears. Of course, the kid was bitten by a bear and the animal was put down.
No I disagree. Regardless of the fact that the human was an idiot an animal that kills no longer should exist. There just is no reason for their existence anymore.

It was only teaching them a lesson. Be it harsh or not.

Besides, it's their instincts. Never mess with animals, especially dangerous predators!

Why not kill all crocs? They all kill right?

From my understanding after reading several other articles on the subject, they shot one so they could disect it and find out if the boy had in fact been eaten.

Those findings did infact report that he was eaten.

Since humans kill does that theory apply to all of them? The animal was reacting out of instict and maybe even "self defense" seeing as how the kid came into his home and attacked him first.